New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ICEFISHING, FRIENDS AND MORE!  (Read 247820 times)

Offline SPN1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ICEFISHING, FRIENDS AND MORE!
« Reply #420 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Holy zoo at Lewis point yesterday!!!! you needed a traffic  :callcops: 

It was nice to fish the big lake though.....slow bite but picked away at em!

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #421 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Holy zoo at Lewis point yesterday!!!! you needed a traffic  :callcops: 

It was nice to fish the big lake though.....slow bite but picked away at em!
[/quote

"Zoo" would be a very polite way to describe the mess and general inconsiderate behavior in the parking area yesterday.  No need to beat it to death it's over with but:  wow,  just wow.  I've never seen anything like it.  The way some people think they can park....

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #422 on: Feb 19, 2017, 09:21 AM »
I got there at 5:25 and the lot was almost full. Then people just started parking everywhere. The section behind the lot looked like a mud pit. Not cool.

It was a beautiful day on the ice though and the fishing was good.

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #423 on: Feb 19, 2017, 10:53 AM »
I got to Lewis Point at 540 yesterday.  Took one trip through the lot and said screw it.  I don't want to be any part of that parking mess.  Went to Sylvan instead.  Lot was close to empty when I got there.  Caught some sun, some perch, and got to see the races.  Man those things can fly.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #424 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:06 AM »
Did anybody see those 3 sleds heading down the middle of the lake from the beach? I hope they got off before they got to that section between Willard and Dakin.  :o

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #425 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:14 AM »
I couldn't beleive I saw sled tracks shooting across from nice n easy in constantia.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #426 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Im sure I'll  get hammered for this but the situation at lewis pt lot is out of control. Neighbor had state police this morn complaining about people using a private drive to turn around, guess they don't  know what posted means. The lot is a mud hole don't  be surprised it gets shut down.

Offline SHUBA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shuba
« Reply #427 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:32 PM »
Im sure I'll  get hammered for this but the situation at lewis pt lot is out of control. Neighbor had state police this morn complaining about people using a private drive to turn around, guess they don't  know what posted means. The lot is a mud hole don't  be surprised it gets shut down.
YOU WONT GET HAMMERED BY ME I was fishing out by Lewis yesterday
PRIVATE ACCESS and said to my buddy look at all the people out of Lewis, you no there is lot of
illegal parking going on over there and I bet tickets will be issued WELL I hope they were
don't they realize they are giving all of us HARD WATER NUTS a bad name.
IS A FEW FISH REALLY WORTH IT TOO DISRESPECT PEOPLES PROPERTY/BREAK LAWS AND GIVE US
FELLOW SPORTSMEN A BAD NAME we are lucky to have what we do have wont be long and all access will be gone
I did not fish out of Lewis but want to apologize to the land owners for the disrespect of others that are giving US ALL A BAD MAME
WE ARE SPORTSMEN LETS REMEMBER THE MEANING OF SUCH . I may be old fashioned but we were taught
common sense and respect USE IT
Shuba<br />Hardwater Fanatic

Offline BigEarl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #428 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:35 PM »
Yea it was a show at Lewis yesterday first time out this season couldn't believe the parking situation I got one of the last spots about 6am. Caught some fish then came back in and it was out of control lol

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #429 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:52 PM »
I think the vast majority of guys parking there want to be respectful.... I think it's generally better than past years....
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #430 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:21 PM »
X2 RedWolf....I parked there Friday and Saturday. Got there early enough to get a parking spot with a trailer in tow. The issue I saw was when the parking lot was full, guys with trailers tried to swing around the backside of the lot and hit the grass. That's a no-go this time of year, the ground is soft! I think an extra fence at the back of the lot will stop the damage to the yard. First come first served. To the people who park on the opposite side of the road of the lot, you make it impossible for anyone to swing out of the lot. No parking signs need to be installed on that street. It was a zoo for sure!!! I think it needs to be patrolled. Once the lot is full, that's it! The fishing was ok both days.

Be respectful towards land owners and fellow fisherman!!

The warms temps are going to do some damage to the ice this week. Be safe and use good judgements!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline SHUBA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shuba
« Reply #431 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:25 PM »
X2 RedWolf....I parked there Friday and Saturday. Got there early enough to get a parking spot with a trailer in tow. The issue I saw was when the parking lot was full, guys with trailers tried to swing around the backside of the lot and hit the grass. That's a no-go this time of year, the ground is soft! I think an extra fence at the back of the lot will stop the damage to the yard. First come first served. To the people who park on the opposite side of the road of the lot, you make it impossible for anyone to swing out of the lot. No parking signs need to be installed on that street. It was a zoo for sure!!! I think it needs to be patrolled. Once the lot is full, that's it! The fishing was ok both days.

Be respectful towards land owners and fellow fisherman!!

