Author Topic: Winchester Lakes State Park  (Read 1333 times)

Offline icefishingnut

• IceShanty Rookie
Winchester Lakes State Park
« on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Does anyone know if there is enough ice to fish at Winchester Lakes yet?  I am wanting to make a trip up for some bluegills from Boise.  Also, does anyone know the lodging situation there?  Are there cabins/yurts to rent?  Cost??  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Kevin

idfishnhunt

Re: Winchester Lakes State Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:32 PM »
I don't think there is any lodging there.  Might have to stay in Grangeville or there is a bed and breakfast in Cottonwood.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 01:22 PM »
yurts are open i believe. google winchester state park yurts

idfishnhunt

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 01:49 PM »
I stand corrected, trusty old internet.  I've always fished from the east side, so didn't know there was any.

Offline Ziceman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2013, 02:44 PM »
I called the gas station in Winchester last weekend and they said there was 3" of ice on the lake.  Been pretty cold this week so I am sure there is more than that now.  There is Yurts in the state park.  I believe it is somthing like 30-50$ range a night.  I have not been up there yet so I could not give you a good fishing report.  Last winter was tough comparatively unless you were trout fishing.

Offline idaho4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2013, 01:39 AM »
Talked to a buddy who was up there today.  He said that there was 4" of good clear ice with water and snow on top.  Sounded like they were catching some trout and a buzz.  The Yurts are open during the winter and they run about $50/night.  I highly recommend them as they are warm and have easy access to the water.  There are also some cabin rentals at the winchester lake lodge that are very affordable but you will need to drive your gear to the lake in the morning.  Good luck! 

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2013, 11:07 PM »
Been fishing Winchester for three weeks already.

Jim

Offline Liprippa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2013, 02:49 AM »
I am planning on heading to Winchester the week of the 21.  I will be looking for crappie primarily if anyone has any tips or tricks they would like to share that would be great.  If you are out there and see a red eskimo pop up shelter feel free to stop by and say hello I always like running into other fellow iceshantians.

idfishnhunt

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Any new reports on the ice?

Offline Ziceman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2013, 12:41 AM »
5" of ice  with 4" of snow slush on top of that.  Take your rubber boots!

Offline Liprippa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:49 AM »
8" of ice with a couple of inches of snow fishing was pretty slow for us yesterday but today is another day. there were alot of people on the ice yesterday only one guy did i see doing well.  good luck out there and keep your stick on the ice.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:39 PM »
Just got back from a trip today, ice hasen't changed much, probably only about 1" inch of snow though, ice is good in all locations, fish are not by the boat launch lol, one dink perch and a couple smaller gills today and that's it.

Offline croghmag

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2013, 12:48 PM »
anyone been fishing winchester lake recently ? Headed there this weekend.  THANKS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.