New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ICEFISHING, FRIENDS AND MORE!  (Read 246002 times)

Offline Jay slammer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ask pop's
Re: ICEFISHING, FRIENDS AND MORE!
« Reply #210 on: Feb 01, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Any Ice reports for Lewis Point?

Offline Deadhead77

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Chasin chrome slayin dragons
« Reply #211 on: Feb 01, 2017, 02:18 PM »
Lewis and messenger locked up first but a lot of shove ice underneath. Gonna be very tricky over there for a while

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #212 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:34 PM »
so if  the  woodchuck sees  his  shadow I  should  get the  boat ready?

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #213 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:44 PM »
get the boat ready u may get enough ice for the bays or a few spots but ur not getting a total safe lock up this year...

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #214 on: Feb 01, 2017, 06:58 PM »
so if  the  woodchuck sees  his  shadow I  should  get the  boat ready?
if the woodchuck puts on a wool coat, keep your ice gear ready.... but, if he puts on a speedo, get the boat ready!!!! Lol!! I'll put crosshairs on him if he puts on the speedo!!!!😂🤣😂🤣
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #215 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:39 PM »
get the boat ready u may get enough ice for the bays or a few spots but ur not getting a total safe lock up this year...

Will have machines out there next weekend.  Winters far from over.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #216 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:21 PM »
if the woodchuck puts on a wool coat, keep your ice gear ready.... but, if he puts on a speedo, get the boat ready!!!! Lol!! I'll put crosshairs on him if he puts on the speedo!!!!😂🤣😂🤣
I hope it's not to get a closer look at a woodchuck in a speedo 😜
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #217 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:45 PM »
lol :roflmao:

Punxatawney Phil will be mia tomorrow...I really did laugh out loud this evening when the local Binghamton  Weatherman, Mick D. ( Fox 40) said during his weather segment at 6 pm today, that he was headed down to Pennsy tonight to kidnap the woodchuck , returning to Binghamton tomorrow, then dispatching it, stuffing and baking it for  Super Bowl Snacks Sunday... he said"It tastes like chicken".. the guy is unreal some evenings.
Mick also said "if any of you out there have any good recipe's, write them down on a 20 dollar bill , and send them to the station in care of me"...he's a riot some nights.

Could you guy's imagine Wayne Mahar or Jim Teske saying that stuff while doing the Syracuse weather?.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Online eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #218 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:00 AM »
Will have machines out there next weekend.  Winters far from over.

Yeah!   :thumbsup:  I was just saying that exact thing to the groundhog assassin last night.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #219 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:19 AM »
Yeah!   :thumbsup:  I was just saying that exact thing to the groundhog assassin last night.

This snow isn't helping but as much as everyone tries to analyze the way she freezes sometimes she surprises you. I just saw a old post on Facebook of the legion poker run in 2013.  I fished the beach that a.m..  went and rode on dirt.  Next weekend we went to quinte so that would of been the sixth or so.  Main lake was still a no go.   The following weekend I was out deep with the sled.   So that put it around the 15th or so.  I think Bruce said that year he was on the 16th.  The next few weeks after that rocked.  I keep saying we're going to have a repeat.  Winter is far from over but it does suck we missed most of January.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #220 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:34 AM »
We just need 2 nights near zero and no snow or wind. It's going to be windy for the next several days, then a warm up. Maybe it will get cold enough at the end of next week.

Online eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #221 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:37 AM »
I'm optimistic as well S10. I'm holding my breath to see what the webcam shows this morning, each day this week there's been just a little more ice. If it locks up today/tomorrow, I think your estimate will be right on. And I'll be there to race to the middle!  ;D

Offline lakedog13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #222 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Hey folks. fingers crossed for some strong ice out there

Online eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #223 on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Well, looks like the groundhog was not wearing speedos. Saw his shadow, now we know good ice is coming.  :)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #224 on: Feb 02, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Well in the mean time I'm fishing some where , I can't wait for the ol girl to lock up , flats in the freezer work for me
 Got a call from my bud goon boy and it was quite a rant my ears are still  🛎 ,  on chaumount bay  where he has accessed for years is now posted because some genius with a wheeler tore up the lawn , the total lack of consideration just boggles my mind