The warms temps are going to do some damage to the ice this week. Be safe and use good judgements!!😎
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Shuba<br />Hardwater Fanatic

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #432 on: Feb 19, 2017, 05:39 PM »

To late the back side is a rutted mess now , if that was mine I would be pissed , there are signs stating where the parking area is , it's a no brainer on a side note I didnt have to police the area

Offline Bug-Eye-Brew

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into the Grease
« Reply #433 on: Feb 19, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Fished out of Edgedwater today with a buddy, 25 fow, 13" of ice, Marcum was lit up all day, fished 7:30 -4:30, caught over 40 white's half dozen walleyes ( no keepers ) and a good bunch of perch, kept only the these, not to bad of a walk, few sleds and atv's out ... Last outing of the year for me I think with the weather ahead...
Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter ... Mark Twain

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #434 on: Feb 19, 2017, 06:54 PM »
Did anybody see those 3 sleds heading down the middle of the lake from the beach? I hope they got off before they got to that section between Willard and Dakin.  :o
                                     I thought a few sleds out that way, no way you would catch me out there.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #435 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:16 PM »
I gotta say this before I forget... I didn't see any trash going out or in from the Lewis Point parking area!!👍 Well done people!!😎

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #436 on: Feb 20, 2017, 06:10 AM »
The fat lady is tuning up !!! be safe out there !!!   Sully...

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #437 on: Feb 20, 2017, 06:21 AM »
X2 Sully!! 😎

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #438 on: Feb 20, 2017, 09:05 AM »
To late the back side is a rutted mess now , if that was mine I would be pissed , there are signs stating where the parking area is , it's a no brainer on a side note I didn't have to police the area
You'll never find out who does the damage to the access sites, so what we do at Chautauqua Lake, is at the end of the season we get as many guys together that want to help and we meet a one location on a set Saturday.  We each bring a rake and a bag of top soil and grass seed.  Then we split up and visit each of our access points and if tire tracks need to be fixed we do it as a group.  You will be surprise how much the land owners appreciate that and will allow you to use the access the next year.  You guys should try it at Oneida. It might help save a site.

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #439 on: Feb 20, 2017, 09:31 AM »

This happens every year. Last year it came close to being closed. From what I understand the state doesn't own it, but a land owner allows it to be used for access. Some of you guys may know more about it. Its been posted in older threads.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #440 on: Feb 20, 2017, 10:37 AM »
The last 3 years or so Lewis parking has been out of control. The owners are nice enough to provide parking and access but when neighbors complain about people parking and trespassing they will listen. I commend guys that see the lot is full and move on. As for fixing the mud good idea but it would take a dump truck and tractor to clean up the mess. I just hope none of our homes has a fire, it would be tough to get an emergency vehicle our way when they park on the road. I'm sure most people on here are not the problem but in reality it only takes a few to make us all look bad.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #441 on: Feb 20, 2017, 10:41 AM »
xc600 you should call your  town supervisor and ask  for  no parking signs on the road  ...then again that can limit a home owner having a party

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #442 on: Feb 20, 2017, 11:35 AM »

The way the parking is on the road , god forbid if there was a fire , or some other type of emergency , it's a tight squeeze, and a snow plow would have to roll the vehicles in the ditch 

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #443 on: Feb 20, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Do they ever plow the lot, every time I have went I needed 4*4 .  I too move on if the lot is full.

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #444 on: Feb 20, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Trap I'm good friends with the super and my brother is a board member, the road we are talking about is a private egress= ingress for locals. The property is all privately owned. I won't be surprised if it gets posted. Hopefully this warmup will slow the abuse down, shore ice is shot. Be safe out there

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #445 on: Feb 20, 2017, 03:15 PM »
Just tried to hit my panfish spot on Oneida that had 8 inches of ice 2 days ago. Started spudding out and had to turn around and head in. Ice was rotten from last 2 days. A whack or 2 and spud was going through. A few spots where our tracks from previous trips were and I only had to touch it with the spud and it was trough. That may be it for me this year. Never ended up getting over walleye waters this year. Extended forecast not lookin to good either. Got a couple days this week of rain followed by a day of high winds. 👎🏻
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #446 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Simple solution to the parking issue might be to fence off the back lot if there's not supposed to be any parking there, put up residential parking only signs on the street and then charge $5.00 to park in the lot.  The abusers would move on and the ones that really care and probably are not the cause of the problems wouldn't mind contributing to have a place to park.   

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #447 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:24 PM »
if I owned it I'd simply post it ....done deal

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #448 on: Feb 20, 2017, 06:00 PM »
The people who own the property are more than likely not interested in the $5.00, or $10 or 20 and will just post the property.  Hard for me to understand what those people are thinking.  Certainly not next year....

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #449 on: Feb 20, 2017, 06:55 PM »
well with these temps its going to be a mute point....next weekend... but its BS people damage other peoples property it will be posted sooner or later

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.