Author Topic: Your Homemade Sled/Pictures  (Read 78202 times)

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
Re: Your Homemade Sled/Pictures
« Reply #60 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:26 PM »
 :-[  I'm embarrassed to say I use a regular old jetsled XL for all my stuff.  Sometimes tow it behind my 4 wheeler with a hitch.  Have a buddy that had a hitch welded up for him with steel rods, much more durable than the flimsy Shappell hitch system.  Sometimes just use a good old packbasket, snowshoes and carry my bait bucket and hand auger.  Depends where and how far I'm going.  If you want a picture of a Jetsled, you guys are sick, sick, sick.    ;D  Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 27, 2004, 07:27 PM »
Red eyes I know you said you want to stay under 500 but it is going to be hard to do. welding depot has a clarke 220 volt 150 amp spool gun mig welder (clarke is a knock off of the miller) for 629.75 this machine would do pretty much what you want. I Love mig welding its messy but quick and easy.. take a look and if you have any questions please feel free to pm me
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: Dec 28, 2004, 10:28 AM »
well, $629 not bad, I/ve never used a clarke welder, but it seems to be just as good as the others, 10yr, warranty. Ill try to save up some money for that, If you come across any other good deals PM please. thanks
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Offline begs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:46 PM »
i have been pulling my suitcase style shanty and it sucks with snow on the ice any ideas what to do would like to get it about a foot or so off the ground and something to cut though like a breeze....getting really tired of pulling this thing out and then wanting to take a nap after dont even want to drill holes by the time i get it set up

Offline joeythejigger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Shhhh, I think I hear them coming!
« Reply #64 on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:11 PM »
I Made this top Basket part to go on my homemade sled.  I used oak strips.  I stained it last night and will give a couple of coats of polyurethane.  It is 48"x30" wide.  My Shappell DX3000 will fit right on top with the side rails of the bed engaging the convolutions in the floor of the shed so it will not slip off.  I can pack everything on top of my shanty and pull it out with a shoulder harness.  I can also use it alone with out the shanty and it will carry all kinds of stuff and handle it well. 

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #65 on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Classic Woodie! :thumbsup:
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #66 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:34 AM »
Here's my traveling sled. I use it when the fish trap is not needed and I want to cover a bunch of ice. It's made of 10 ply birch plywood. The runners are covered with 1/8" aulminum flat stock. The bottom is 3/16" polyethylene. It's about 10 yrs old and has held up well. I originally had a windbreak that set up with 1/2" emt poles but I don't use it.
There are no plans...I just built it!
RG

(Image removed from quote.)
here's the sled old trout

Offline JeJa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Retired and loving it
« Reply #67 on: Apr 03, 2015, 08:49 AM »
Built a smitty sled and put a 2'x4'x18" wood box on top .Built a three sided wind break. I can pull it but it is heavy. I also have drilled slots in  the sides to reduce the weight. I used 3/8 th plywood for the lid and bottom; 2x2 framing, and some thin cedar tongue and groove on the side. I'll rebuild it in the Fall using 1x3 for framing and Luan for the sides/bottom/top. Should be able to reduce the weifht by 30 lbs or more.
Somedays its not worthwhile chewing thru the restraints

Offline JeJa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Retired and loving it
« Reply #68 on: Apr 03, 2015, 09:01 AM »
Somedays its not worthwhile chewing thru the restraints

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #69 on: Apr 03, 2015, 02:22 PM »
Hey, you resurrected my old sled.  ;D

It was a good quick trip sled for sure.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #70 on: Apr 03, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Here's the replacement

Rg

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.