Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1637747 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20940 on: Sep 30, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Good afternoon WS and all ER's    I got a letter from Bud and he slid in a couple hand tied ice flies watch out blue gills. Thanks Bud
                 Good man, Bud.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20941 on: Sep 30, 2020, 10:03 PM »
Good evening rain to start the day then sun and wind by noon time. I agree last night's debate left much to be desired. Received an interesting phone call about the recent spike in number of Covid-19 cases for my county reminder to wear a mask,wash hands and social distance plus a website to visit for more information. Majority of the new cases are from one section of my county  hopefully floks listen and there is not a second wave of infections to date there have been 12,075 positive cases and 499 deaths.
Eddie upsetting when you lose a post. Hope you had a nice mid week day off. Guessing the bosses had no back up plan for the rain.
Ice Wanderer you maybe correct about muscle damage since the strength level of your hand is not improving with the exercise program. How many day/days project is your new roof they are talking rain again on Friday here in the Mid Hudson Valley.
Hunts2long glad your wife had a good visit with her heart doctor and some of her concerns got addressed.
Wallyworld from your photo of the pie thought the filling was either some type of berry or cherries realize you could have posted a photo you have on file. Do you have ice cream in your house to enjoy with a slice of the apple pie.
Whopper Stopper may you and eddie have a better time posting tomorrow. Nice that you had oak to process into firewood from two of your recent tree jobs.
Old Goat may the ice flies help you catch some big blue gills this season.
IFF/Bud very nice of you to send Old Goat the ice flies.

Stay safe everyone. Best to all with fishing and hunting plans.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20942 on: Oct 01, 2020, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to October!   :clap:
51 and clear this am,  high of 63.

Steve...no back up plan, running on a tight budget. That was quite a phone call you received, hopefully things won't get out of hand again!   :thumbsup:
  OG. ..you'll have to keep us posted on the flies. ...good luck with the bluegills!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...well done and a fine job on the kickstand!!   :bow:
  Marv...ouch on the 2 lost posts!  Will you be heading to the treestand this weekend? Believe today is the opening day of bow season here.
  Wally...we got about 2" of rain here, was hoping your area got more!  ;D Heading back up that way again on Saturday for another try at the salmon. Beautiful looking pie!!   :thumbsup:
  H2..glad everything went well for your wife's appointment.  :thumbsup:  Did the river come up anymore?
  Jeff. ..hope your appointment went well,  best of luck with the roof today!    :thumbsup:
  Dave. ..that was an awesome video,  thanks for sharing that with us!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Watched the debate as well,  nothing to add.
  We're getting closer to the finish line on our sidewalk project. A few more rain free days will wrap it up.
  Understand we are going back on the marble. ..must have released some $$.   Time to get ready for another shift. ..Cawfee's on!
  Have a great day all, be safe,  best of luck to those fishing & hunting! 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20943 on: Oct 01, 2020, 04:54 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 49* here on this 1st day of October. ::)
                          Eddie........My eye appointment well very well, the Dr. said that if he didn't know OI had diabetes that he couldn't see it in my eyes.
                 Also said that I read the chart like a teenager. :thumbsup: :clap: Have fun on the concrete today. :flex:
                          Marv.........I hope losing post isn't the start of a trend. :whistle:
                          Steve.......The guy doing my roof is working alone, he said that the front side should take a day or day and a half. The back side should
                 take a little longer because it is cut up. :unsure:
                          Wally we ended up with just over 3" of rain from when it started Tuesday night into Wednesday. :o
                          H2l...........I'm glad your wife's appointment was a good one. :flex:
                          OG............Let us know how the flies do, :thumbsup: I've never tried fly fishing. :blink:
                          The roofer said he'd be here around 7:30 this morning. I have therapy at 11.
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20944 on: Oct 01, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

48 with a pesty wind, frost warnings for tonight :icefish:

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good day on the marble :thumbsup: No hunting this weekend, but it won't be long.

