Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630374 times)

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20730 on: Sep 10, 2020, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

WS....90*  :o  it was that here w/o the wood stove  :woot:  looking forward to pics of Yogi back at the shack today  :flex:

H2L.....hope yesterday's report was a good one   ;)

IFF.....good to hear your nephew's home is safe so far  :thumbsup:  chili sounds good, great meal for a chilly day  ;D

MrC.....agree lots of leaves changing/dropping around, think it's more the dryness than the season :-\

Eddie....excellent news on being able to visit your Mom  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed all goes well between now and then  ;)

Yesterday's trip was a bust, fished for 7 hours,  never had a rod fire  :blink:  didn't see any nets out with any other boats either  ::)  from most reports it's been a tough season up there, I must say I agree  :blink:

Heading back to Erie later today, going to fish with a couple friends out there tomorrow on their boat  :clap:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20731 on: Sep 10, 2020, 06:06 AM »
Warm start to the day a whopping 50* instead of the low 40's Guessed to warmup a little over the week end.

Eddie It is great to here that you will be able to see your mother  face to face finally. It has been a long  haul for you.
I noticed a guy had a small area of stamped concrete put down when he redid the out side of his house. I did not go take a look at it yet. He said it had a wood look.

IF-45 The wiring in the bathroom has been done  for a long time. Fact is all it needs done yet is the trim which I am SLOWLY getting done.

WS Hopefully your SIL can get the right bear to commit. I am not holding much hope for filling my permit as we are not getting hits that often on my three baits. I just can not travel north to bait where there are more bear. I am leaving in a while to bait and cut some fire wood before my season opens no the 13th. I have to come home on the 14th for an appointment on the  15th then back over for the rest of the season. That is if my body will hold out that long.

Time to get breakfast and the van loaded. See ya all when I come home on the 14th.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20732 on: Sep 10, 2020, 06:11 AM »
TT.....good luck and stay safe  :flex: :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20733 on: Sep 10, 2020, 09:24 AM »
Having a good time in Maine

IW

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20734 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:04 AM »
   Are there any bourbot?

No but there are Burbot.   :roflmao:
I don't know how to get them in the summer though.
My neighbour is native and they net once or twice a year and they bring me all the burbot.
They don't eat them for some strange reason.

Brought me these earlier this summer.

They turned into this in short order.

Drifter easy to lose track of time when your not around other people everyday. Sorry you could not have your lake trout dinner. I'm sure it was fun to catch the lakers even if they had to be released.

I really like the hermit lifestyle.   ;D
I love fishing lakers at this time of year.
Have had my best days on the lake after the spawn in October when they put on the feedbag. :)

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20735 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Having a good time in Maine

IW
Glad to hear it !!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20736 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:06 AM »
Marv I hope the Chunky Monkey comes out to play today.  ;)

On Tuesday I picked up an insulation blower to do the ceiling insulation. Took me 2 1/2 hours to haul it's 22#'s up the 35% grade up to the cabin. Used my roofing lif cable to lift it up onto the deck and rolled it inside. Started blowing insulation and there was an issue with the machine popping it's breaker.  :%$#!:
Managed to get 1/4 of the ceiling done before it stopped working all together so I ended up taking it back down the hill, onto the boat and back into town.   ::)

Just as I was slowing down to make the turn off the highway had a catastrophic spring breakage on the boat trailer.   :woot:
Pulled onto the road to my place and pulled over to survey the issue.
Jacked up the trailer and placed one of my hitch draw bars in between the frame and axle and secured with ratchet straps to get me the mile or so to my place.

I returned the machine and they will let me know when it's repaired.
I told him I would not be hauling it back out until there is snow on the ground and I could sled it up the hill. ;)

Got back to the house and ordered all the parts needed to repair the trailer and if you think a broken spring on my trailer is going to stop me from going back to the cabin you don't know me very well.   ;D
Did a redneck repair to get me to the launch and back next week when the parts arrive.

Not pretty but it worked good. Good thing the roads between my place and the launch 15 miles away were all resurfaced this spring and are nice and smooth. 

