Author Topic: New here, from Chicago  (Read 1453 times)

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
New here, from Chicago
« on: Dec 08, 2017, 12:35 PM »
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've used the forum for information a couple years now and figured its time to sign up. This cold snap has got me itching for hard water

New-ish to ice fishing. A coworker of mine invited me out to his rod and gun club a couple seasons ago to ice fish for the first time and I've been hooked ever since. The last two years I've accumulated just the basics in gear to get by. This season I'm making the investment to get setup with all the right stuff to get out on the ice more frequently and be able to introduce some new people to the sport.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New here, from Chicago
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Welcome! What areas do you plan on fishing? Maybe I'll see ya out there. Good luck this year and tight lines. Hopefully we get a good cold snap and we get out there soon

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Welcome! What areas do you plan on fishing? Maybe I'll see ya out there. Good luck this year and tight lines. Hopefully we get a good cold snap and we get out there soon

I have a friend with some property in the Goose Lake Association down in Morris, I plan to be down there quite a bit. Other than that, Pure rod and gun club, Lake Summerset, I want to fish the Chicago harbors this year which ive never done, and id like to try taking a trip somewhere north in WI for a long weekend and renting a shanty. Always open to meet up with some other anglers. I live in Chicago but work in Lemont, Im sure i'll be neighborhood pond hopping here and there.

Offline torchd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2018, 04:28 AM »
I am from Brookfield, not far from Lemont at all.  Have you fished Sag Quarries yet?

Offline offshoredrilling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:42 AM »
I am from Brookfield, not far from Lemont at all.  Have you fished Sag Quarries yet?

No, I haven’t.

I’ve been on Lake Michigan mostly this year. Really enjoying perch fishing there, being so easy to catch tons of fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.