IW best of luck at therapy. Hope the roof man gets good weather for the project :thumbsup:

WW what's on your agenda.....An oven, three wheels, or a prop   :thumbsup:

h2l Congrats to your wife on a good appointment :thumbsup:

This morning will be our walk, we got rained out yesterday. Then I have to look at a tree job compliments of the lady I worked for Tuesday. She has a friend that needs some trees tuned up. Then back to cracking some wood.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20945 on: Oct 01, 2020, 05:47 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....excellent report from the eye doc  :thumbsup:  fingers crossed you get a stretch of dry days so the roofer can get the job done w/o interruption  ;)

Eddie......not sure how much rain they got up at the river, any amount will definitely be a plus  ;)2

MrC.....that's the first I've heard of telephone calls about covid  :blink: 

WS.....you must have enough firewood to last thru the next ice age  :roflmao:  today will be an oven day  ;)2

Some baking to do today, plans are to head east tomorrow to visit the grandkids  :clap: :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20946 on: Oct 01, 2020, 09:55 AM »
Good Day off Morning, at least for me.  Paying the price for putting all my weight on my lower ribs reaching for something, just out of reach, felt a "pop" on bottom rib, thinking I might have fractured it.  Seems awful tender.  Will just have to take it easy on my old bones  :whistle:

Still in a little warm up, will see about making an adjustment to hearing aids, still a little to much volume, that distorts what its picking up.

Had supper with the kids last night, that was a treat.  Expect that will happen a lot more often as time goes on, instead of only seeing them on just the birth days, and holidays.

Time to get at it, burning daylight.  May even rebuild the kitchen faucet, as its beginning to drip.  :nono: Will check with a friend that needs a lock opened, he can't find his key.

safe trip Pat, your taking baked goods to spoil the grand kids ?

Good day to all.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20947 on: Oct 01, 2020, 09:18 PM »
 Good evening nice day high around seventy dropping down into the fifties overnight. I believe the reason for the phone call is because in the month of September there were one hundred new Covid-19 cases. Currently our county executive is not calling for any business closures or other precautions since majority of the new cases are from one part of the county.
Eddie depending on the weather in Albany tomorrow you might end up with another day off they are calling for rain in my area.
Ice Wanderer may your area of NY. stay dry tomorrow so the roofer can work. Hope today's therapy session was a good one.
Wallyworld Have a safe trip to MA. and a good time with your grandchildren.
Whopper Stopper did you get all of the wood split and stacked.
IFF may one of your ribs not be fractured . Nice that you got to spend some time with your kids.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20948 on: Oct 02, 2020, 12:18 AM »
Whoa, Trump just tested positive for covid-19
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20949 on: Oct 02, 2020, 04:37 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 47* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Bud.......You need to take it easy on yourself, sometimes the slightest movement the wrong way you can do things to yourself
                that are not good. I hope you feel better soon. :unsure:
                         Steve....I looked at the radar and I'm on the edge of some moisture, I don't think it's hitting the ground. Yesterday the roofer got
                the purlins in place, he said he'd be back today to do the back side. :whistle:
                         Wally.....Safe travels to Mass. :thumbsup:
                          Marv.....I hope you got the wood split and stacked. :unsure:
                          Yesterday therapy went well. And the roofer did a great job.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

Here is what the roofer got done by himself.

The colors around are just eye popping.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20950 on: Oct 02, 2020, 04:59 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....the colors have been amazing this fall, looking forward to driving thru the Berkshire mountains today  :thumbsup:

MrC......seems there's pockets of large covid cases showing up in a lot of areas around the country  :(

WS......back to cutting or splitting today  ???  tires me out just thinking about all that work  :blink:

Eddie.....good luck tomorrow if heading to the river  ;)2

IFF.....hope your ribs are feeling better today  :-\  nice to hear the kids are coming around more often  :clap:  yep always looking to spoil the grandkids   ;D  should be interesting to see how the president and first lady handle the positive test results  :whistle:

brookies

apple cider donut cake

Have a great weekend, I'll be on my phone so any reports will be short  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20951 on: Oct 02, 2020, 05:40 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

It is still at 38, expecting it to dip below freezing before dawn :icefish:

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good wrap to the week. Good luck if fishing this weekend :thumbsup:

IW it looks like he got a good start :thumbsup:

mr.clean I got done splitting for the time being.

WW safe travels, the baked goods look awesome!  :clap: :clap:

Yesterday it rained most of the afternoon but I worked through it and finished splitting all the oak I had laying around. I should have enough made for this winter and next. My s-i-l has 4 dead oaks that I plan on knocking the tops out of and chipping. The stubs will stand until next fall when I get an urge to split some more.

