Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1638741 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8850 on: May 26, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Congratulations Tom :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8851 on: May 26, 2017, 10:48 PM »
WTG Tom  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Yeah the calls are still coming.  Now we have to gear up for a total store inventory.  Spent most of the day unpacking rod and reel combos, like 525 of the same make and model  ::) :wacko: :wacko: :blink:  Sounds like Camping World is trying to cut a deal on vacant grounds that adjoin the store  :unsure: :unsure:

Had some thunder storms roll through, dumped some soft hail on us, will have to check the tomato plants and see how they fair'd

late start tomorrow have to keep the hours at 4.75 or I will be over the allowed 40.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8852 on: May 27, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to the weekend!!   Partly cloudy skies and 51* this am, high of 68 expected...and no rain in the forecast! 
  Tom...CONGRATULATIONS on your hunt!! Way to stick it out and get the job done, awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...wow, that's a lot of combos! Are they all Gander Mountain edition? Hope the hail didn't put the whammy on any of your plants.
  Wally...I'll 2nd your reply about all our servicemen/women past and present....Thank You!!   :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:
  Steve...thanks for the update on the games, are you going to watch the championship rounds?  Still have all my digits... ;D
  H2....would imagine the Sacandaga and most other lakes will be a bit crazy this weekend with boat traffic and jet ski's. Glad to read the boat is to your liking, shouldn't be much longer before the warm up begins and the bite turns on...enjoy the barbecue!
  Jeff...thank you for the fine comment, not sure if it was that or the seniority over the newbies....either way, appreciate it, Thanks, got the day in!!  Is that new wood shed going to get started this weekend?
  Marv...how did you make out pulling those stumps yesterday? Hope the boat fix is an easy one and you can get out wetting a line soon!   :thumbsup:

The rains let up somewhat around late morning yesterday and we did get a chance to get out of the shop and put some time in our outside comcrete project...that was a nice change of pace from hearing the whining of a diamond blade eat its way through marble for several hours...lol. Stock piled a few pallets of cuts, so we're way ahead on those now once we get back to laying marble again.
  Going to take the boat out this evening for the first night trip for trout and see how that works. Figured not too many will be out then, and the lake will get a chance to calm down from the beating it will take all day.
  Have some chicken marinating as well as one last venison roast...a little barbecuing for the Mrs. and I after lawn mowing today and something to snack on for my son and I this evening just in case we have a brew or two waiting for the poles to bend... ;D
  Cawfee's on gang...
Wishing everyone a very safe Memorial Day Weekend...don't forget to Thank a Vet for their service and protecting our freedoms and this great country!    :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8853 on: May 27, 2017, 04:33 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck fishing tonight Eddie  :thumbsup: Hope you can find a nice quiet spot to pitch a line. Blow the froth off a couple for me Sir! The boat work is enjoyable and is going fine. I look forward to getting it out hopefully next Thursday, if I don't have a side job.

IW the girls take a week off every year and head over to Wisconsin to chase bass and pike. This year they are going to base out of the shack and fish a different lake everyday during the week. I believe it's in 2 weeks when the go, so they are getting excited.

WW good going on the calisthenics :thumbsup: You will start to enjoy the twisted back and sore muscles as you go on ;)2 In all honesty, don't push it too hard, slow and easy will make a dang nice wood pile.

This morning I am heading up to the shack to make sure everything is in order for the girls vacation. I am bringing the big generator and want to fire up the well and make sure that the on demand hotwater heater works. I also am taking the 4 wheeler so I can drag the trails a few times to keep the grass down and the push mower so I can mow the yard. I have to be back late after noon to look at 2 different side jobs so it will be a full day. I hope I can bet the traffic this morning.

