The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: wheres everbody headin this weekend  (Read 2438 times)

Offline muley69

• IceShanty Rookie
wheres everbody headin this weekend
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:14 PM »
A buddy and I have settled on Lake Mary-Ronan.  headin up there saturday afternoon, and will fish thru the night, will report what I discover upon return.  Got the Coleman packed, a couple of cigars, Cap't Morgans, and cold Coors.  Who says beer isn't good on ice? :laugh:  Where are you guys headin?

Offline PerchFan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: wheres everbody headin this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Im hitting the causeways Sunday. might fish the 9-4. Bring the stove and have some dogs for lunch.

Offline gregv17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Georgetown Sunday and Monday. Used to live up there and try to make at least one trip a year there. Hoping for some nice trout but might try to pound the little salmon to smoke and put in the canner.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:41 AM »
Tought about hitting Hauser and setting up my hard side for the season but looking at the ice conditions and my calendar, I am not sure if it would really be worth the work for the few times I would get to use it. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline walleymcjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Headed to lake elwell sat. :tipup:

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Gonna try Frances again.  Taking a teenage friend from Fairfield for his first time on ice.  Should be fun, if we don't get blown off.
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Georgetown Sunday and Monday. Used to live up there and try to make at least one trip a year there. Hoping for some nice trout but might try to pound the little salmon to smoke and put in the canner.

Maybe see ya there? Will be at pumphouse most likely, bite has been good there. Will be in an older TRAP II clam, out about 75-100 yards if front of pumphouse in line with the pipe. Saturday for sure and Sunday maybe? Good luck!

Offline MTpike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into BACON GREASE!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I'm heading to Pishkun tomorrow for some pike action :tipup:. My main goal is to spear one though. I got a spear and decoy for christmas, but have yet to successfully spear and Land a pike.

Offline gregv17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Maybe see ya there? Will be at pumphouse most likely, bite has been good there. Will be in an older TRAP II clam, out about 75-100 yards if front of pumphouse in line with the pipe. Saturday for sure and Sunday maybe? Good luck!

I will try to run by and see if any match your description. I will be pulling a Quickflip II with my old beater snowcat. Probably going to be staying at the 7 Gables. Would have liked to come up on Saturday also but have some things to take care of up here so Sunday it is. Good fishing to you.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Cayon F.  Taking the wife for the first time this season. Her first time in 15 years! Hope the wind doesn't pick up, and we actually catch something.  

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline muley69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2008, 07:23 PM »
We changed our plan, guy at the auto shop recommended G.Town.  He drew us up a little map, and we will be heading out tomorrow at noon.  We will be in a Frabil.  Stop in for some chili and a beer if you see us.  i don't really know the lake, I'm just following the map. :)

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:41 PM »
We changed our plan, guy at the auto shop recommended G.Town.  He drew us up a little map, and we will be heading out tomorrow at noon.  We will be in a Frabil.  Stop in for some chili and a beer if you see us.  i don't really know the lake, I'm just following the map. :)

If you want, the pump house is right on the highway, pull off there and drop off stuff then drive to parking area a couple hundred yards down the road. Walk back and then out on the lake. Pump house is on the east end of the lake. Where is the map taking you?

Offline muley69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:51 PM »
If you want, the pump house is right on the highway, pull off there and drop off stuff then drive to parking area a couple hundred yards down the road. Walk back and then out on the lake. Pump house is on the east end of the lake. Where is the map taking you?
From what i can tell, it takes us to a point off hwy 1.  Looks to be the extreme northern portion of the lake.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2008, 12:59 PM »
Muley
 If you come from P-Burg, pump house is on Anaconda end of lake but right along highway. It will be 1/2-3/4 mile past the turn to Ski area.

Bite was a little slower this am but did get 7 bows. A friend got a 3# bow, really nice fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.