Author Topic: Anyone use Navionics WebApp?  (Read 6188 times)

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone use Navionics WebApp?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:43 PM »
I have the moblie app, so far depths and contour have checked out its been within a foot on the vex. 

Offline cylegreen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2014, 11:04 AM »
I just downloaded the Navionics app for Android.  It was $10.  Some (Minnesota) lakes are more accurate than others, but the app will get me close enough to be well worth the $10.  I'll just mark the map on my phone with the depth that I read when I drill, so I'll know the next time.  Also, you can mark your hot spots and no one else can see them, unless you upload them somehow. 

If I head to a new lake, I'll go to the DNR Lake Maps website and double-check the depths and contours.  There is a lake out by me, Little Long Lake, that had HUGE discrepancies between the Navionics app and the DNR lake map.  The two were literally off by 20ft.  Well, the DNR map was correct, but I didn't know that until I started drilling.  No big deal.  I just marked those depths on my app.  Another lake about the same size, just down the road, was pretty darn accurate on the Navionics app and was similar on the DNR map.

All-in-all, it's worth the $10.  Don't expect it to be perfect, but once you get used to it, I think you'll find it super useful.   
My gear:

Marcum LX-9
Otter XT Cabin
Frabill Bunker 310
10" Eskimo propane HC40

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Highly impressed with it on Oneida Lake in ny. Has been spot on. Planned by trip. Found structure. Found fish

Offline rabbittrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:26 PM »
The app is a few feet off on the lake I fish.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Just checked your lake on my Galaxy S3. Maximum depth the Navionics app shows is a hole near Sucker Brook Cove. 44ft.

Offline SSmithNY92

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Run it hot!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Buddy has it on his iPhone...

We used it on Rollins and Upper Saranac Lake and it was dead on. There are wicked contours and drops where we were and it was right on. Very helpful in finding a spot I was at last year. I was off by about 100 feet and the difference was 20+ FOW.
Common sense isn't so common.

The fishing was always better yesterday.

Ice Team Member.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.