Author Topic: Pklures  (Read 13729 times)

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pklures
« Reply #60 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:31 AM »
I picked some up before Christmas and was excited to give them a whirl...or see if it was all hype.  I really do think there might be something to these though.  Not 100% sold yet but they have promise.  My first tie up with one(3/8 oz pearl chartreuse) I caught a ling (burbot) before it hit bottom.  That was cool, but also the only fish I got with that all day.  They do a number on your line that's for sure, and I believe a swivel is a must.  I have fished the smallest pk spoon in perch glow quite a bit now and they do seem to have a way of "pulling" fish in.  It's getting them to hit that I am still trying to figure out
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • PK Lures -- Catching Fish Redefined!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 25, 2012, 09:58 AM »
I picked some up before Christmas and was excited to give them a whirl...or see if it was all hype.  I really do think there might be something to these though.  Not 100% sold yet but they have promise.  My first tie up with one(3/8 oz pearl chartreuse) I caught a ling (burbot) before it hit bottom.  That was cool, but also the only fish I got with that all day.  They do a number on your line that's for sure, and I believe a swivel is a must.  I have fished the smallest pk spoon in perch glow quite a bit now and they do seem to have a way of "pulling" fish in.  It's getting them to hit that I am still trying to figure out

That little firetiger glow pattern is really doing well mid-season.  If you need some tips, see our instructional thread (pasted below).  I will tell you that electronics help a LOT.  Playing the fish we see on the flasher is just as important as playing the fish AFTER the hookset.  Key tips for the moment are:  always tease away from the fish, downsize mid-season to 1/4 oz lures, and on cautious fish don't be afraid to drop the lure into the sediment and let it sit for a few seconds -- curious fish will often suck something up and taste it before spitting it out if they don't like it, and if you're watching carefully for slack, you can get 'em before they spit.   

Tight lines, Fishinwithbrittanies!

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=209069.msg2103409#msg2103409

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Sorry man.  I hope you don't think I'm bashing your lures.  I'm not trying too.
I've read a lot of the info on PK's and watched a lot of video's.  I have electronics and use them religiously.

That was just my .02 and wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Sorry man.  I hope you don't think I'm bashing your lures.  I'm not trying too.
I've read a lot of the info on PK's and watched a lot of video's.  I have electronics and use them religiously.

That was just my .02 and wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Far from it, fishinwithbrittanies, I enjoyed your post and there was 0% bashing in your post.  None whatsoever.  Even with electronics, it's like playing chess with fish at times.  But they sure do work on ling -- we have a pending world record 36 incher from Saskatchewan to share on the eelpout thread.  Check it out when you get a chance.

Offline Hagigun

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "...It's the reckoning."
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2012, 01:01 PM »
Tried the PK flutterfish out last night on some crappies. I went down to the 1/8oz size in red dot glow. We were hardly marking fish and as a group of 5 of us, we caught 6 fish. The flutterfish got 4 of them. They just weren't all that active and others we heard about had the same issues. Just a slow night.

I got 2 crappies (9" er was best) and 2 real small gills. Others tried tiny jigs with waxies, plastics, minnows. Buckshots tipped, all sorts of lures. The flutterfish with no bait beat all of them combined.

Can't tell you how happy I am to have these in my arsenal. Great lure and the no tipping with bait feature is the best part.

If you don't have these, you have to try them. Start off with a small order like me, $70 worth! LOL!! No regrets at all though. Especially because they have summer applications so I'll just move them to the summer tackle here shortly.
Why?
....Because I can't can't Golf with Ice on the lake!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2012, 03:17 PM »
I also had a chance to try one of the PK lures I purchased on my last fishing adventures.
I usually fish for pike, but on this day, I was going to try them on the very tight lipped winter walleye in this particular lake.

I walked out with my gear to where I felt they could be and moved from spot to spot on foot for a few hours that morning.
In that time I had one tap, one walleye get off just under the ice and finally I iced my first walleye this winter.
He was no giant, but it still felt good to get this lakes tough winter walleye to bite. :)

All the action came on the pearl chartreuse PK flutter fish, without bait and jigging it the way the PK guys have shown us on their website and here at Ice Shanty.

I will give the rest of my PK lures a try over the ice fishing season, and we will see what happens. ;D

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Another personal best taken on a PK Spoon... course, in this case, the fish is almost as big as the "fisher", and the smile is bigger than both...  ;)

North Dakota fish, taken on a Firetiger 3/8th oz PK Spoon.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Dec 18, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Couple things...

First..
What is your refund policy?  I just got an order from cabelas and took your lures out.  I wasn't fishing more than five minutes and had a fish break me off on a silver 1/8 flutterfish.  You guys should have warned me about that.  ;D

Second and more importantly.
I asked about this last year but thought I'd ask again.  I fish a lake which is not a serious walleye lake but they are in there.  The whole things covered in weeds on the bottom so pounding the bottom isn't really an option.  That with the fact that these guys are severely stubborn.  I'd like to get a ton you your pks in different colors and sizes but do you have any suggestions for how to fish extremely tight lipped fish?  I've been fishing the flutterfish mostly.  I need to experiment more with the spoon.  You were very helpful last year with advice, any suggestions.  I've been having better success with smaller sizes.  (switching from 3/8 to 1/4) so now I'm thinking of trying just the 1/8 flutter and spoon in a few different colors.  Recommendations?   Perch are the primary food source, little to know structure other than weeds.

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 28, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Yes I think the fish will go if you down size a bit. I personally like to use the flutter fish as they trigger strikes as they fall  6 lb test may help as well. Watch for the smallest of a twitch. And when your dropping semi slack line. And good electronics would be a plus easy to stay focused when you know the fish are around.And some of our new colors Just maybe the ticket. Also a small  minnow head could help just not to much to hurt the action of the lure.. Gold and Pink Pearl Glow could be just what gets you on the bite. But with perch as a the main diet Firetiger or firetigher glow. 1/8 oz pk.Good Luck  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.