The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Harper's Lake info  (Read 3762 times)

Offline .45-75WCF

• Team IceShanty Regular
Harper's Lake info
« on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Has anyone been to Harper's lately? 

Offline Shyp

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Harper's Lake info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:11 PM »
havent fished it yet but talked to a few people that have been there and heard its been pretty slow

Offline tom1234505

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2010, 12:41 AM »
it is slow. caught 1 fish in 3 hours of fishing, that was it. went out on friday.
"to succeed you must first learn to fail"

Offline griz247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Has anyone fished Blanchard (the one right nest to Harpers) or Elbow?

Offline Nerka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:57 AM »
I saw group of 8-10 with 2x as many tip-ups on the east ent of Blanchard (furthest from in/outflow)--did not check ice conditions, but looks fine except where it's not.  Harpers has 12-15" of ice, fished it yesterday 1 smally RBT ~12" , but saw lot's of fish through the hole crusing the bottom in 10-15' fow.  1st day with a new pop-up shelter (like wrestling an octopus to set it up first time), totally digging the blackout effect, saw more fish yesterday than I've seen all year.   Also went to Salmon Lake for the first time caught a bunch of mini perch 6-8", where all the big ones at?

Offline griz247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Love the blackout in an icehouse! Make things much more interesting especially if your fishing with kids. Also on a sunny day the heating effect is amazing. Inlet at Salmon seems to be the best for Perch...also the shoreline opposite the highway. What about Elbow Lake between Salmon and Blanchard/Harpers? I'm assuming access is the drawback but I think the pike and perch fishing would be great. For perch Upsata might be a good bet but I think fish size might be limited there also.

Offline Fightinwildfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2013, 12:17 PM »
I fished Harpers last weekend, did really well for trout... good luck
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline redneckrance

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Damn the Man
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2013, 04:37 AM »
Love the blackout in an icehouse! Make things much more interesting especially if your fishing with kids. Also on a sunny day the heating effect is amazing. Inlet at Salmon seems to be the best for Perch...also the shoreline opposite the highway. What about Elbow Lake between Salmon and Blanchard/Harpers? I'm assuming access is the drawback but I think the pike and perch fishing would be great. For perch Upsata might be a good bet but I think fish size might be limited there also.
Dont bother with Upsata it had a massive winter kill and everything died out. The F&G restocked it with bass from Lee Metcalf though and there is talk of them stocking crappies, keep your fingers crossed. And if they dont pray to the bucket biologists that be!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.