Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1639392 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9240 on: Jul 03, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Mr.Ninja, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Had some issues again with the first post....try it again!
  64* with a beautiful breeze this am, high of 80 expected.
  Wally...glad you had a great visit with the grandkids, it really is amazing how fast they grow up! Well, you got me figured out 100%... ;D  Spending the day with the grand kids today...and you're absolutely right, it's always worth more than a payday spending time with them! Looks like some beautiful weather for riding the next few days..did Mr.WW get the bike repaired?
  Mr.Ninja..the brisket looks superb, very nice job!!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Good luck with the fishing this am, hope they're as hungry as I am after seeing that picture! 
  I-45...have a safe day working today Sir, stay hydrated!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..never could figure people out like that customer and the nasty comments they direct at employees...you handled that much better than I probably would have. Hope he doesn't show back up today.... ;D
  Tom...glad the launch went well and you got to enjoy the fireworks...less the near miss! How was the ski show?
  Marv...hope your brother had safe travels and you two are having a great time catching up...enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...have a safe flight back Sir...x2 on Wally's reply...You da man!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

The wife and I will be picking up the grandkids in about 2hrs, first stop will be McDonalds for breakfast as requested...lol. We're heading down to the museum at my workplace first, a small amusement park after, and then shopping for some summer clothes. A slight change in plans from going to a large theme park not far from Jeff's homestead...have to have them back home by early afternoon unfortunately.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9241 on: Jul 03, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Morning early birds!
Just another work day for me. The store will be busy with all the holiday sales going on. I'll go do my 4 hours, come home and water my flower gardens. The veggies are probably good for a while yet.

95% of the people I help every day are very appreciative. The other 5% I can walk away from. I get a kick out of the people who just want to argue with me. They ask for an item...I show it to them and then they say it's not what they want. My response is usually to tell them that Home Deopt probably has what they want and that maybe they should shop there. All with a big smile, of course.

My Bride is house/dog sitting for my Daughter while they're away on a short vacation. She'll be home tomorrow.

Might have a campfire tomorrow night.

Have a safe day all!

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9242 on: Jul 03, 2017, 06:54 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Sounds like everyone is doing good on this Monday morning. Good going Eddie on taking the time with the kids :clap: I bet they are very excited about their day with Grandpa!

WW  :clap: with your visit with your Grand Kids! I get together with my brother about 2-3X a year. I hope with my shorter work schedule that will be changing. He spends winters in Texas so I try to get together with him during the summer and fall.

Today we are hanging out for the day, then tonight heading to the horse track. They have 12 harness races going on tonight and we are going to take it in. He used to like the dog races so figured he will like the ponies. I don't gamble but figured it will be fun watching him and his wife.

X3 on all comments about IW. People don't get much better than him :bow:

Best of luck to all those fishing! Stay safe and use extra long punk sticks if lighting off the big bangers.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9243 on: Jul 03, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Good Morning All,

Marv see who posted right before you ??  Slowly closing in on 12K he is.  Oh guess that was Esox that was poking the sleeping bear  ;D

Minja I was going to ask how the brisket turned out, makes me want to do one myself. 

Don't mind the controlled fireworks displays, its the unknowing neighborhood ones that I worry about, having stuff land where it goes unnoticed until the fires start.

I remember having a flight home on a 4th, and could see fireworks going off on the ground as we passed smaller towns  :)

Just noticed must be some kind of hatch going on.  flying back and forth across the street, had to tell if its dragon flys or ???? Only lasted for a few minutes and now seems to be all over ?????  Then I see a hawk fly into and out of a pine tree, then finally see it was leaving with twigs so it must be building a nest across the street in a cottonwood.  :o  Doves will have to be on the alert.

Have a good day all.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9244 on: Jul 03, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Just got back from watching the boss get her knew injected. Better her than me but I will probably have mine done again when I go to the pain clinic. She is trying to stall off having her knee replaced.

