Author Topic: 'Nana' Hogger's First ever ice trip!!!  (Read 1321 times)

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
'Nana' Hogger's First ever ice trip!!!
« on: Mar 11, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Finally got my better half out on the ice/water today. The top at Cascade had puddles when we got there! 38degrees at the boat ramp at 8:30am.
The edges were really solid and the temps were dropping as we left at 2:30 The wind? Sustained 15-20mph while we were fishing....40mph sustained while we were digging the 4wheeler out of a drift at the boat ramp, LOL!!!

My wife had the first fish, 13", out of the hole within 3 minutes of putting the first pole in.

She was a trooper considering that wind may have kept alot of people off the ice.

We came home with 27-30 fish! All but 4 over 12", with 4 over 14" I do have to admit that she did most the catching. But when I have a guest that isn't a hardcore angler....that's what usually happens. By the way, this was her first time ever seeing the Jigger Totters in action. She said the JT's make the fishing a whole new form of exercise because of all the running from pole to pole. LOL

All the gear is now put away now and the busy begins. But I was truly....Lucky? Blessed? Fortunate? (whatever you want to call it) For a wonderful, fun, safe and exciting season....

Hogger

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 'Nana' Hogger's First ever ice trip!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:03 PM »
OMG!!!! A dot here, an underscore there.......drives a simple man insane!!!!!! Finally figured out the pic thing.....

Glad the JT's aren't this hard to use, LOL

Hogger

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2012, 09:28 PM »
WOW what a great haul.....my fillet knife is overheating just looking at those hogs....great way to end the season and even better way to introduce momma to the sport!
BOWHUNTER68

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:01 PM »
 :o..... your a hogger.....  ;D
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2012, 10:54 PM »
You gotta love it when the wife goes and has a good time! It looks like there has been some awesome "end of the season" or "near end of the season"  trips happening. What an awesome ice year this has been. I hope to squeak one more in before it's all over.

Sweet pics, Hogger!

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2012, 05:39 AM »
Awesome pics and pile of fish. Always nice to get the ladies out for a trip of some catchin.. JT

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Thanks Guys, this has been an awesome year on the ice and on the "Shanty"!!!

We got the new 'Team Spudsickle' logo up and flyin'. We've had a ton of newbies join.

And we were blessed with one helluva room moderator! JT, we know you didn't have the season back in Indy that you were hoping for. But we hope that you were able to share some of our excitement as posted both pics and reports. You have been fantastic in keeping us in order, organized and running. Sincerely, Thank  you! We couldn't have asked for a better mod.

And a big congratulations go out to The Chief and Duckslayer!!! I believe both of you have finished first in the 2012 Ice Shanty online tourney. Team Spudsickle has made a name for itself and next year....1st thru 3rd on the perch category perhaps?

Hogger

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2012, 05:42 AM »
Thanks Hogger,I do have to say it was definatly nice to see all of the good post everyone one you put up.I absoutly got to live on the ice with great stories and pics that were put up on the Idaho board,you all should be proud. Our season around Indy was really about 2 days on shakey ice (3 or less),but made several 3 and 6 hour trips north to get about 14 days on ice.For the lack of ice around here the catchs were outstanding for everyone around here.
 It also was great to see the Trny board with all the winners from both Idaho and Indiana... JT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.