Author Topic: You can, teach an old dog new tricks  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You can, teach an old dog new tricks
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:49 AM »
The BIP Gang fished the night bite with Perch Boy. We hit the lake at 4:30 in anticipation of a tough jig bite, due to the frontal conditions that have been moving through. The Crappie were very light biters tonight. We fished until 11:30 pm. Both tip ups and more so, jigging produced a modest creel :)

It was a "gas" fishing with Perch Boy and a pleasure to enjoy his company in the bobhouse. We look forward to fishing with you again very soon. Thanks for a great evening on the ice. ;D

A few pictures from the nights BIP Adventure: OH Perch Boy, you will find your way into a video ;)

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: You can, teach an old dog new tricks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:13 AM »
Well You could have left the Old dog part out, I am very sensitive as you probably could tell and very shy. But seriously I had a great time and enjoyed the evening immensely.  It was a fun time. It was great to see the boys as it brought me back to my childhood with my brothers fun stuff, (Oh to be that age again and be full of Pee and vinegar).  I thank you Sir for your hospitality and look forward to joining you another time. (perhaps I will take a BEANO before I come next time).
Thanks again.

Offline spoonin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:25 AM »
Dispy,
whats your thoughts on ice conditions this week!?  What do you have now at the shack?  Is it gonna hold up through this weekends weather?
thanks

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:38 AM »
Reports are on the Lake Report page for NH ;) There are no signs of weakening ice, it is making ice everyday. Our tip ups were freezing in at 4:45 pm. Loud rumblings could be heard from the main lake over a half of a mile away. I monitor the ice conditions daily, as I live here and fish 7 days a week. Where I am situated is approx 7-9", and the shanty has not dropped nor is any water coming thru the holes. Yesterday morning I chipped out the bobhouse jig holes around 10am and when I returned at 4:30, there was a solid 1" of ice formed over them.

Too much hype on this warm spell. I am all for life safety and preparations but this slight warm up is nothing new, it happens every year. And if you think about it, the heater in the sky is only affecting the ice for approx 2-4 hours per day.

10 degrees out last night at 1 am and 23.5 as I type. Mid morning bite will soon be upon us ;)

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:42 AM »
Nice bunch of crappie, and a very warm looking bob house as well... :thumbsup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Nice bunch of crappie, and a very warm looking bob house as well... :thumbsup:
It keeps you toasty for sure. But trying it first hand gives a better review than words ;)

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:05 AM »
Speaking of bob houses are those wall studs curved or is that some more camera magic by those two young wizards of yours?

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:07 AM »
Speaking of bob houses are those wall studs curved or is that some more camera magic by those two young wizards of yours?
Standard nominal lumber, straight and true :) Although I have built a few large Capes with rounded roof rafters ;)

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Dispy,
whats your thoughts on ice conditions this week!?  What do you have now at the shack?  Is it gonna hold up through this weekends weather?
thanks
spoonin, I  would enjoy the company if you can be here in lets say 30 minutes??? Since you live so close :)

Offline spoonin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:14 AM »
I see you live on BIP too. Where abouts? and Welcome to the Shanty.....if you are looking for bait, we just got approved by NH F&G ;D

Directly across from you!  I finally took your advise and registered.  Great Forum! lots of awesome information. 

I hope to get our ..... in gear this weekend.  we have to rebuild the roof of the shack.  the warmer weather is acting as a major deterrent for my fellow fishermen buddies.  all of my gear is stored with their stuff so I've been grounded. shame on me! its time i started fending for myself and not rely on them so much. 

Offline spoonin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:19 AM »
spoonin, I  would enjoy the company if you can be here in lets say 30 minutes??? Since you live so close :)

i'm stuck at work.  one of these days though for sure.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Wow, look at all those crappie! Dispy, you get my PM?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:02 AM »
Wow, look at all those crappie! Dispy, you get my PM?
I did Good Doctor, Sunday sounds good or any other day, your call and I will tailor my schedule to yours :)

@Spoonin...lol where the heck you get that name from???? Big D right?......Yeah the misses looked at me funny Saturday and said "it was going to be warm this coming week,"   I knew right then that your group would not be out on Sunday ;) And yes lots of great fellas (and gals) here and across the whole site. A wealth of information.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:05 AM »
Nice pics Dispy! Thanks for sharing the adventure......sorry to hear about the lack of Beano.

Way to go Perch Boy! Looks like you guys had a good time.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:18 AM »
Spoonin and his BIP fishing crew: Quite the spread they put on over there at his fish lodge

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:26 AM »
And what a lodge it is! Wow! Looks awesome.

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:35 AM »
great pics - nice job PB and BIP crew!

Offline spoonin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:26 AM »
Spoonin and his BIP fishing crew: Quite the spread they put on over there at his fish lodge
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for posting the pic Dispy!  Hopefully we can get the camp fixed up and out there in a hurry! Im itchin to go!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:49 AM »
What no farmers Porch?...lol
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:43 PM »

The  Boys and Girls from last night are ready for thier milk bath. YUMMMMMMMY  CHOWDA!!
Thanks again Dipsy for the great time.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:44 PM »
Any time, I and the boys had "loads" of fun. Seriously, anytime you want to get out here, let me know. ;D

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:49 PM »
Those fillets look good! I gotta try for some crappie this year.
Newfound (Circus)

Offline ice warrior

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2013, 06:14 PM »
real nice shanty @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.