Author Topic: Aqua-Vu Gen2 vs Marcum Quest  (Read 277 times)

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua-Vu Gen2 vs Marcum Quest
« on: Dec 28, 2020, 11:14 AM »
So I finally upgraded from my Marcum VS485c to the Aqua-Vu HD7i Gen 2, which will be primarily used in my Little Jigger connected to a TV.  One of the reasons for choosing the AV was their multiple camera position options, as well as their Color Smart technology, which should help to filter out the overly green view I see in one of the lakes I frequent, but I still need to see how well that works.  I did get a chance to use the AV this past weekend, and I sure like how the camera cable wraps around the base, instead of Macurm, which uses a hand-held line winder. 

What's lacking on the internet, is a side-by-side comparison of the two; however, I plan on doing this myself, hopefully in a couple weeks.  The lake I frequently fish has cribs, and my IC Little Jigger has four holes along one side.  I plan on positioning my house several feet away from a crib, and plugging my VS485c, AV-Gen2, and hopefully a Marcum Quest from someone else on the lake, into the TV.  We can also have someone with a jig outside the house, between the cams and the crib, just to see which camera looks best  on the TV, since I'll be able to toggle back and forth between the three AV ports.   
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Aqua-Vu Gen2 vs Marcum Quest
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2020, 01:11 PM »
You would be the first to do such a comparison ...my only suggestion is keep it all even steven...same day.. same lighting (preferably inside a shelter )..same hole even and of course filmed with the same camera . Sure to be quite a task . :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gunflint

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2020, 01:24 PM »
X2- Would love to see a side-by-side comparison.

If possible, could you do deeper water of 40 feet or so on one example?
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2020, 01:42 PM »
I will see how it goes in my first attempt, as I'll need to reach out on the ICOG FB group to see if anyone around me has the Quest.  They typically set these cribs in 15ft of water and I don't think the lake goes to 40', but I think 30' may be doable. To me, having a stationary structure will be key, but I guess in deeper water I could just see how much of the bottom I can see.  My holes are relatively close together, so I don't think they need to be in the same hole, if the crib is off in the distance; typically, there's always sunnies near them too, with game fish cruising by.   
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.