Author Topic: Best LED's for flip over???  (Read 2277 times)

Offline BassWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
Best LED's for flip over???
« on: Dec 03, 2021, 05:43 PM »
After going through two sets of otter l.e.d.'s in my Otter xt cabin im trying to see what everyone else is doing. Both sets were super bright when I bought them. The first set lasted about a week and some of the lights went out and it sucked. Super dim. Second set lasted like two months of actual use. I put my shanty away and now this set has the same issue as the first. Not looking to waste my money again.Thanks!

Offline Danfarmer30

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best LED's for flip over???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2021, 06:11 PM »
Hawg outdoors. Best lights around man.  You’ll love them I promise.   Great customer service too

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2021, 08:06 PM »
Luminoodle.

Offline blackshirt7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2021, 09:59 PM »
I’ve had the best luck with the adhesive backed waterproof led’s. Had them on for a couple years now and still as bright as they ever were. Have them on 2 roof supports and under the lip of the sled, on separate switches.

Offline wyler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2021, 01:24 PM »
I’ve had the best luck with the adhesive backed waterproof led’s. Had them on for a couple years now and still as bright as they ever were. Have them on 2 roof supports and under the lip of the sled, on separate switches.

X2 this advice I just run gator clips and use whatever 12v battery is closest

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2022, 04:43 PM »
Near the bottom of the first page of my build in my sig, I used adhesive backed LED strips on the poles, and then wrapped them tightly in clear gorilla tape to protect and further waterproof them. I am still on the original set that I put on more than 5 years ago.

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2022, 08:07 PM »
Hawg Outdoors.  Nothing even close. 

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2022, 07:24 AM »
I looked at this over the years, and decided to go with the waterproof LED's off Amazon.  Used the adhesive backing and zip ties to hold in my flip-over.  These have lasted me for the last 6 yrs and still going strong.  I have separate LED lights in the sled on separate switches.  There was an old thread here that went over the options for switching, so decided to make up a quick little panel to mount on the side of my corner console.  Love the setup and have used these in my hub and smaller flip-over. 

I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.