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20737 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:40 AM »
 :roflmao: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20738 on: Sep 10, 2020, 01:00 PM »
Good Morning ER's Hope everyone is doing well. Rainy and cold here.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20739 on: Sep 10, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

The rain is gone and the sun is shining. We got the baits freshened up and grabbed the cards. Sure enough 1.5 hours after she got froze out yesterday a decent boar came to visit. It stayed about 20 minutes then ambled off. S-i-l was pretty ticked she had to quit yesterday. The way she was shivering  she couldn't have hit anything anyway.

An hour after getting her set on stand this morning two bigger cubs showed up for a half hour. About 2 hours later a sow and 2 cubs showed up. She said the cubs were much smaller than the 2 this morning.

The cameras tell us no specific routine or pattern. It's pretty much be on stand by 10am and hang until dark at 8pm.

S-i-l is having a  blast, hope a keeper hikes in. She has 5 books loaded on her phone so the time is passing by for her.

IW glad you are having a great time.

Eddie I am excited you get to visit Mom :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20740 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:05 PM »
Hi all, sounds like everyone is busy. That can be a real good thing. Last day off today. Then back to it. The wife and I had dentist appointments today. New dentist. She got a good cleaning and the a okay. I got the cleaning and told I have seven cavities. I just don't get it. Have taken really good care of my teeth. Twice a year cleanings, brush morning and nights. They want to pull my wisdom teeth. As they have cavities on chewing surface. The other cavities will get taken care of next Thursday. To top it all off. Went to get gas today. Blew a rear break line on my old ranger. To the tune of $ 356 to replace it and drivers side rear break hose. Waiting on the call to go pick it up. Just waiting for the other foot to fall. They say things come in threes. Lol! Drifter that Pout looked mighty fine. Good eats right there. Not looking forward to work tomorrow. As a pulled a groin muscle a couple of weeks ago and it's really giving me hell. Did it when I was younger and played semi pro soccer. Took nine months for a full recovery. Then played the next game after recovering and did it again. Only took three weeks that time. If it keeps bothering me may have to break down and see the doc. Which will be the third new doc in a little over a year due to old doc retired. Second doc transferred to different hospital insurance group. Oh well. Anyhow hope everyone has a great weekend coming up.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20741 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:43 PM »
Ka Boom!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20742 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:43 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Rainy and humid here. Finished the move yesterday and saw the old landlord. She is going to mail us our last months rent. Dropped my jeep off to have some front end parts installed since it requires aftermarket parts due to a lift on it. Shop said they can't install because it requires drilling and they don't have the bit and reamer size. They put it back together with old parts so i can have it back. my wife is happy the move is over. Now we have to unpack.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good your having a great time in Maine.

Drifter, That fish does look good. Nice fix on the boat trailer.

Whopper Stopper, Hope your S-i-l gets a shot at the chunky monkey.

Tom Turkey, Hopefully your able to get out hunting and your Drs appointment goes well.

Wallyworld, Hope you had a good day.

Ufccreel, Hope your day got better and you have a good night.

Mason Eddie, Thats good you'll be able to see your Mom.

I hope everyone had a good day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20743 on: Sep 10, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Ka Boom!

WS
One less bear in Wisconsin!! :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20744 on: Sep 10, 2020, 07:03 PM »
WooHoo !!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20745 on: Sep 10, 2020, 08:56 PM »
God evening had rain at times today and a little humid. Weather guessers say next few days will ne cooler with daily highs in the seventies and over night lows in the forties.
Eddie great news about being able to visit your mom.  :clap: :thumbsup: Praying for your sister and you that there are no positive Covid-19 tests between now and the seventeenth.
Wallyworld sorry the fishing trip was a bust. May tomorrow be a better day on the water for you and your friends.
Tomturkey may your son and you have a safe and good hunt.
Ice Wanderer good to read the two of you are having a good time in Maine.
Driftert may things take a turn for the better. Nice repair job on the boat trailer. If you are going to live a hermit life style might as well be in a beautiful location.
UfCreel best to you with the dental work and recovery from the groin pull.
Icefisher-45 happy you and the wife have finished moving items to the new home. Glad you received a refund on rent from your old land lady. did you see the post from Ryan Tawliq about the chair /recliner you purchased to help deal with your medical issues.
Whopper Stopper i assume Ka Boom means your SIL harvested a bear. Congratulations to her  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Glad things came together for her after yesterday's stint in the rain. Great job by you serving as her outfitter and guide.