I Hope everyone enjoys the Big weekend :thumbsup: As WW and Eddie have said Thank a Vet! Because of them, we are here :bow:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8854 on: May 27, 2017, 04:47 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 49* and looks like clear skies here on my hill, I've read a high of 69* on one site and 71* on another!
                          Eddie.......I'm sure it's a little of both, seniority and being a good worker! :flex: Good luck out on the lake! :thumbsup:
                 To your question, I won't be starting the wood shed over the weekend. My wife and I are hosting a BBQ this afternoon
                 with the fulltime neighbors and the two part time neighbors plus my three oldest sons and their families, there will
                 be about 26 of us here. :woot:
                          Tom......Congratulatio ns on the score! :clap: Any pictures! ???
                          Bud.......God forbid you go over 40 hrs.
                          Marv......I hope the stump removal went well, you should take the rest of the weekend off and down a few! :whistle:
                          WW.......I'll 3rd your reply, Memorial Day is for remembrance of all of fallen servicemen and women that
                 sacrificed themselves for the safety and freedom that we have today! God bless them all. :bow:
                          h2l........I'm glad the new boat is everything that you expected it to be! :flex:
                          Steve.....Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned!
                          I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out on the water fishing and be safe!
                          I see Marv posted while I was typing, Good morning Sir!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8855 on: May 27, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Good morning early risers. 57 outside currently with overcast skies today is supposed to be the nicer of weekend days .
Mr.Turkey congratulations on a successful hunt enjoy the turkey dinner whenever you have it.
Wallyworld good to read your garden plants survived the rain storms. I hope Mr.WW and you are not to sore from the fire wood work.
IFF I hope the rod and reel combo is a popular unit for your area that is a lot of one model to receive in one shipment. Also may your garden have survived the hail. Looks like you maybe working a full time schedule for a few weeks between the inventory and stock liquidation.
Eddie glad you still have all your fingers and now have a stock pile of marble pieces . Today the college semifinal games are played and on Memorial Day will be the championship game .Hopefully my work schedule will allow me to watch the championship. On the high school scene the first games of the state playoffs begin on Wednesday I might get to one game. After these first round of games all the other games are to far of a travel distance for me to attend will have to check TV programing schedules in past years Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum) has broadcast some of the playoff games and all of the championship games. May you catch some fish and enjoy the chicken and venison.
Whopper Stopper have a safe trip to your shack sounds like you have many tasks to complete before the girls vacation trip.
Ice Wanderer may the weather hold for your barbecue sounds like a great time with friends and family.
No special plans for me working both weekend days and most likely on Memorial Day when you work in retail can not expect to get off every holiday. Ditto Wallyworlds words about remembering our service personal present,past and deceased.

A great Holiday weekend to all safe travels . Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8856 on: May 27, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Good morning and happy memorial weekend!!! Really nothing to talk about. The rain this past week cancelled all our little league games and practices, not sure if we will have to make these games up or not. We are supposed to march in a parade on monday hope the rain holds off for that but unfortunately I think we mite get wet. Work is going well our big commercial account just fired there other landscaper and gave us a few more development's. I guess a bunch of the residents at our current accounts can't say enough about how great our work is.....good to hear!! Well gotta get going have to take advantage of these 2 nice days we have. Hope everyone has a great and a safe weekend. A big thanks to all the service men and women for everything they do and have done for our freedom!  Happy memorial weekend!!!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8857 on: May 27, 2017, 06:51 AM »
Morning all,

TT......congrats on the bird  :thumbsup: :bow: :flex: :clap: way to stick with it
MW.....congrats to you also on the new properties  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: word of mouth is the best advertising there is  ;) hope you can get the parade in before/after the rain  @)
WS.....sounds like a full day for you, hope you get everything on your list accomplished  :)  I think you have the Thursday order backwards, side job if you can't fish sounds better  :woot: ;)2
IW......enjoy that bbq  :)  hope the sun shines for the event  @)
Eddie.....good luck on the water, hope you land a trophy  :flex:
MrC.....working law enforcement was the same thing... holidays, weekends, afternoons, nights....didn't matter, you went to work whenever you were scheduled  :-\  just the nature of the beast  ;D

Hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable, storm free weekend. Enjoy the time spent with family & friends  :thumbsup:  Have a moment of silence to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for us  :angel  Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8858 on: May 27, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  looks like the rain has stoped for a couple of days. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today. :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8859 on: May 27, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Haven't made the walk out for close inspection of the garden yet this morning.  :unsure:

My guess is 40 hours from now through August  ::)  There goes most of the fishing this summer  :unsure:

The combos I mentioned are pflueger presidents Steve.  For the price point on the reels, they are the ones we usually sell completely out of before any other brand. Its a 10 bearing reel. 

Good luck on the bass and water wolfs Marv  ;D

Hope everyone has a great weekend, with what ever your activities amount too.  and as MM says "Have a moment of silence to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for us"

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8860 on: May 27, 2017, 09:02 AM »
The view out my front window at 6 AM this morning  ;D

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8861 on: May 28, 2017, 05:46 AM »
Morning all,

Not much going on here today.....probably just work on cutting wood again while the sun is shining. Rain moves back into the area tonight then forecast for the foreseeable future calls for rain every day except next Saturday  :%$#!: No one should have to worry about their wells going dry this year  ;D

Have a great day at work or play. Good luck to those hitting the water. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8862 on: May 28, 2017, 06:02 AM »

Good morning WW, ER's,
                            It's 51* and clear here on my hill, it's suppose to be a nice day!
                            WW.........Nice picture of the gobblers! :thumbsup:
                            Eddie......How was the cookout and how many fish did you and your son catch? ???
                            Marv......Did you get things ready for the girls at "The Shack"? ???
                            Well the BBQ was a success as usual, the sun didn't stay for the event but it didn't rain either, there
                   were about 26 of us including 5 of my grandkids. I'll share a few pictures!
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out enjoying what ever you do!

