Author Topic: So Much For 1 Hour Assembly  (Read 1185 times)

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
So Much For 1 Hour Assembly
« on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:18 PM »
just finally got my NEW trekker put together.....the instructions say 1 hour to  set-up.......I wish it would have only taken that long.........2.5 hours later here I am.........that thing better be worth the $280 I spent.......... ;D

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: So Much For 1 Hour Assembly
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Forgive me, but what the heck is this "trekker" of which you speak ???  I'm sure it's got nothing to do with Kirk or Picard :-\ :D

Offline Rico24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:25 PM »
I guess he's talking about the Trekker from Frabill.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:26 PM »
its Frabills line of 2 man flip-over style portable.........they got them on sale right now at Mills Fleet Farm for 279.99..............wh at a deal for the guy thats looking for a nice house for cheap......... ;)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:27 PM »
the instructions say 1 hour to  set-up

Thats why you are supposed to throw the directions out! sheesh no wonder it took so long  :laugh:
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Thats why you are supposed to throw the directions out! sheesh no wonder it took so long  :laugh:

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:................its too true I guess I should have just thrown them out but I dont think I would have been able to get it together without them I had a hard enough time trying to figure out what the heck the instructions even meant before I started...........I hate how they word instructions........it almost like you need a professor just to translate the meaning :D  but the thing is together and I really like it...........am thinkin about takin it out for a trial run tomorrow

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:48 PM »
Are you sure that you were reading the correct language? ??? ???
If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Offline Lone Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:50 PM »
On the site it looks like a good portable at least, right??  good luck tomorrow!  :tipup:

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:51 PM »
yeah I spose that would have helped me out a little bit ::) ;)

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I used a ratchet and a power driver and put my Trekker DLX together in less than an hour. I even used the instructions.

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2008, 09:36 AM »
just finally got my NEW trekker put together.....the instructions say 1 hour to  set-up.......I wish it would have only taken that long.........2.5 hours later here I am.........that thing better be worth the $280 I spent.......... ;D
Put my new Fishtrap Scout together a couple weeks ago and it was just as bad.  The directions on several things on how to assemble would not work, had to improvise!!  f-n-f

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2008, 09:47 AM »
when I put together the otter village  the directions were way off!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline boomdoggie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:26 AM »
When i bought my Shappell Rover i paid $20 more for the display model . I bought it later in the season and was itching to get out and use it

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:29 AM »
On the site it looks like a good portable at least, right??  good luck tomorrow!  :tipup:

hey guys I told you I had to test out the new shanty well I couldnt sleep the night I finally got it together so I went out to tha lake at 3 in the morning.......crazy I know but I wanted to try out my new shanty........the result of my outing........I got a nice limit of crappies in 2 hrs.  16.4 fow right on the bottom jiggin a frostee tipped with a minnow head..........went out again last night and got 6 more........the house is really nice there is all kinds of room in it...........I really like the door on the front so that I dont have to flip it over to get out I can actually bank it up if I want.........god it feels good to know that I got a nice new shanty for $280 and dont have to freeze anymore............I really like how light the thing is....only 74 lbs........I can throw it in and out of my jeep without a problem.......it fits perfect in the back with the seats laid down of course........... ;D ;)

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2008, 01:03 PM »

hey guys I told you I had to test out the new shanty well I couldnt sleep the night I finally got it together so I went out to tha lake at 3 in the morning.......crazy I know but I wanted to try out my new shanty........the result of my outing........I got a nice limit of crappies in 2 hrs.  16.4 fow right on the bottom jiggin a frostee tipped with a minnow head..........went out again last night and got 6 more........the house is really nice there is all kinds of room in it...........I really like the door on the front so that I dont have to flip it over to get out I can actually bank it up if I want.........god it feels good to know that I got a nice new shanty for $280 and dont have to freeze anymore............I really like how light the thing is....only 74 lbs........I can throw it in and out of my jeep without a problem.......it fits perfect in the back with the seats laid down of course........... ;D ;)
Sounds like your in for a season of fun there iluvcrappie - NICE  :)

Offline Spawnwalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Makes you feel like a kid at Christmas doesn't it?
Death from above

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.