Time to load up my wife and go for a walk.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20952 on: Oct 02, 2020, 06:33 AM »
46* and light rain.

Thoughts and prayers to the President and the First Lady and all those with C-19. The NEWS will have a field day with this.

IW, the roofing job looks good.

WW, safe travels. Are the kids able to play any sports?

We had to go to Tarrytown yesterday. Left at 6am and got home about 3pm. That was after stopping to see Rocky and to pick-up an apple pie Lindsay made for us. The Doctor appt went well. Wife has a spot on her leg (not cancer) that they are going to remove on Oct. 13 in NYC. I will have to look up what it is called, but pretty common in transplant patients.

Now, about the fall colors. In our travels there seems to be pockets of great color, then some and in other areas none. But they do seem to go fast once they start. The rain we got earlier this week knocked a of them down.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20953 on: Oct 02, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Prayers for the President and First Lady. Was warned about doing to much when we moved and my headache increased. Tues went to my parents grave because it was the third anniversary of her passing. I insisted on planting the plants. Now I aggravated my back. My wife is working today and she has 2 and 1/2 weeks off in the middle of October. More injections then.

Hunts2long, Thats good news your wife’s appointment went well. Continuing prayers for her. Nothing better then a homemade apple pie.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you and your wife have a good walk. Sounds like you have quite the stockpile of firewood.

WallyWorld, Safe trip to Massachusetts. Berkshire’s are beautiful. Are your grandkids playing in any sports? Those cakes look delicious.

Ice Wanderer, Thats good news the therapy is going well. That is a very nice house. Roofer is doing a nice job. Those trees are definitely colorful. Thank you for sharing.

IFF, Go easy on those ribs. That’s good you got to see your kids.

Mr Clean, There does seem to be a abundance in positive Covid cases. Boston went in the red yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Be safe and remember to wear a mask. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20954 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Got a price for my glasses from Kaiser, $490, time to look somewhere else,  Think I will get an X-Ray and check out the ribs.  Loaded the slow cooker. Now time to hit the ditch.
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20955 on: Oct 02, 2020, 08:55 AM »
$490!!!!!

They better be x-ray specs for that price!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20956 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:05 AM »
X2    :woot: :cookoo: :nono: :wacko: :%$#!:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20957 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:54 AM »
X3 :woot: :woot: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20958 on: Oct 02, 2020, 10:12 AM »
$490!!!!!

They better be x-ray specs for that price!!!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I don’t share much on this wonderful thread, but like to help out where I can.

If you have the prescription, try this company. Bride and I have had good success, for 4 pairs from them. Can we a little tricky if you have to use their tool for pupil distance (PD), so make sure you get that from your optician

https://www.39dollarglasses.com/

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20959 on: Oct 02, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Top of the day ER's!! Just dropping a quick note to say my dr. came up with plan 'B' and I go in on Monday to get my right leg done. Depending on how that goes, he'll schedule my left leg for a later date. Everyone stay well, stay safe, and have a great weekend!! :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20960 on: Oct 02, 2020, 06:45 PM »
Good evening had some rain this morning then sunshine for the rest of daylight hours. Prayer said that the President,First lady and others in the white House and Washington,DC. have quick recoveries fro their Covid-19 infections.
Ice Wander hope the weather guessers were correct and the roofer got the purlins installed on the back section of your roof. we are a week or more behind you with the leaf color  change.
Wallyworld with regards to the recent spike in Covid-19 cases in my county  majority are from a town with a large Orthodox Jewish population. Good looking cakes for your grandchildren. Have a good visit with them.
Hunts2long enjoy the apple pie. Best to your wife with the upcoming operation.
Icefisher-45 may your headaches and back pain be subsiding and the next round of injections provide some relief.
IFF I paid a similar price for my last pair of eyeglasses at my eye doctor. Hope the x-rays show no fractures in your ribs.
OldSailor best to you on Monday. Glad your doctor came up with a plan B .
ActiveTrapChecker thank you for the information on eyeglasses. In my case the cost was out of my pocket as my eye doctor does not accept my insurance could look for another doctor but have been a patient of this practice for at least forty years.
Eddie safe travel and good fishing for you this weekend.