Have a good and safe night.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20746 on: Sep 10, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Ka Boom!

WS

Pics or it didn't Happen!!!   
Was it senior Chunky Monkey?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20747 on: Sep 10, 2020, 09:17 PM »
Yeah, Enquiring minds want to know ? Arrows go KA BOOM ?

Creel , Ouch on the break lines.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20748 on: Sep 10, 2020, 09:36 PM »
good evening IFF ,hope you and your company had a good day. depending on how many clothes hangers you have in your home do not be to check to dispose of them It is not like when we were younger most places remove the clothing from the hanger when you make a purchase these days. I disposed of many hangers when i moved now wished i kept some of them. Check with thrift stores or charities to see if they would be interested in Janice's shoes. I believe Whopper Stopper's SIL was hunting with a .44 caliber riffle.

Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20749 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:12 PM »
Steve:  That would be a good choice for a rifle. Mine has been called "Overkill"  Although I did witness my Uncle kill a bear with a well placed one shot from a .22 cal rifle.  Was I nervous.. :blink:You can bet on that. :woot:  Played Marv today took down 3 30' dead Aspens at the Kids house.  No luck in finding where I can get my eye glasses replaced in short order.  Even the One Hour Optical is saying no appointments till next week.  Not any better on getting in to have oil changed in the Sonic.  May as well do it myself.  Certainly have all the tools to do that with.

Got the new starter for the V Twin 21 HP. Briggs and Stratton riding mower engine.  But find the bracket is correct but the gear is the wrong one, so had to hold my mouth just right, and switched to the old one, with the correct teeth.  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:

See the Kansas City Chiefs are still on a roll  :thumbsup:

think she is still cheering them on.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20750 on: Sep 11, 2020, 01:08 AM »
Morning ER's! Up early and figured I'd post a couple of jokes while I was at it!! Let's not forget that today marks the  19th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on our country. NEVER FORGET!!! 9-11-01 !!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20751 on: Sep 11, 2020, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning Mike, Morning Everyone,
  60 here this am, high of 65 here today.   :clap:

OS...Thank You for the 9-11 reminder...will Never Forget!  :bow:   
  Marv...you got us all wondering, lol!!! Will be checking back in at coffee break....Ka Boom sounds promising!   :clap:
  Bud... hope the gear modification works well on the starter..keep us posted!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve...Thank You, so looking forward to the visit next week!  Enjoy the cooler weather... :thumbsup:
  I-45...that stinks they couldn’t get your Jeep fixed, hope you can find another shop nearby to get the parts installed...how’s Mr. Dickens doing? 
  UFC...glad to see you posting, hope the brake job went well without any other problems.   :thumbsup: 
  OG...we got some rain yesterday, looks like the cooler temps roll in here tonight....should improve the fishing!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...fine looking plate of burbut....think my spell checker was made in China!   :roflmao:   Nice job making the fix on the trailer...it sure pays off knowing how to think out of the box...tipping my hat to ya!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally...best of luck with the fishing, hope the bite is on!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...best of luck to you and your son, will be looking forward to your next reply!   :thumbsup:

Like OS mentioned, today is the 19th Anniversary of the 9-11 attacks on this great country....something I’m sure we’ll Never Forget!  God Bless America....
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20752 on: Sep 11, 2020, 04:44 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone!

37 degrees in the cranberry bog this morning, promises to be a good day.

I will try to get through this using the phone, but it will be a slow go. The signal comes and goes but right now it seems well.

Yesterday I brought the s-I-L out to our second bait. She is deathly afraid of heights and this stand still being a ladder stand has all sections so it's a full 20 feet. She went up into it like a trooper.

Around noon another sow with 3 cubs showed up and tore into the freshened up offering. They stayed about 15 minutes then left.

About 45 minutes later a smaller single bear came  out. She said it seemed relaxed but didn't immediately hit the bait pile and made a half circle almost to her stand.

