Author Topic: Big Kitty of the Kayak  (Read 1725 times)

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Big Kitty of the Kayak
« on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:28 PM »
Ever since I caught a nice catfish while ice fishing back in February I have been lucky with catfish!

I caught this 8 pounder while kayak fishing for crappie and walleye i got taken for a ride!

Sorry for posting non ice fishing stuff. I like keeping the forum alive!

Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
Re: Big Kitty of the Kayak
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2019, 10:06 AM »
Nice kitty!  You know about the MyFishFinder summer page?  And also Coloradofisherman, too?  Those pages tend to have more action in the summer...with most of the same fishin farts.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2019, 11:25 PM »
Indeed but you fellas are fun to talk to and not into wanting to argue about my videos giving away spots.

Offline dntbeamenace4031

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2019, 12:22 PM »
You're going to need a bigger net  ;D ;)

Nice catch.  I grew up in NJ and was always amazed the stigma people had about fishing for catfish for some reason.  Had a friend who lived on a 3 acre lake, his was the 'popular' house to hang out at on weekends, no one would take my offer to fish from the backyard we were standing in and I routinely caught 10lbs cats.  Always made me wonder if they could grow to that size in a small lake, whats lurking around a real lake/reservoir...with almost no one targeting them. 

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2019, 02:11 AM »
You're going to need a bigger net  ;D ;)

Nice catch.  I grew up in NJ and was always amazed the stigma people had about fishing for catfish for some reason.  Had a friend who lived on a 3 acre lake, his was the 'popular' house to hang out at on weekends, no one would take my offer to fish from the backyard we were standing in and I routinely caught 10lbs cats.  Always made me wonder if they could grow to that size in a small lake, whats lurking around a real lake/reservoir...with almost no one targeting them.
The net has been retired after I caught a big walleye the teeth cut it up pretty bad haha.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.