Author Topic: Wabigoon multi species report.  (Read 787 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Wabigoon multi species report.
« on: Feb 08, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Hi all,

Got out for a couple of hours on Lake Wabigoon this morning. Instead of sledding out I went further up the lake and drove out of the Reserve's landing to almost the middle of the lake. 24' FOW, light action rods with spoons and minnow heads. Started slow but at 11am it went nuts and caught a bunch of crappie, a tullibee, a jumbo perch, a huge Jackfish, and some sauger and walleye. The sauger and walleye were small but I ended up keeping the ones that blow out their swim bladders. Nice bunch of fish for my neighbour, I don't have time to clean or eat them as I am heading to the Caribbean in 2 days for 2 weeks of sun, sand, family, and FISHING!

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wabigoon multi species report.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 04:40 AM »
Crappie, perch, sauger, walleye, pike and herring out of the same hole?  Sounds like an alright time. ;D  Though I think I'd have sent the tulibee back down to trade up for a jack.

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Re: Wabigoon multi species report.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Crappie, perch, sauger, walleye, pike and herring out of the same hole?  Sounds like an alright time. ;D  Though I think I'd have sent the tulibee back down to trade up for a jack.

There is a slot size for pike here, none over 27", the pike was 36"! That Herring is salted and in the freezer....gonna use it for Lake Trout.
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.