Author Topic: Do you pick it up?  (Read 6054 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Do you pick it up?
« on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:13 PM »
If someone leaves there trash on the lake,like beverage cans ,propane cylinders or anything else they brought out and didnt take home with them when they left?

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
Re: Do you pick it up?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:16 PM »
yep! 
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:18 PM »
you betcha!

Offline Trigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:21 PM »
It all depends what it is, cans, plastic containers (Bait), forgoten rods and tipups ;D yea no problem, but if its something that i cant recognize i wont go near it or if there is junk around a icehut ill leave it. For the most part anything blowing in the wind that i see crossing my path ill go grab it.
______________________ ____________________________________ ___________

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Just think how messy our lakes would be if we all didnt "STEAL" other peoples trash left on the lake. :roflmao:

Offline kezar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:27 PM »
definitely.....same thing when hunting.  I know how much I hate to see litter, and feel that if I grab it, somebody else doesnt have to look at it, not to mention a landowner that doesnt have to pick it up.   Its a small effort to help protect the reputation of all hunters and fisherman.   
:tipup:

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2007, 05:34 PM »
Yes , and if I know who left it I put it in a bag and bring it back next time and tie it to their windshield wipers !  ;D
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline hard_water

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rippin lips all over NY
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:09 PM »
always carry out more than i bring. never fails seems like i follow the slobs.

water
GET THE NET !!!!!!!GET THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fish time

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • i live to fish
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:26 PM »
yes and i wood like to say if people like there fishing heridge thay should respert lakes and ponds rivers and to all people that respert lakes and ponds and rivers i thank you and good luck and be safe :tipup:
from big ice to small ice i will be out there me and my bumpa

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Someday I will have a record fish!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:32 PM »
If someone leaves there trash on the lake,like beverage cans ,propane cylinders or anything else they brought out and didnt take home with them when they left?
I always do that i keep contractor bags in my truck.IM glad your asking everyone this. 8)

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Yes, somebody has to do it. :callcops:

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:27 PM »
IM glad your asking everyone this. 8)

I figured you would appreciate it ;)2

Offline Baxter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Yes.I usually take a plastic grocery bag with me or have 1 in the truck.
HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:27 PM »
I picked up five 1 lb propane cylinders one night and knew who dumped them on the ice. I put them in my topper and the next time I went to that same lake I put them in the back of his pickup. Don't know if he figured it out or not.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline jeffd88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:37 PM »
yep, we pick it up...we opened a bait shop back in april, and we are almost embarrassed when we go fishing and find our worm containers laying in the water or left on the bank...i like the idea of knowing who it is and tyingit to their windsheild wipers, maybe they'll be the ones embarrassed next time!

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:44 PM »
Last yr there were 4 kids fishing, well at least thats what I think they were down there doing. Between the shouting ,running, beating hteir hand auger against the ice,I dont think they got much of that done.Anyways,everywhere they went they left trash. I told them they needed to cleen up before they left. Next morning it was all still there. I picked it all back up and put it in there shack. I then called the # on the shack and explained to the mother that answered what happened. That night they were all down there with trash bags cleaning up the area. After that they never left a mess.

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:54 PM »
I picked up five 1 lb propane cylinders one night and knew who dumped them on the ice. I put them in my topper and the next time I went to that same lake I put them in the back of his pickup. Don't know if he figured it out or not.

i usually bust there windshield with it!!! ;D just kidding , what is the world  coming to?    a bunch of pigs???

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:59 PM »
I am sickened by trash, anywhere I see it. There is absolutely no excuse for leavigntrash anywhere, Not so much as a gum wrapper should be throwm out a car window or left anywhere but in a garbage can. Interestingly enough, with as much trash as I see thrown out of cars in NY, I have seen very little littering on the ice.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #18 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:08 PM »
yep, sure do.  when my shanty was frozen in last year a woman I work with was amazed that I took a chainsaw and pry bar out to free up the deck.  "Why don't you just leave it?" she asked.  Good opportunity for a conservation conversation.  I didn't even consider not retrieving that which I put there, but I have the sense that some people could care less

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:24 PM »
If you don't pick it up, you may not have access there anymore.  Some people ruin it for others.  Do your part and pick up after iceslobs. 

Offline mnfishingdude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 43" Minnetonka Muskie - My First!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:37 PM »
Interestingly enough, with as much trash as I see thrown out of cars in NY, I have seen very little littering on the ice.

Maybe because the only people in NY who ice fish are the people who don't live in NYC and throw their garbage outta the window of their car...but i live in Minnesota, so i wouldnt really know.

I pick it up if i see it, but it seems to me that the only things people seem to "forget" on the ice are burbot

Offline jabers69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:23 PM »
For sure
hook and cook

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Always take what I brought plus what ever else I can carry off the ice or from the woods. Instead of a fine for littering there should be a hunting season I bet it would stop then.

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:51 PM »
To Jeffd 88,     Just a thought.  How about if you made everybody who buys a container of worms or other bait write their name on it before they leave your shop? Maybe they would feel more responsibilty for it when they leave it behind on the ice?  Yes, I likewise pickup after other slobs.  Lou

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:59 PM »
To Jeffd 88,     Just a thought.  How about if you made everybody who buys a container of worms or other bait write their name on it before they leave your shop? Maybe they would feel more responsibilty for it when they leave it behind on the ice?  Yes, I likewise pickup after other slobs.  Lou

excellent idea! :callcops:

Offline fish time

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • i live to fish
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2007, 05:07 PM »
name and number so the game warden can git ya :tipup:
from big ice to small ice i will be out there me and my bumpa

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I really can't believe that this topic has been posted.  I think any person with a brain would pick up trash they see someone else left behind!

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2007, 05:35 PM »
I really can't believe that this topic has been posted.  I think any person with a brain would pick up trash they see someone else left behind!
True

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2007, 05:40 PM »
There are alot of brainless people out there :%$#!:
I almost alway take out more than I took in
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Indiana_Lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #29 on: Dec 16, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Duck Doctor, No offense but you got to get out of your state more often. We fish some tributaries that empty in to Lake Erie for steelhead. You can't imagine the amount of garbage (bait containers,line, lure wrappers,cigarette packs, snuff boxes,etc,etc,etc) left behind. Also a lot of trash (nonfishing related) finds its way to the creek when there is high water. We generally keep a plastic bag in our vest and can fill it up pretty easy. If every fisherperson did this there wouldn't be a litter problem. Better yet, if you bring it in take it out!    Lou

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.