She said at this point it looked up at her and made some popping noises with its mouth. She said she was a little shook as they had a stare down. Just when she thought she was winning the bear came to the bottom of the ladder and using the rungs started pulling itself up. She said the stand just shook :roflmao:

Not much she could do at this range so she told "get out of here". She said the bear turned and ran back toward the bait pile then stopped for one more look. She said it stopped by one of our 42" logs (legal bear size) when she noticed it was a legal bear. At this point she was pretty worked up and said to herself, " enough of this crap" and she sent a 240 grain .44 just behind the right front shoulder.

She said the bear jumped biting at the hit then turned heading toward the swamp. About 40 yards from the bait it piled up, and she had all she could do climbing down the stand with rubbery legs and coming back to the shack.To say she was ecstatic would be an understatement lol.

I was able to drive within 20 feet of it so all my earlier concerns were for nothing. We dressed it out then brought it to the taxidermist. The bear weigh in at 137 pounds so not the Chunky Monkey by any means, but being we have never ate any bear it should make for a good test.

We brought it to a local shop to have them hang it in their freezer and they will process it.

On the way back we stopped at a local sports shop and she purchased a bear preference point. It took her 7 years to get one but she is already talking about our next hunt.

Out of respect for her, I asked if I could post a picture of her with it and she said no. Some people like their pictures on social media and some don't. I can live with that.

Thanks for all the best wishes and comments as we under took bear hunt 2020. It was a heck of a ride.

I will stay at the shack for a day or so. I need to move my stand to its regular deer location and do some brush clearing.

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay healthy.

WS

As others have said 9-11, never forget.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20753 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:11 AM »
Morning all,
Heading out soon to meet up with our friends for a day on some bumpy water 2-4’ waves predicted!!

WS.... great story!!! Glad the hunt was a success.....congrats to you both!!!

9/11/01 never forget  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20754 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:35 AM »
Good Morning ER's  nice job on the bear. Congrats to WS SIL. Assist to WS. WW good luck today fishing. IW your Maine trip is great. UFC good to see you posting. Maybe some of those teeth are still worth saving. Hope the groin issue doesn't linger.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20755 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, My wife is working today but has the weekend off. We’ll get some unpacking done.

WallyWorld, Good luck on the water today.

Whopper Stopper, Your s-I-l must be over the moon. Glad the hunt was a success.

MasonEddie, Mr Dickens is enjoying the new place. I’m able to take him out more and we have been able to sit out on the deck. Waiting to hear from one shop in Vermont about getting my Jeep fixed.

IFF, How are you? How is your leg? That’s good you got the mower fixed.

Old Sailor, Will never forget what happened 19 yrs ago. Had friends in EMS and fire die that day.

Mr Clean, I didn’t see the post by Ryan Tawliq. I tried to find it without any luck.

Mason Eddie, Are you going to be working near any of the Memorial services for 9/11 today?

I hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the water. Remember 9/11 and the lives that were lost on the attack of our country.

Take a kid ice fishing

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20756 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:45 AM »
Much obliged for your important post. would you be able to please let me know, What is the best chair for a tall individual?
Here you go IF45

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20757 on: Sep 11, 2020, 06:46 AM »
Good morning  ER's,
       Marv........A quick congrats to Jen.

IW

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20758 on: Sep 11, 2020, 06:48 AM »
Good morning  ER's,
       Marv........A quick congrats to Jen.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20759 on: Sep 11, 2020, 07:11 AM »
53* heading for mid 60's.
WS, congrats to the s-i-l. She did well and you are a pretty good story teller.
WW, the fish just don't want to hit this year. Still hoping for 1 more trip.

Seems like I spent the last two days in the car, I DID. Went down to NYC on Wed. for the appt. with a heart Dr.. They think she may have some blockage and want to go in and scope it out. So they thought they "might" be able to do it on Thursday. On Thursday we had to be in Tarrytown at 8:30, so we planned on going into NYC to get it done. Well they couldn't fit her in on Thursday so we came home. On the way home they called and said "maybe " on Friday, so at that point it looked like it would be 3 days in a row down to the city.  2 or 3 cell calls later it was set up for today. By the time we got home it was moved to sometime next week.

Read the two days of post from everyone.

Eddie, great that you will be seeing your Mom.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.