A couple of the grandkids playing

Burgers and Hot Dogs

My youngest granddaughter chilling out

Everyone telling a story or two!

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8863 on: May 28, 2017, 06:54 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Just popping in to wish everyone an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend at whatever you have planned. Just remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we could enjoy it, and take a moment to say thanks!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8864 on: May 28, 2017, 07:18 AM »
IW....that little one sure is a cuties  ;) looks like everyone had a good time  :)  I can almost smell the burgers & dogs grilling  ;D  Thanks for sharing!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8865 on: May 28, 2017, 08:07 AM »
ww Maybe those hens are of a different persuasion and do not like the Toms. LOL

What a great party for the grand daughter last night. A lot of her college friends showed up. The wife heard a couple of them say "This is real food." when they hit the food table. I had always heard about one of the granddaughters neighbors being one of here professors. I thought she was an old maid with her doctorate. Was I wrong, she was a real nice young gal.

With them living just out side of Grand Rapids which calls it self  "Beer City USA". I never saw any real beer. All weird named craft beer.

Next week it is graduation and party for the Aspergers grandson. His party is going to be different as far as food goes. The main things will be his favorite foods which amounts to Peperoni pizza and hot dogs. We saw one of his early teachers yesterday here at the lake. She is excited to be coming to his party as she has not seen him in a few years so is looking forward to seeing how far he has come since being diagnosed with Aspersers.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8866 on: May 28, 2017, 08:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

This being my third try I am all typed out.

Hope you all have a fantastic day and rest of the weekend.

I will try again another time.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8867 on: May 28, 2017, 08:25 AM »
Good Morning Weekenders  ;D  Local paper had an article, by Colorado Parks and Wildlife division, that they were paying for people to fish.  $20 bounty on each Northern they could catch at Green Mountain Reservoir.  And sure enough, lady comes up to me wanting to know where the heavy duty rods and baits to catch the Northern's with  :woot: :roflmao: Sounds like its going to be a real zoo there this weekend.  What a waist.  :cookoo: :%$#!:

Yesterday I thought the Mrs was snoring....but no she was growling....So I had to leave for work early and get a hair cut  ::)  Mrs is hosting one of her best friends from high school and College that is in town visiting her Son that lives here in Colorado.

Well off to start another week, Should be a busy one at the store, X2 on Old Sailors post.

See Marv must have gremlins visiting his computer.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8868 on: May 28, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow: Let's try one more time.

X2 on OldSailor! A very special weekend  :bow:

Excellent looking food and gathering IW! A beautiful family! :clap: I told the wife to come and see how clean your grill is. I dang near got clobbered ???

WW how many cord of wood do you think you have to make up? Hope you and Mr. WW enjoy tomorrow, don't over do it today!

Eddie, I trust you are out in the boat fighting a trout. Hope you come home with a full sack and plenty for a fish fry! :thumbsup:

Good luck with your day Bud! The nuts will be out I am sure :%$#!:

Yesterday’s activities at the shack took most of the day. There is far more water out there than I was expecting. I couldn’t make it to the drag, so I wasn’t able to drag the trails. The bugs were actually very tolerable I was surprised.

I went to start the push mower and the starter rope jammed up. Luckily I had thrown my tool box in so I was able to fix it after an hour of fiddling with it. Eventually I was able to mow the 14” grass and did it with two tanks of gas. The mower is 25 years old, I couldn't blame it for not wanting the workout.

I ran the well for a couple of hours and had to tinker with the on demand water heater for a while, but now it works like new. The faucets and shower are all set so I think the girls showed find things in order once they make the place home in 2 weeks.

One bit of excitement for me was I took a walk out to my deer stand. As I was crossing the beaver damn I heard some familiar popping and woofing as I booted a sow up. I am guessing she must have had cubs somewhere as she was pretty upset. None the less she calmed down as I backed off and gave her some room.

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend! Stay safe whether on the roads or lakes.

WS  ( I Made it)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8869 on: May 28, 2017, 02:45 PM »
Good afternoon everyone hope you all have had a good day.
Wallyworld nice photo every once in a while I will have turkeys in my yard. I guess some folks have to work holidays and odd hours so our world can function.
IFF did not know some fishing reels were up to 10 ball bearings agree the Pflueger Presidents are a popular reel and should sell quickly at a reduced price. I guessing Colorodo fish and game feels Green Mountain Reservoir has to high a population of northern pike if they are willing to pay people for catching them.
Ice Wanderer glad the weather cooperated looks like everyone who attended had a good time. Ditto Wallyworld's comment about your youngest grand daughter.
Mr.Turkey your wife must feel good hearing all the compliments on her cooking.  All the best to your grand children as they enter a new phase of their lives.
Whopper Stopper hope the gremlins have left your computer . The girls may want to pick up some bear spray before their vacation trip.

