New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024640 times)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5310 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:40 PM »
Not with any common sense 😉

Come on Freddie don't open this can of worms common sense isn't so common these days
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5311 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:41 PM »

Agreed like walking on an 1.5” of ice without a spud

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5312 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:51 PM »

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5313 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:06 PM »
Agreed

Awesome 👍🏻 why limit yourself to one body of water
I live back in the woods you see

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5314 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:06 PM »
You can call the DEC office in Cortland,  they will confirm that it is indeed public access.  They may ne able to help with the boulders if it is safety hazard.

SeanP

we called the  DEC  and  called the  town of west monroe  neither is  happy  someone made a  hazard like that
''''

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5315 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:07 PM »
nice  fred  :thumbsup:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5316 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:13 PM »

Thanks Trapp but did I weed through a barrel of dinks , if you want to ice fish you have to go where the ice is , just remember carry your trash back home

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5317 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:58 PM »
I took a ride to Big Bay today to check out the access. As I approached where the drain pipe is, an older gentleman was struggling to haul his gear up that 4.5’ high wall that was put in place. I gave him a hand to get his gear to high ground and drug it up the hill to the road for him. I’m in pretty good shape and I struggled a bit getting his gear up that wall. One thing that upset me was that there were people straight out, in the open, walking around, from where that old man was struggling and no one offered to help. Shame on them! 🤬 After walking back down to analyze that wall more.... I can only imagine people slipping and falling, with the potential for some serious injuries happening. I hope more people reach out to the town and DEC to help correct this problem. To all of you who wish to access Big Bay to fish, PLEASE be careful entering and leaving that wall at the access.

“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5318 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:14 PM »
I took a ride to Big Bay today to check out the access. As I approached where the drain pipe is, an older gentleman was struggling to haul his gear up that 4.5’ high wall that was put in place. I gave him a hand to get his gear to high ground and drug it up the hill to the road for him. I’m in pretty good shape and I struggled a bit getting his gear up that wall. One thing that upset me was that there were people straight out, in the open, walking around, from where that old man was struggling and no one offered to help. Shame on them! 🤬 After walking back down to analyze that wall more.... I can only imagine people slipping and falling, with the potential for some serious injuries happening. I hope more people reach out to the town and DEC to help correct this problem. To all of you who wish to access Big Bay to fish, PLEASE be careful entering and leaving that wall at the access.

Your a good man. I am sure he appreciated it.

That is quite the step up. Would using planks work?

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5319 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:15 PM »
I dont have a dog in this fight but isn't possible the town will make this off limits with all the calls and people pointing out that a person can get injured on town property

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5320 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:27 PM »

You sir are a good man and will be rewarded kudos to you 👊🏻
I live back in the woods you see

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5321 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:55 PM »
I dont have a dog in this fight but isn't possible the town will make this off limits with all the calls and people pointing out that a person can get injured on town property

i don't think so thats a  hazard  a kid  is going to fall and get killed   town will rip that out and  i am sure  question the   neighbors  ......remeber  people  pay to park there and they  eat and  have a drink at the  bar   that is all tax  dollars....not to  mention that was  where  we launched car toppers and  if workers  have to  clean out that  culvert

Offline sportsmenoftheyear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5322 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:01 PM »
DEC has to already know about it. I've seen encon on the ice there checking catch and licenses. Can't tell me they haven't already seen that. Been like that for at least 2 years probably longer.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5323 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:34 PM »

Homeowner has no right to build a structure on town property. I get what you're saying but the property owner is wrong. If he had such an issue with lake access he could bring it up at board meetings. If he has and it's been shot down and this is his solution then it needs to be dealt with properly. This is ridiculous. I'm tempted to go down and build a ramp tomorrow and I don't even fish big bay. I just hate people interfering with lawful hunting/fishing. I bet that would get his knickers in a bunch
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5324 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:55 AM »

Any report on ice thickness out on Big bay?

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5325 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:04 AM »
2 fools out by little island yesterday, my buddy said they were right next to each other spudding their way out. It was open water there 5 days ago, let alone they went "towards" Scriba creek. The ice is not groovy at all, with these 30 degree nights it's A fools errand. I hope they have the airboat gassed up, and the recovery guy has his stuff together.

Also someone told me they did build A ramp off the access spot last year or the year before, to get over that rock wall.

:)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5326 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:44 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to do that KP!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5327 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:07 AM »
Any report on ice thickness out on Big bay?
I didn’t walk out to check ice.. sorry.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5328 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:16 AM »
 Thanks KP I understand it is in the hands of someone that knows about such things
 👍 I hope this issue can be resolved
 I understand the owners getting upset about noise early in the morning and late in the evening , littler , but to just access shouldn’t be an issue , fishermen need to be respectful to just an old farts .02

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #5329 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:35 AM »
Last year someone built a nice ramp out of skids and 2 x 4 s. but we should be careful building a structure on town property. I know the neihbor did this with no respect to town property, or the people using it. Maybe we the fisherman could talk to the town, and get permision to build a temporary structure until the problem is fixed.    Sully...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5330 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:48 AM »
 My cousins buddy built that last year to help out us old boys 😃

Offline Jaker112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5331 on: Jan 13, 2021, 07:48 AM »
Fished BB yesterday, 6” white hard ice, 50-60 guys out, not to bad of a bluegill bite. Had to work for them but got some big ones, handful 10+”

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5332 on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:44 AM »
I see a couple of guys off the Beach on the Cam.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5333 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:00 PM »

Here are the pics from mill street , as you can see it goes over the side walk and blocks the west access , tax map shows the property line

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5334 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:09 PM »
Last year someone built a nice ramp out of skids and 2 x 4 s. but we should be careful building a structure on town property. I know the neihbor did this with no respect to town property, or the people using it. Maybe we the fisherman could talk to the town, and get permision to build a temporary structure until the problem is fixed.    Sully...

sully maybe  were going about this all wrong lets  take the  gentilman  fishing with us and  give  him his own  hole to fish ..... ;D

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5335 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:12 PM »
I didn’t walk out to check ice.. sorry.

We need to organize a midnight work party to take care of this. I know I guy that has some heavy equipment :whistle:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5336 on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:16 PM »

Bring me a compressor, and a 88# jack hammer , no electric crap , about 1-1.5 hrs it will be all set

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5337 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:18 PM »
Bring me a compressor, and a 88# jack hammer , no electric crap , about 1-1.5 hrs it will be all set
You must be a beast that jack hammers no joke who’s got a trailered compressor? Let’s make it happen I’ll bring the green vests

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5338 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Back in the day you would of busted it up with a sledge 😜
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5339 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Trap, Sully is like Clint Eastwood with a 5 gallon bucket! 😂

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com