Author Topic: collins lake 2018  (Read 1149 times)

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
collins lake 2018
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Well boys I ventured out to Collins lake yesterday...... went off of lake field..... and I am sad to say that there is still a lot of ice fishing boys leaving garbage on the lake and at the parking area  >:( ..I grabbed some stuff before I left ... if something dose not change we wont have parking or access anymore down there...... anyways back to fishing... I went out off the trail and found about 6 inches of top water about 100 yards off shore only on the right side of the trail... also found out my boots have a hole in the one  :o ... went to the left side of the trail and drilled some holes... 8" of black ice ... only stayed out for 2 hours and caught 1 bass, one mudcat, and one sunfish, nothing to take home but I did get out.... windy and cold out there. but a good 2 hours anyway
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline Splake_Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: collins lake 2018
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:03 AM »
I wish people had more respect.  I've been down there twice now and took garbage with me both times.  They have locked that gate in the past for this very reason.  People suck.

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 01:26 PM »
I have other ways to get on but not as easy as this one, all it takes is some respect for others property.. nice enough to plow a spot to park so just keep it clean
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline hardwaternewbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Anyone been out on Collins Lake lately?  Any reports?

Offline Morristhecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:51 AM »
I was out yesterday off the west end, out just past the shacks about 14" of ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.