The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Clam adapter plate  (Read 1864 times)

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
Clam adapter plate
« on: Dec 28, 2017, 12:47 PM »
I have been thinking of buying one . I am confused as to an adapter. Do I need to buy an adapter or do they come with it . I will be running a 5 inch lazer auger.  U tube video shows an adapter replacing the chuck  which I'm alright with.  Do i need to purchase this adapter separately. Do the new plates still have problems losing the auger?
Where is the ice !!!!

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam adapter plate
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Just buy the clam plate. Your drill will attach to it and add an auger. You will be good to go. It works great.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2017, 02:16 PM »
No adapter needed...you may want to purchase a Clam Plate Auger Extension...saves your back.

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Clam-Ice-Auger-Extension
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Looked for the extension out of stock.
Where is the ice !!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2017, 02:31 PM »
Looked for the extension out of stock.

Try BPS....Cabelas...did you buy the plate yet?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Ordered the plate and extension. Free shipping over 50 bucks at bps. Should be here Tuesday.  Thanks for the info.
Where is the ice !!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Ordered the plate and extension. Free shipping over 50 bucks at bps. Should be here Tuesday.  Thanks for the info.

I used the old style plate requiring chuck removal ...w/ a SM 6" Lazer ...Dewalt 995 ...great set up for my needs ..this year got a newer version plate and 8" Kdrill...what drill are you using ?

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2017, 05:26 PM »
18volt Milwaukee.
Where is the ice !!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2017, 05:29 PM »
18volt Milwaukee.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good luck with your set up

Offline fgrii

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2017, 06:02 PM »
I have been using clam plate and clam 6" auger for four or five years now.  No complaints here.  I use a Ryobi 4.0ah 18v Li ion one + battery and can drill 20 +/-holes in 15" ice.  That provides me a full day of run n gun.....only thing I had to do was readjust the trigger mechanism.  It was tight and when cold temps his it was that useless, left it a little sloppy and all is good.
Who made the "expert" the expert....

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2017, 02:18 AM »
Carefull with rigid if you don't purchase your self..  they cancel/denie  you on your life time service agreement.
   so now the gift my sister bought me is going back..  so I can rebuy the drill..  go figure  but rigid is a great drIll so keep it in mind if wondering about drills.. still thinking I might go milwaukee after this screw up and denial by rigid..

Offline ny_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mike
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Ok got my new set up and went together  great . Extension  worth the money except it shipped from clam arrived  after 2 weeks. 5 inch lazer auger.  Drilled  20 holes with 5 amp battery on Milwaukee  18 volt drill.  10 inches of oce.Came home let things warm  up battery still showing full charge?.

Put my buddies 6 inch bps  auger on and  after 4 holes bolt on blade broke.. cheap ass Chinese screws.

One problem I did have .. picked up a nice pike on pan fish rod 3 lbs line had him to hole twice couldn't get him up the hole in 10 inches of ice. Guess I need a bigger auger was thinking  6 or7 inch lazer.
Where is the ice !!!!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Mine came with the adapter

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Ok got my new set up and went together  great . Extension  worth the money except it shipped from clam arrived  after 2 weeks. 5 inch lazer auger.  Drilled  20 holes with 5 amp battery on Milwaukee  18 volt drill.  10 inches of oce.Came home let things warm  up battery still showing full charge?.

Put my buddies 6 inch bps  auger on and  after 4 holes bolt on blade broke.. cheap ass Chinese screws.

One problem I did have .. picked up a nice pike on pan fish rod 3 lbs line had him to hole twice couldn't get him up the hole in 10 inches of ice. Guess I need a bigger auger was thinking  6 or7 inch lazer.

Go figure....Back a few years ago I had an 8in HT ice auger.....had the cheap/bad Chinese blades....I sold it for $20 figuring new blades would cost $20. Bought an Eskimo for $40 and it had Chinese blades, but they stayed fairly sharp....when/if he gets new blades just by the mora blades. While the mora blades cost 2x more they are well worth it. The keep an edge for a long time and are tuff. IMO Mora blades are worth having resharpened, the cheap blades are pretty must disposable.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:15 PM »

For a larger hole with a 5” auger, just drill 2 connecting holes side by side or 3 connecting holes in a triangle pattern and save yourself $100. That’s a lot of cash for some real nice tungsten jigs :).
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.