The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2009 Boysen Bash Pictures  (Read 5492 times)

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2009 Boysen Bash Pictures
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:08 AM »
  What is kind of funny is on the 19th I caught 2 rainbows in the same spot during the day time.  I think that one of them would have been a money fish because it bottomed out my 5 lb kitchen scale after it was cleaned. I was sure that I was going to catch  a big trout more than the walleyes. The trout fisherman kicked it with over 40 fish over 4lbs.  Way to go.  I also am a protégé of a great Boysen fisherman and it’s not what I know but what he was willing to teach me and what I was willing to hear, but mostly luck 
One last note; the 4 lb 13 oz walleye when cleaned had a rock the size of a shooter marble in his stomach and all this time I thought I had to spend $4 to $5 a dozen for bait.  Now I just have to figure out how to put a rock on my hook.
olefish

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:40 PM »
Here are some of the cats that we got into. It wasnt very good fishing but it was fun none the less. I think I took third and my buddy took 1st.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Shoot I thought they took. Here we go again

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:57 PM »
Great looking bunch of cats Bill, congrats to the both of you on the prizes...  :tipup: LT/ISM

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2009, 02:09 PM »
Nice cats and I was told that the cats were fished out.... I have only caught 2 through the ice ever, but I do not try to fish for them either.  You do not have to answer but if you can do you fish structure, flats, the channel and what type of depth?  The old guy I fish with caught a 16+ within 200 yards of the spot I was fishing last year and It was in the river channel.   I fish for them in the spring and use big sucker minnows and catch a few over t3n lbs but nothing like you folks do..  Again great job.
olefish

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2009, 04:08 PM »
great job bohman77,you guys definitely had a great spot,I'm waiting for my day there with the cats
Randy

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2009, 07:13 PM »
nice cats. how do they taste out of boysen i never kept a channel cat over three pounds out of warm southern waters. because i learned real quick they tasted like mud.

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2009, 07:34 PM »
i kept one about 8 pounds that I caught out of muddy over memorial day weekend. you could only see a couple inches in the water it was so muddy, but that fish was quite tasty, not strong at all
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2009, 07:40 PM »
well if one of them has the misfortune of finding one of my jigs or tipups i will give it a try ;)

Offline PAT93

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2009, 09:21 PM »
Nice cats and I was told that the cats were fished out.... I have only caught 2 through the ice ever, but I do not try to fish for them either.  You do not have to answer but if you can do you fish structure, flats, the channel and what type of depth?  The old guy I fish with caught a 16+ within 200 yards of the spot I was fishing last year and It was in the river channel.   I fish for them in the spring and use big sucker minnows and catch a few over t3n lbs but nothing like you folks do..  Again great job.

\Don't tell Bill,  to the death my friend  !!!!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2009, 10:35 PM »
Nice Cats and Rainbow bohman77

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2009, 11:08 PM »
Sorry guys if I don't divulge to much info as to the whereabouts of those fish. I can say I stumbled upon it a few years ago and am very secretive for both selfish reasons and for the fish's sake. Thanks for all the kind words. About the taste: nothing beats that cold water catfish.

Bill

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2009, 12:14 AM »
Sorry guys if I don't divulge to much info as to the whereabouts of those fish. I can say I stumbled upon it a few years ago and am very secretive for both selfish reasons and for the fish's sake. Thanks for all the kind words. About the taste: nothing beats that cold water catfish.

Bill

I would recommend you blur out the backgrounds if you want to keep it a secret. anyone who knows the lake can figure out where you are pretty easily. I've had more than one spot get mobbed from that.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Sorry for being misleading I did not want your location but was trying to figure out if I had that type of environment were I like to fish.  I think the East side should have some cats to. I agree about your pictures, I can tell  the part of the lake you are in.
olefish

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:52 AM »
I would recommend you blur out the backgrounds if you want to keep it a secret. anyone who knows the lake can figure out where you are pretty easily. I've had more than one spot get mobbed from that.

I'm not saying I don't trust the guys on here, giving and taking info is part of what the site is about. but anyone in the world can see them andd there are some jerks out there.

Offline stumpm2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 28, 2009, 12:42 PM »

Bill

Nice cats!  Not trying to figure out your location, but I was just curious as to how deep you were fishing.  All of the cats I have caught at Boysen have come from less than 10' and I was wondering what your experiences have been.  It was slow fishing for me at the Bash, but got a 5lb 2oz trout and lost a 10+lb trout at the hole (my brother cut the line with gaft when the fish spun) it was a real hog of a trout.

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 28, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Sorry for being misleading I did not want your location but was trying to figure out if I had that type of environment were I like to fish.  I think the East side should have some cats to. I agree about your pictures, I can tell  the part of the lake you are in.

I apologize if I came across as a jerk because I am far from that.  Good spots are rare and even better ones are rarer. I got lucky a few years back and I am very thankfull for that.  If you know Boysen however, a general vicinity doesn't really always guarantee success this spot is very deceiving.  Depth didn't really matter with these fish this time however sometimes it does.  I'm going to beat a dead horse and reiterate that I'm not a jerk just a guy that loves to fish and is thrilled to have a secret spot that only a handfull know about.  Good fishing to all.

Bill

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 28, 2009, 05:14 PM »
i had no intention of meaning that your a jerk, from everything i've heard your a  great guy and obviously a great fisherman. but those people that would attempt to use backgrounds to find spots instead of finding their own spots, i find are the jerks of the fishing world.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #48 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Bohman77-Your inbox is full bud. Wanted to shoot you a PM.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #49 on: Jan 12, 2010, 03:57 PM »
i had no intention of meaning that your a jerk, from everything i've heard your a  great guy and obviously a great fisherman. but those people that would attempt to use backgrounds to find spots instead of finding their own spots, i find are the jerks of the fishing world.

here, here.  do your own homework

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Bohman77-Your inbox is full bud. Wanted to shoot you a PM.
I just cleared my inbox.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.