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #225 on: Feb 02, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Well in the mean time I'm fishing some where , I can't wait for the ol girl to lock up , flats in the freezer work for me
 Got a call from my bud goon boy and it was quite a rant my ears are still  🛎 ,  on chaumount bay  where he has accessed for years is now posted because some genius with a wheeler tore up the lawn , the total lack of consideration just boggles my mind

Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast.  No one has respect for others anymore or worry about consequences.  It's sad. 

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #226 on: Feb 02, 2017, 07:49 AM »
Hard to tell but bernards bay web cam has the ice looking not so good looks like open pockets out there too....looks like I will be driving 3 hrs for next few weeks instead of 2

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #227 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:22 AM »
Well, looks like the groundhog was not wearing speedos. Saw his shadow, now we know good ice is coming.  :)
Phil is lucky!!! 😈😈😈 end of story!!!

I'm in Constantia now..... I still see where there is open water with snow laying on it....😡
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #228 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:10 AM »
24 degrees and snowing hard here, 4" of new snow 1/4 mile visibility. I can see some wet spots don't know if they will refreeze with this snow. Won't see this guy out there till we get sub zero.

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #229 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:27 AM »
can.t see across the street, it's snowing so hard !! 5 to 6" so far, and still snowing at a good clip.  Sully...

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #230 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Just A bunch of snow slush on top right now, A stiff wind would blow it off, lots of open water in the middle. We just got 8 inches of snow in Cleveland, not looking good at all to get out soon.

Offline LingFling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #231 on: Feb 02, 2017, 05:36 PM »
Wiiliams Beach about 5-6" Snow as fishhooksul said. East from Williams Beach has open water from Wantry to Maple Bay looks like. No idea how the ice is near shore at Williams. I don't recommend it. Other lakes have ice south and north. Time for a drive.
Get Out And Enjoy!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #232 on: Feb 03, 2017, 06:22 AM »
well this morning i can see more open water then yesterday go figure... what skim ice there was all got pushed north east ... east of chapman is choppy stuff that got pushed together as far as i can see . to the west is wide open from shore to as far as i can see... The extended forecast i saw shows no real cold arttic air >:(

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #233 on: Feb 03, 2017, 06:55 AM »
It was 17* this morning at my house. It was all open water East of Constantia. It's going to be way too windy this weekend to make ice.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #234 on: Feb 03, 2017, 07:30 AM »
I agree Bruce. I looks like the wind is blowing the snow off what little ice there is this morning
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline LP Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #235 on: Feb 03, 2017, 08:24 AM »
With a winter like this if we get good ice next year it should be great fishing since so many fish are in the lake and not the freezer. Also for the guys that fish for them in the summer too.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #236 on: Feb 03, 2017, 08:44 AM »
 Yeah, did the boat rebuild last spring, missed all the early open water. She's good to go this year, other than installing the stereo the kids bought for me. We'll be jamming!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #237 on: Feb 03, 2017, 06:48 PM »
It looked like the lake was mostly froze over at sunset. Still a big section of open water off of Taft. It would be nice if the snow stayed away.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #238 on: Feb 03, 2017, 07:31 PM »
It looked like the lake was mostly froze over at sunset. Still a big section of open water off of Taft. It would be nice if the snow stayed away.
still a ton of open water from chapman park area extending out toward shack shoals and beyond.......saw it from the hills s/e of chittenango.......unbe lievable

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #239 on: Feb 03, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Man after getting the email newsletter from the OLA ,Def some more bad news
Cornell researchers are saying by the end of the century  Oneida Lake will likely be warmer by 6 degrees and this will affect
the oxygen levels in the deeper parts not good for cold water fish and such,but mainly effecting ice formation as well,
Not good for our younger generations to look forward too,still have my fingers crossed to walk out and jig up a couple walleye this yr

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.