Author Topic: 4 fishing palisades  (Read 971 times)

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
4 fishing palisades
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:39 PM »
I have to drive to jackson to see the doc. every week and today i saw 4 guy's fishing big elk on the lake side about 40 yards out. these are the first I've seen on the lake so maybe it time or at least close to time to fish it no report except there were guy's on the lake.I hope to have more time Monday while I'm up there to check the ice out I'll let you know.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
Re: 4 fishing palisades
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Maybe its the same group of guys I saw on the ice about 20 yards from open water last week while on my way to Star Valley. Crazy!!! :o

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:26 AM »
This is a post from another forum I belong too. I hope this information is helpfull Curt G.                                 "Made it up to the big lake for a few hours this afternoon. Fished at Big Elk on the main lake. Ice was five inches and clear. Good hard stuff. Edge was crappy but was able to get on without the plank. Fished for four hours and ended up with seven fish and missed a bunch more. All browns and one cutt. All fish were over 18" with the biggest brown going 22". Not bad for the dead part of the day. I usually fish it early and the bite is much better. White tubes with a mealie worked pretty good. They wouldn't touch my dead sticks that had crawlers on them. Not sure on the ice conditions anywhere else on the lake but it all looked good from the highway. If you head up be careful driving in Swan Valley as there is a ton of deer migrating across the road. "
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2011, 01:48 PM »
This is a post from another forum I belong too. I hope this information is helpfull Curt G.                                 "Made it up to the big lake for a few hours this afternoon. Fished at Big Elk on the main lake. Ice was five inches and clear. Good hard stuff. Edge was crappy but was able to get on without the plank. Fished for four hours and ended up with seven fish and missed a bunch more. All browns and one cutt. All fish were over 18" with the biggest brown going 22". Not bad for the dead part of the day. I usually fish it early and the bite is much better. White tubes with a mealie worked pretty good. They wouldn't touch my dead sticks that had crawlers on them. Not sure on the ice conditions anywhere else on the lake but it all looked good from the highway. If you head up be careful driving in Swan Valley as there is a ton of deer migrating across the road. "

hay curt was that you fishing tuesday afternoon at elk creek in the red suit just as the 3 in the white car was leaving? we will have to drill some holes togather one of these days.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 10:26 PM »
I have never ice fished Palisades . The information I posted is from another forum . I just thought it might be helpfull for some on here . Hardtop I think it would be great to get together . I am going to Ririe on Friday . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.