Author Topic: American Falls  (Read 690 times)

Offline hunter12

• IceShanty Rookie
American Falls
« on: Dec 03, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Just curious,
What is the prospects for American Falls this year. I know it got pretty low, something like 4%.

I have caught some nice fish out of there in the last year or two ( which is the extent of my ice fishing career)
but have never fished it after a draw down like this..   I was hoping to see if I could locate some perch and smallmouth this year,
I was catching 4 lbs smallies out of there last spring.

Offline hunter12

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: American Falls
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2013, 10:06 AM »
I guess what i am basically wanting to know is opinions on whether or not fishing will be worth it since the lake was so low.
did the fish survive the draw down, or are they floating as bait toward Boise?

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2013, 11:01 AM »
The fishing should be OK . Less water same amount of fish . Less places for them to hide . The biggest river in the state flows in and out of the resivior . No reason for them to go through the dam .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2013, 12:37 PM »
the fish will be fine, 4% is still a massive amount of water so they'll survive for sure.

i don't know how much more water there will be by the time the ice is safe, but i can bet that the majority of the bays are going to be un-fishable.

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2014, 04:07 PM »
Went this morning, about 8' of water around the edge by the dam boat ramp all the way along the bank as far as the eye could see. We went to chesterfield.
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.