Author Topic: 12v 10 a lithium Batteries  (Read 7251 times)

Offline eastiaman18

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 12v 10 a lithium Batteries
« Reply #30 on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:46 AM »
I used ebay as well and bought a  battery tender lithium charger to use with the new batteries.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #31 on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:32 PM »
I ordered (2) 12v 10ah Lithium batteries and chargers from them on Tuesday and received them on Wednesday (next day)  :thumbsup:. I recommend using their eBay store (based out of Grand Forks) as I got a better deal (and quicker/cheaper shipping) than using their website. :)

d1
would you have a link for that? looking for the price break for others.

Offline defiant1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 29, 2016, 09:11 PM »
would you have a link for that? looking for the price break for others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380716026093

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #33 on: Dec 29, 2016, 09:33 PM »
thanks d1!
looks like 100 for the battery and 18 for the charger. new with full warranty.

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 30, 2016, 05:22 AM »
Just a heads up for guys thinking about getting a lithium for their Vexilar. I was going to get one for my vex and a local store had the Relion 10amps for $140. They are very lightweight and the guy there said they last 3 times longer than the regular battery. But the problem is they are bigger than a standard battery and they won't fit in the back compartment of the vex hard plastic case. The size of this lithium battery is the same size as my Honda atv battery. And the next size bigger is 20amp? i believe and they are about the size of a small car battery, but still very lightweight. So just look up the size specs if you're thinking about getting one to make shure they fit.

Offline eastiaman18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2016, 05:42 AM »
Mine fits in the back of lx7,  it may be a hair taller then my old 12v 9amp.  Ill take a look when i get home.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2016, 11:25 AM »
I dont get how a 12v 10ah lithium can last so much longer than a 12v 9ah sla though...its only 1ah difference. Or am I missing something?  Also, how come the Dakota doesnt need a special charger??

It will run longer. how much depends on the amp or miliamp draw.

A 10ah lithium and a 10ah sla will run the same time. The difference is you can charge the lithium about 2000 charge cycles before the battery is shot. An SLA last about 200 charge cycles. Over time & charge cycles the SLA battery will actually lose charge holding capacity and won't act or hold a charge like the original AH suggest.

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Respect lithium batteries.  I use them for many things.  Don't leave them on the charger unattended.  They work great, but batteries differ between manufactures, and they require that one is more attentive to them.  Understand the amperage a specific battery should be charged at, don't short them, and don't discharge them below what's safe.  They're not for everyone.

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Just ordered the Dakota with the charger for 138. Hope to see an improvement on my LX7

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Battery came along with the charger. Took over 3 hours to fully charge the battery and theres a piece of plastic loose inside the battery, and the battery physically doesnt look too great. Scrapes on the outside, the top red cap isnt lined up that well and there are gaps along the seams...I sent Dakota a message on eBay and asked if these issues were something to worry over.  Hope I dont need to send this back as I would like to use it this weekend.

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2017, 10:31 AM »
So what happened? I hope they took it back.  If there was something bouncing inside that means something got broke inside. These batteries don't come prescratched or with bouncee things inside. The warranty is only a year so you need to definitely exchange it.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Battery came along with the charger. Took over 3 hours to fully charge the battery and theres a piece of plastic loose inside the battery, and the battery physically doesnt look too great. Scrapes on the outside, the top red cap isnt lined up that well and there are gaps along the seams...I sent Dakota a message on eBay and asked if these issues were something to worry over.  Hope I dont need to send this back as I would like to use it this weekend.

When I bought my dakota lithium off amazon I accidentally had a screw driver touch the two post for a second........a little later the side of the battery had the safety hole blowing out smoke. Called Dakota lithium and sent pics. they sent a new battery free of charge. Put it in my FL22HD and it works great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.