Have a pleasant evening folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8870 on: May 28, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Steve its more like they don't want any Northern's in with the Trout. 

All I can say at the end of the day today is  ::) ::) ::) ::) Please lord....Don't let them buy a boat. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8871 on: May 28, 2017, 08:34 PM »

WS

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8872 on: May 28, 2017, 08:56 PM »
Evening all.  I don't normally check in in the evening, but I am thankful tonight that my home is on high ground.  All of nw Pa is under a flood warning.  The rain has been just incredible for the last six hours straight with no end in sight.  Steady hard, pouring rain with just enough lightening and thunder to keep it interesting.  I honestly can't remember it raining this hard for this long ever before.  I fear there's going to be an awful lot of flooded homes and businesses, not to mention all of the gardens that were freshly planted yesterday and today. :'(
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8873 on: May 28, 2017, 09:24 PM »
Yeah Ninja, looks like Ohio and Penn, is getting a bunch of liquid.  If my house was to flood, there wouldn't be much left of Denver.
Bud

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8874 on: May 28, 2017, 09:32 PM »
It's the start of our planting season here.  Farm losses could be in the 10's of millions.  Newly planted fields under inches of water.  Will get out at daylight to survey the damage.  It's not going to be pretty.  :'(
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8875 on: May 29, 2017, 12:22 AM »
Yikes Ninja, that doesn't sound good.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8876 on: May 29, 2017, 03:42 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Memorial Day!!  Breezey and 51* this am, rain on the way, high of 55 today.
  The gremlins made a return visit yesterday, had computer issues most of the day... :%$#!:
  Mr.Ninja...hope those rains let up some over night, going to be a real mess there this morning. Will keep an eye out for your report.
  Jeff...great pictures, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves...especiall y the little ones, precious!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad to hear everything is up and running at the shack, must have been a real workout cutting such high grass! Bet the old ticker got a few extra beats jumping that bear!!
  Bud...you'll have to keep us posted on the pike eradication, never heard of a bounty like that being offered...bet it will be crazy!  How much are those President combo's going for..great reels!
  Wally...excellent photo of the turkeys, must be enjoyable watching them all the time!   :thumbsup:  Hope you took it easy on the wood pile yesterday!
  Tom...glad the party for your grandaughter went well and the food was a hit!!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Wishing her success with her new job and relocating.

Evening fishing trip was a bust for the most part, a few short's and one keeper. My son had plans on turkey hunting yesterday morning, so we called it quits fairly early at about 9:30pm.  Fished a few trout streams yesterday for a little while. They were running nice, ended up taking 5 decent browns home for the grill...biggest was just shy of 16"...no monsters, but they fought well on 4lb. test and an ultralight.
  My granddaughter will be marching in the local parade here today with her Brownie troop, so we will be attending that this morning with umbrellas... ;D
  Received some very sad news Friday evening about one of the swimming pool plasterers I worked with for years. He was diagnosed with cancer this past January, fought it right till to the end...sadly, he was only 48 married with two sons, one of which graduated with my youngest son Stephen, services tomorrow....RIP Todd.
  Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day, and another big Thank You to all of our servicemen/women past and present for protecting our country...God Bless You All.     :bow:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8877 on: May 29, 2017, 05:10 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 51* and breezy here on my hill, rain also expected, I won't have to water the new grass!
                       Eddie......Well at least you guys got some fish for the grill this weekend, I'll take the browns! Have a good time
              at the parade, I hope the rain holds off till afterwards! My grandson is marching with his baseball team in Lake Luzerne.
                       Bud........I guess if they're going to pay $20 per fish people might as well take advantage of it! ::)
                       Marv.......Gee if the girls are gone for a week, what will you do?
                       WW.......Do you have Turkey's around all the time?
                       I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day, and remember it's about the fallen soldiers that we are honoring
              today!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8878 on: May 29, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Good morning early risers light rain falling long range forecast is for a wet week.
Deal Ninja I hope things do not get to bad in your area of PA.
Whopper Stopper nice Memorial Day card/banner.
IFF I should have know trout would be involved in the decision to place a bounty on northern pike. I have relatives in Casper, Wyoming some anglers in that state would like to see a program to reduce the number of pelicans that inhabit the state's lakes as they supposedly eat to many trout. I agree with Eddie's comment but money on any species of fish and people will go after that species.
Eddie condolences to you and your friends family. Congrats on getting some trout for your grill. Enjoy the parade if it does not get canceled.
Ice Wanderer are you going to see your grandson march. Think I will be doing Whopper Stopper double cutting of my lawn if I get all the forecasted rain.

I got lucky and have today off will watch the NCAA men's division 1 lacrosse final later today. hopefully rain does not play to big of a factor in the game. Have a good Memorial everyone safe travels to all hitting the roadways or water ways.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8879 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  Happy memorial day. I hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.