Have a good night ,stay safe .
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20961 on: Oct 02, 2020, 07:42 PM »
Good Evening Everyone,
  Broadcasting live from the Red Carpet Inn in Pulaski NY, loll. Planned on camping out but had some rain here, more possibly tonight. ...grabbed a cheap room for the evening..
  Got up here about 2, solo, fished till sunset. Lots more salmon in the river than last weekend. ..hooked a few,  nothing landed. 
  Meeting up with the boys tomorrow at 6am...will try to give some stream updates!     ;D

Jeff...the roof is looking  really nice!  Beautiful job and home!   :clap:
   Wally...hope you have safe travels to Mass, those treats are amazing. ..I want them with my coffee tomorrow!!   ;D  :bow:
  Marv...that cold weather should help get those bucks going!  Hope the tree job goes well.   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad the appointment went well for your wife, how was the pie?  :thumbsup:
  I-45...glad to see you post, have been wondering how you're doing! You're a good son....hope those back ailments are a thing of the past soon. ..best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:
  Bud....wow on the glasses! I don't wear them....yet...but that sounds crazy high? , :woot:
  Active Trap Checker...you're always welcome here. ...thank you for the info!    :thumbsup:
    OS...all the best to you with Monday's appointment!    :thumbsup:
  Steve. ..thank you,  got a good feeling we'll get our fun landing a few tomorrow.    :thumbsup:

Keeping the President and First Lady in thoughts and prayers.
 Time for one more beer and another episode of Gunsmoke before calling it a night... ;D
 Have a good evening all....

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20962 on: Oct 02, 2020, 09:49 PM »
The crock pot did a great job of my supper, the left over will be lunch tomorrow.  Pretty tasty if I do say myself.

Snapped pictures of next two weeks work schedule.  See I will be it with no one to play tag....your it with,  for the next two weeks  :woot: :woot: half the usual crew will be on vacations.  They finally opened up computer access, so I can print the price tags.  Only took them from when I rejoined back in June.  The scanners are still a joke though  :cookoo: :%$#!:

I think the discomfort with the rib area is calmed down quite a bit so will play hooky in the morning hours and go in at noon instead of 10, need to make sure fishing budd has a good net man  :whistle: :whistle: :laugh:

OS, what's with the legs I must have missed it  :unsure:

Dave, yeah at that price, should demand they have night vision as well  ::)

:roflmao: :roflmao: covid sounds as good as bone spurs now days  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Take care all I will be thinking about you'all
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20963 on: Oct 03, 2020, 05:14 AM »
Morning all,

Made the trip out here no problems, some rain and fog.

Grandson had flag football game under the lights last night, his team won 6-0 !! Hockey hockey and more hockey today along with field hockey and soccer thrown in the mix. Some places let spectators in others only allow 1 adult. 

OS...good luck with plan B !!

IFF....glad the ribs are doing better.

Have a good day. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20964 on: Oct 03, 2020, 06:46 AM »
44* and some fog.
Eddie, you must have been ready to roll when you got home from work. Have a great weekend. River came up a couple inches here.
WW, good that the kids are back to playing some sports.
IFF, the "crock pot" was a good invention.
The apple pie is great.
The wife was informed late in the day that she has to have a PICC line put back in. An infection, in her body, has returned. She was not a happy camper last night. Just too much to deal with at one time. She is better this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20965 on: Oct 03, 2020, 06:48 AM »
H2L....thoughts and prayers to MrsH2

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20966 on: Oct 03, 2020, 07:17 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Heading north in a few minutes going to check out the cameras. Getting a late start as last night was a poor one for sleeping.

h2l best wishes and prayers for your wife.

I will check in this afternoon.

Have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20967 on: Oct 03, 2020, 08:44 AM »
IFF, PM sent!! ;)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20968 on: Oct 03, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Good Morning ER's  wishing OS and H2L good health. Cloudy cool day here.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20969 on: Oct 03, 2020, 06:45 PM »
Good evening everyone :thumbsup:

We got back from the shack around 2:30pm. The camera at the second ladder stand was a dud, but the one at my main stand showed some activity.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.