I know about fire works falling from the sky. The guy that had a r trailer full of fire works that he shot off on the 1st spent at least 3 hours cleaning up the neighbors yard. The idiot must have thrown an unexploded one in his bon fire. It went off horizontal almost hitting a couple of kids playing on their grandmothers dock 4 places away. The wife happened to be sitting watching that way when it went off. I never thought that the guy was that swift. Maybe it was old timers.

No big issues at the launch ramp other than one guy was giving the security guard some guff. She called us  and we went down. He told me I did not need to get out of the car. HA HA on him. He thought he was going to get it over on a couple of women. I never said anything as the Irish wife handled him just fine. All the jerk needed as a new sticker on his boat.

I never have watched the ski show. Sa soon as they got launched we came home.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9245 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:41 AM »
Happy Independence Day everyone!  The rgfixit countdown to 12K posts continues.  I'm thinking he'll post only once per day to drag this out as long as he can!  ;D

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9246 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning Mr.Ninja, Morning Everyone,
  Wishing everyone here on the Shanty and their families a very safe and happy Independence Day!!
   God Bless America.... :bow:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9247 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Happy 4th Everyone!

Ditto Eddie!

WS

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #9248 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:45 AM »
Happy independence day every 1 and happy birthday America! Hope every 1 has a great day!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9249 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:02 AM »

Good morning Deal, Eddie Marv, ER's,
                             It's a beautiful morning, clear skies and 58* here "On MY Hill" this morning. :thumbsup: Yes I'm finally home,
               it felt good to be in my own bed last night. When we got to my brothers home the cable, internet and landline phone were
               out. He called Comcast and the couldn't rectify the problem over the phone, so a tech was to be there yesterday between
               5 and 7 pm. So that's why I didn't post the 3 days I was there. The weather in Florida was terrible for a northerner like me,
               it was Hot, Hot, Hot and very humid. In the mornings when I would wake up, the windows were dripping wet from the
               humidity outside and the AC inside. People down there are use to it, I saw people playing golf and tennis basically in the
               morning.
                             I want to thank you all for your comments about my helping my brother, it was the way we wee brought up, our
               father was always instilled in us that helping people is the right thing to do and of course family is most important.
                             So now on my brothers progress, he made great progress at his home, first of all his wheel chair got damaged
               on the plane so at his home he was forced to use his walker only, everything is on one floor. I could see a little jump in
               his step when he got home, I think a lot of his recovery is mental so being home helped. On Saturday I had him drive
               his car home from the store and he did great. :flex: Yesterday he had a doctors appointment and he gave him the all clear
               to drive and authorize for him to get a "Handicap" tag. In Illinois he could get one because he had a Florida license, don't
               figure! :cookoo:
                             Eddie........I hope you had a good time with your grandkids yesterday!
                             Ninja........That brisket looked good, my mouth is watering just looking at the picture! :bow:
                             Marv.......Happy 4th of July to you sir. I hope you have a good day today! :thumbsup:
                             Wally......I hope your trip was a safe one!
                             I hope everyone has a great Tuesday either at work or celebrating our countries independence! :clap: :bow:
                             I see my son chimed in while I was typing, Happy 4th Logan!
               IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9250 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:29 AM »
Happy Birthday America!!!
IW, glad you are home and very happy your brother is improving each day.
I am sure the lake will be busy today. I know on Sunday there were 26 boats out in front of the house. I think they come here to get away from all the boats out on the lake.They anchor, tie up together and party. I am planning on fishing on Wed. Hoping most will head home, but it is Summer and the week of the 4th so there will be some boats around. Wife and I are laying low today. She has already made a Mac salad so we are good. Everyone have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9251 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:42 AM »
Welcome Home IW
Nice to have you home :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9252 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:56 AM »
Morning all,

Happy 4th of July  :clap: :clap:  hope every one has a great day celebrating with family & friends  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  And a BIG thank you to all our service men & women, law enforcement personnel, first responders that will be working today to keep us all safe  :callcops: :clap: :thumbsup:  :bow:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9253 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:59 AM »
Welcome Home IW
Nice to have you home :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS
              Thank you Marv, it sure felt good to be here!

