Author Topic: New Products From Frabill  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
New Products From Frabill
« on: Oct 09, 2013, 05:15 AM »
Check out the new products for 2013 from Frabill
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Re: New Products From Frabill
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2013, 10:56 AM »
 ;)    NICE,   This might give Otter a run for their money.   I just wish Frabill  sleds were built better.  Seeing how Otter products are nearly impossible to get here in Western Canada, I think I am going to pull the trigger on one of these new shelters from frabill

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline Official Frabill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2013, 10:58 AM »
Glad you dig the stuff. What specifically would you like to see in our sleds? We can certainly pass your input to our product development people!

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2013, 11:38 AM »
It's nice to see a sponsor take an active part in the Shanty!! Welcome aboard!! On thing I would like to see in your catalogs is the weight of your shelters! It helps with comparison shopping! I'm speaking specifically of the Ambush series shelters! I really like the side doors!! Once you are set up and sealed, there is no need to flip it back up until it's time to move/go!! How about some powered augers?? Gas, propane or electric.. :tipup: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2013, 08:28 PM »
;)    NICE,   This might give Otter a run for their money.   I just wish Frabill  sleds were built better.  Seeing how Otter products are nearly impossible to get here in Western Canada, I think I am going to pull the trigger on one of these new shelters from frabill

I don't think Fragile will ever give Otter a run for the money.   On the link it says shipping to the US only. 

Offline Official Frabill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:38 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out Old Sailor. We have added weights to the Ambush shelters on our website.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2013, 12:15 PM »
I just recieved my new Ambush DLX shelter and I must say that I am imressed with the quality, heavy duty hardware and design! Definately worth the money to me! If my kids stay warm I'll be able to fish longer ....

Poorboy

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2013, 02:07 PM »
I just recieved my new Ambush DLX shelter and I must say that I am imressed with the quality, heavy duty hardware and design! Definately worth the money to me! If my kids stay warm I'll be able to fish longer ....

Poorboy
Did you get the insulated model or the regular DLX?? Bass Pro has the base shelter for $549.99 where Frabill lists $599.99 on the website. The prices on the other two shelters are the same! $699.99 for the DLX and $799.99 for the Thermal DLX. Please let us know if you have any problems, because if the quality and heavy duty hardware are as good as you say, this will be an alternative to Otter!! They are NOT light as the thermal is 126 lbs., not something you want to pull by yourself very far!! Sled or atv/utv would be best!! Seeing this is new, anyone buying one, please post your experiences, both good and bad for the other members benefit!! And make sure you let Official Frabill know of any problems you have, as well as Frabill Customer Service!  :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out Old Sailor. We have added weights to the Ambush shelters on our website.
You need to get at least one more post so that your PM privilege is activated! That way we can contact you with any questions or problems we may have! Thanks!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Glad you dig the stuff. What specifically would you like to see in our sleds? We can certainly pass your input to our product development people!

Just purchased your Straight Line 101XLA Combo today.....seems like a well-made, simple piece. Hopefully, it'll get a real workout this year for a later review....  ;)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2013, 04:50 AM »
Did you get the insulated model or the regular DLX?? Bass Pro has the base shelter for $549.99 where Frabill lists $599.99 on the website. The prices on the other two shelters are the same! $699.99 for the DLX and $799.99 for the Thermal DLX. Please let us know if you have any problems, because if the quality and heavy duty hardware are as good as you say, this will be an alternative to Otter!! They are NOT light as the thermal is 126 lbs., not something you want to pull by yourself very far!! Sled or atv/utv would be best!! Seeing this is new, anyone buying one, please post your experiences, both good and bad for the other members benefit!! And make sure you let Official Frabill know of any problems you have, as well as Frabill Customer Service!  :icefish:

I bought the Thermal DLX and the Hyfax runners from Reeds Sports in Minnesota. The shelter was $50 off. I really think the shelter weighs less than they claim. The total shipping weight of the shelter in the box with the hyfax was 121lbs. After throwing all of the boxes and other packaging away I would say around 100lbs or less. The seats alone weigh about 15lbs each thats with the base attached so x2 seats is 30lbs alone. The tub is alot heavier than my Trekker 2. The fishing space alone is like fishing in a permanent shanty.

I wouldn't even think of pulling by hand along with my gear inside through deep snow but glazed ice would be fine. So pulling with my ATV should be just fine. The directions were straight forward and simple. The side entry doors is the main reason why I bought the Ambush Thermal and the quality materials out performs the Otter shelters IMO ......  :thumbsup: to Frabill on this one!

Poorboy

Offline Official Frabill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2013, 11:26 AM »
Thanks for the feedback UltraGuy. Right now we are foaming at the mouth for reviews of our new stuff, good or bad. We just need some more hard-water so we can get more guys out there!

Keep us posted throughout the season buddy!

