Author Topic: Lazer Synthetic Auger  (Read 1714 times)

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
Lazer Synthetic Auger
« on: Jul 16, 2019, 01:30 PM »
With all the talk about lightweight augers lately, I thought I'd share that the Lazer Synthetic auger is being discontinued. A Strikemaster rep told me the other day that they will be carrying a limited supply of replacement blades for both the 4" and 6" models.

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Lazer Synthetic Auger
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2019, 05:34 PM »
DUH:
He's a typical salesman.
They're getting rid of the Synthetic auger because, the 6", actually 160mm/6.3" sells for $150 which is below the new 6" auger price. Strikemaster
has for years offered this price during the summer at the discounted price with free shipping.
This past winter MORA offered a 6" (MORA LITE) SYNTHETIC auger (with a offset handle much desired by hand auger fanatics) on BlackFriday for $99
with a $16 shipping charge from Sweden/Finland. This hand auger takes the standard Strikemaster 6" lazer blades.
I would be looking for this again on BlackFriday.
If it shows up and I'm still functional i'll post it on "Best Deals".
Leave Some For Seed

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2019, 04:20 PM »
There coming out with the lite flit in 6 and 8 inch that has laser blades and z power point and I think the 6 weights 4.4lbs ? Just a heads up..

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2019, 05:28 PM »
I tend to think their augers are coming from "over there".
The 6" has been around for a few years with a better suit-on (offset-handle).
The 8" is a new player in a already crowded field.
Lets think about this. MORA has offered a 4 1/2" 5" 6" 7" 8" for years (no center-point) without complaints. Now Eskimo has a 8" without a centerpoint and every Einstein (who doesn't actually own one) says they're a POS.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2019, 07:30 AM »
 My 6" Nils has no center point, and I have no problems with , just start slow for a split second. I would thinks others would be similar.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2019, 07:45 AM »

I’ve run a moras , Lazers  and a nils with no center point with no trouble

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2019, 01:40 PM »
No problems with my Nils or Mini Nero either! It’s all in how you use them. Most auger problems occur due to mis-handling like slamming it down on the ice, ice buildup on the blades, dull blades or other issues. Slow start is the ticket!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2019, 03:35 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: congratulations to those who don't need a centerpoint  ::)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2019, 05:16 AM »
My 6" Nils has no center point, and I have no problems with , just start slow for a split second. I would thinks others would be similar.

Same here nills flawless.. I think strike master is doing for a saftey stand point ? As in why they added the center point.. my nills tends to walk away before It starts cutting??   if I had the auger in high speed Instead of low?  i would have lost a toe..  I think that's why they went center point route?  by the way I don't think the new lite flite auger has ice breaking bars ?? on it??  cause in photo I noticed there was none on the 8 inch?? So it must cut very very fast for hole hopping??

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:34 AM »
You need to sharpen the starting edge of the blade. I have a normal nils head and a nils head with a power point. I prefer the power point all day long.

The point of having a tip IMO  is so you can place the hole exactly where you want it. In the ice castle with a hole that has uneven ice, the power point helps a lot when trying to place a centered hole.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:51 AM »
No problems with my Nils or Mini Nero either! It’s all in how you use them. Most auger problems occur due to mis-handling like slamming it down on the ice, ice buildup on the blades, dull blades or other issues. Slow start is the ticket!
concur! Guy last season couldn’t get his auger to cut Inlet use my propane. He started cutting got a couple inches in lifted up my auger and slammed it back into the hole! Think I said some cuss words and left him to figure out how to get some holes cut on his own.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2019, 02:16 PM »
my original Ion without a point moved slightly but barely enough to notice. My new Ion with a point is easier to go exactly where I want. I'm a house guy 90% of the time, if I was on open ice I could care less about the point. No way on this earth would I buy SM or any lazer style blade drill for reopening holes in a permanent. They're just not dependable. They might work for many many times with no problems but that time you go out and the don't, you're screwed. It's a helpless feeling cause you ain't drilling.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.