Author Topic: Mino Mizer  (Read 629 times)

Offline MN fishing gal

• IceShanty Rookie
Mino Mizer
« on: Jan 23, 2021, 01:44 PM »
I have a standard older Mino Mizer that runs off of a square 9 volt battery. Question, can an I use and old AC power adapter left over from some long lost tape recorder, phone charger, or other electronics and use that to into my current Mino Mizer line sort of like a 2nd set of pigtails? I'm open to any other suggestions. I'm new to this group so I did scroll through some older posts but didn't see anything applicable. I'm the fisher person of the family. I maintain all equipment, rig the rods for whatever type of fishing, generally I catch more/bigger fish than my spouse, I clean the fish and cooked the fish. He cleans up the fish frying grease, does the dishes and leaves the kitchen sparkling clean.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Mino Mizer
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2021, 07:27 AM »
YES. Any 9 volt power supply can be wired to run the minnow mizer so just get the polarity correct + to + and - to -.

I will caution you if the Mizer is the one I have, Red flying saucer type that floats on top and sprays a mist. I bought the bait and had the mizer running while driving to the lake. During the drive the Mizer flipped over which exposed the live current to the water and electrocuted all of my baitfish. Mizer types are designed for stationary buckets and not cool for portable buckets or boat live wells.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.