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9254 on: Jul 04, 2017, 07:01 AM »
Welcome home IW!!! Everyone have a SAFE 4th of July and Happy Birthday America!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9255 on: Jul 04, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Welcome back home Jeff..imagine you're still cleaning the lipstick off your cheeks....no need to reply back!!   ;D
  Have a wonderful day with the family Sir, Happy Indepence Day!!    :thumbsup:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9256 on: Jul 04, 2017, 07:38 AM »
IW It is good to know you are home. What you have done to help your brother is the sign of a true brother and a great person.

A lot of the people have gone home since our fire works are already over. Some of those camped on vacant lots were gone by 10 am the morning after the fire works. The neighbor must have run out of money as he only shot off a few big shells so far. He bought a big Seadoo to go along with his big pontoon. He has a big travel trailer that he bought last year that has not been moved yet this year. He only took it out twice last year.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9257 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:40 AM »
 Good Morning Everyone.  Another Welcome home Jeff,

Looking at another swarm of have to be dragon fly's.  Still see the coopers hawk making trips to my tree gathering building material for its nest.  Not a cloud in the sky, will be another warm one.  Looks like I am the only one that drew the work today straw.  One co-worker said his last day will be the end of this month.  Reason being he said, there will only be so many summers left, and would rather spend them out traveling and fishing, instead of working.  Beginning to think he is right.

Must still have a rat, mouse trap was tripped again, and nothing in it.  :%$#!:

Hope everyone has a great, safe day.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9258 on: Jul 04, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  Happy Fourth Of July to everyone. Hope everyone has a great day. Thank you to all the service men and woman in the service and to all the law enforcement and fire fighters and first responders working today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9259 on: Jul 04, 2017, 06:57 PM »
Greetings everyone having a good time on vacation. I got in a little fishing today no hook ups still felt nice to have a rod in my hands. Hope you all are having a great 4TH of July. First time posting by tablet what a pain.

Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9260 on: Jul 05, 2017, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!   ;D
  Calm and clear on the Hill this am, 60* with a high of 80 expected today.
  Hope everyone enjoyed the day yesterday and safe travels to those who were on the roadways.
  It feels strange starting the work week off on a Wednesday...we've got an early start this am, concrete coming at 6am.
  Steve...glad to hear your vacation is going well Sir, and you're getting some time in on the water! Good luck today if you're fishing, hope you find some biters!!   :thumbsup:
  Bud..amazed the store was open yesterday, wow! Have they increased the % off on everything again to draw in the crowds?
  Marv...have a safe day in the jungle today if you're working Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...once again, welcome home and hope you had a chance to catch up on some R&R and time with the family. How's your garden coming along?
  H2...good luck on the walleyes this morn!   :thumbsup:

Today we will be pouring our first section of colored concrete in the area we've been working on...black concrete.
Crossing fingers the concrete company gets the mixture correct, as slightly too much water will make it marbleized...should be interesting!
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9261 on: Jul 05, 2017, 03:16 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Best of luck with the pour today Eddie :thumbsup:

The gremlins are alive and well here today this is attempt 3 and now I am out of time :%$#!:

Hope everyone had a good Holiday, and had safe travels.

Glad to hear the vacation is going well mr.clean :clap:

Hope you are feeling better WW :thumbsup:

I am off to the jungle for my short week. I am not sure if I am going down tomorrow or working on a side job. I am pulling for the side job.

Good luck to those on the water! Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9262 on: Jul 05, 2017, 03:35 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  coffee is on and diesel is running. Hope everyone had a good fourth. Hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9263 on: Jul 05, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Morning all.  I'm also back to work today.  At least it's going to be a short week.  Welp, better get this show on the road.  :P

Hope everyone has a safe and productive Wednesday.

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9264 on: Jul 05, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone survived all the festivities yesterday  ;)2  Weather in this area sure co-operated nicely.

WS.....sorry to hear the gremlins are back again  :%$#!:
Eddie....hope the cement mix is right, although marblized sounds pretty cool  ;D
MrC...glad the vaca is going well  :clap:
IFF...how much longer do you think your store will be open ???