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Excited about the 261 bro combo i just ordered, should be here tomorrow.  Will keep you updated!
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Id like to see lighter one man flip overs myself. Us Indiana boys have to hand pull. Thats the sole reason I went for a shappel rover 1. Shappell sleds (jet sleds) have always held up good for me and they are very light. I realize some guys are bigger than others and may want more room, but for me the rover is the perfect size and weight. Easy to get my hands and arms around to load and unload, and the thing weighs like 38 lbs. 5-10 lbs makes a big difference in these things! Not sayin this to be a douche, but maybe frabill will read it and make a lighter and smaller one man lol. Call it the "IN" edition!

Offline Official Frabill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Thanks for the input TType

It's certainly not the first time someone from your area has asked for a 1-man lighter than the Our Recon DLX (http://frabill.com/portable-ice-shelters/flip-over-shelters/6112.html)

Your have already been passed along to the product development team.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2013, 07:01 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:    A bunch of those for Frabill !     Thanks for keeping in tune with us.

Offline Derrick NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2013, 07:53 AM »
I purchased the frabill fishouflage ambush dlx not the thermal from bass pro couldn't be any happier, four days ago it dropped into the mid 20's. This might sounds a little strange, but i set it up in my back yard and went out and sit in it for about a half an hour with my fiancé. This shanty is everything I looked for it stays extremely warm with the buddy heater. I mocked up what it would be like on the ice so i brought out the marcum, and the normal things I usually bring with me. PLENTY of room! The side doors are what sold me, and they do come in handy. Only thing thats a bummer but its my fault is it is heavy and i don't use a sled or an atv so ill be hitting the gym.   

A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone
- Robert Frost -

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Nov 16, 2013, 11:37 AM »
I purchased the frabill fishouflage ambush dlx not the thermal from bass pro couldn't be any happier, four days ago it dropped into the mid 20's. This might sounds a little strange, but i set it up in my back yard and went out and sit in it for about a half an hour with my fiancé. This shanty is everything I looked for it stays extremely warm with the buddy heater. I mocked up what it would be like on the ice so i brought out the marcum, and the normal things I usually bring with me. PLENTY of room! The side doors are what sold me, and they do come in handy. Only thing thats a bummer but its my fault is it is heavy and i don't use a sled or an atv so ill be hitting the gym.
      any pic or video ?..... not much on the web to see to get a really good idea of this shelter greatness
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2013, 12:44 AM »

Ambush DLX Thermal has plenty of room and if you wanted you could fish 10 holes easy and still be comfortable.

Poorboy

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:19 AM »

While installing the tow hitch I used some 5/16" eye bolts so I could clip my rope on if I want to pull by hand.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:39 AM »
Nice pics ....any of the interior and the pole system ? How do you think the pole set wil hold up to the wind  with and with out the side doors zippered up ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:04 AM »

Proper set up just like any other shelter is to know the wind direction and adjust. The owners manual gives advice on setting up according to the wind. Set up is just as easy as any other pop up 2 man. Pull up the poles until they click and put the cross bars in. Very simple!

Poorboy

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:11 AM »
Thanks again ....Looks like you could do jumpn jacks in there ...lota head room ...the fishable area must be awesome ....How many support poles does Frabill supply ? Was the hitch included with your package ? (like your eye bolt idea)  :thumbsup:

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:29 AM »
The hitch, hyfax and cover were all extra but at a reduced price from Reeds Sports. I also upgraded the hitch bar so I don't have to remove the 2" ball on my ATV. I'll some pics. I would have thought Frabill would have supplied a pair of eye bolts with the hitch kit instead of drilling holes in the sled base. I added clips to the yellow poly rope to easily attach to the eye bolts.

Poorboy

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:41 AM »

I looped and crimped a piece of stainless cable about a 6" loop and put the hitch pin through the stainless loop and then slipped a piece of 3" hose over the tow bar and then the hose butts up against the ball to absorb the shock and keeps the tow bar from banging against the 2" tow bar. Now I don't have to remove the tow ball from the ATV.

Poorboy

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Nov 17, 2013, 03:33 PM »

I looped and crimped a piece of stainless cable about a 6" loop and put the hitch pin through the stainless loop and then slipped a piece of 3" hose over the tow bar and then the hose butts up against the ball to absorb the shock and keeps the tow bar from banging against the 2" tow bar. Now I don't have to remove the tow ball from the ATV.

Poorboy
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                 http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-ATV-UTV-Three-Way-Hitch/dp/B006JMKC7O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384723877&sr=8-3&keywords=atv+hitches            wouldn't want that new purchase to get away from ya                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #26 on: Nov 27, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Nice.
Master Laker taker.

Offline ADKLakerTaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2013, 08:32 AM »

My Gear!  ;D

Hard tell'n, not know'n

Offline mr.bartender

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time spent wisely!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 20, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Really like the new titanium spring bobbers! Got one then ordered another today. Lil pricey at $12!
i have enjoyed alot of things in life,but none as much as ice fishing!

Offline Water and ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 20, 2013, 10:35 AM »
When i first saw the new shacks i wanted one. The side door is the main reason I want one. I have a Guardian and love it but its pain to step over everything and always worring about door falling on the heater and melting a hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.