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9265 on: Jul 05, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Crew, Not really Eddie, still holding at the same % off.  Still moving in augmented items, Some disappointed shoppers.  Fly rod and reels all gone.  Whats left in like the fishing department is what most already have, and don't see it at any bargains.  Will log 40 hours this week, have today and tomorrow off.  Itching to get a morning out on the lake this morning.  Sure was a lot of $$$ went up in smoke with neighborhood fireworks.  Even with the ban on using some of it outside of the commercial ventures.  At least haven't heard of any oops and personal injuries as a results.  Will feel good to get the boat out.  Haven't launched it since May 5th.  ::)

You can keep the gremlins Marv.  So far think they have been knocking on my door but have met  :callcops: :nono:  Hope your plan works out like you prefer.  :thumbsup:

WW not feeling well ?  Don't need any of that eating away at your summer. That is now the most ask question WW, no date as yet, but I have started telling people November 15th.  Devil made me say that, thats my story and I am sticking to it  :roflmao:

Well coffee is on, will be turning on the sprinkler soon even in the dark, and get things rounded up for my morning

lots of 90* days ahead for me is the forecast.

Best to all with what ever day turns out to be.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9266 on: Jul 05, 2017, 05:27 AM »
IFF....November 15th it is then  :roflmao: :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: good luck on the water  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9267 on: Jul 05, 2017, 05:38 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It is 55* and clear skies here on my hill, a nice day ahead. Yesterday was also nice as well! :clap:
                     Eddie........I've never heard of black concrete, my I've seen it and never knew it! ???
                     Steve........I'm glad to hear you got a rod in your hand, I'm sure it felt good! :clap:
                     WW........I hope you have a good day if you and the Mr. are getting out! :flex:
                     WS.........My the gremlins leave your computer while you're at work! :roflmao:
                     Bud........Nov. 15th is that also your last day or are you staying on for the new owners?
                     Last night my wife and I met up with mealworm at the rest area at Exit 22 to watch the Lake George fireworks,
              it was a good view of them and there were about 100 other cars there as well. MW got there around 5:30 and we got
              there about 6pm. Fireworks started at 9:30.
                    I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9268 on: Jul 05, 2017, 07:41 AM »
Extremely quiet around here this morning. Afternoon appointment with my diabetic doc today. I will get to find out what the screwed up urine test and my protein level was all about. I will request another test  to see what it really is.

Hope to get some fishing in tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I missed a meeting on Monday evening to complain about what they are planting. They are only planting bass and ignoring the fact that a lot of us fish to get some fish that are edible. I do not get along with the head of the fish committee so it would have been interesting to see him shaking his head no before I say a word like the last time I was at a meeting. I plan on throwing him a curve ball when I get the pitchers mound. They push killing all of the pike because they are predators. I plan on telling them that since the thousands of bass they plant are also predators I guess it is time to start killing them.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9269 on: Jul 05, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Hope to get some fishing in tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I missed a meeting on Monday evening to complain about what they are planting. They are only planting bass and ignoring the fact that a lot of us fish to get some fish that are edible. I do not get along with the head of the fish committee so it would have been interesting to see him shaking his head no before I say a word like the last time I was at a meeting. I plan on throwing him a curve ball when I get the pitchers mound. They push killing all of the pike because they are predators. I plan on telling them that since the thousands of bass they plant are also predators I guess it is time to start killing them.

Most of the local BassMasters live on my lake(I was a member many moons ago and still have a club jacket).  They completely wiped out the pike population and we had some real dandys.  Dad and I (when I was about 13) caught both a 42" and 36" though the ice one morning.  When the pike were finally eradicated, the lake fish club started stocking walleyes, so I guess I can't complain.  We have to stock them every year, since there's no natural reproduction in our lake being a mud bottom reservoir.  The only fish I've ever had mounted was a 30" 11 lb. walleye caught through the ice in 1994.  The next year another ice fisher pulled one out that was over 12 lbs.  I don't fish for bass either, but I'd take walleyes over pike any day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.