Author Topic: Quinte Ice 2018  (Read 5373 times)

Kingston K

Re: Quinte Ice 2018
« Reply #30 on: Feb 02, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Thanks, I'm from the Ottawa area so I don't know a whole lot about how thick the ice gets out there. It's pushing 20" of really good clear ice on my lake and there's trucks everywhere.

Thanks again for the info.

Offline EG3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Would not recommend driving a truck out there anywhere I’ve been there many times this winter have never seen a truck or car on Quinte’s ice and this year has been a great year for ice There are lots of places you can walk off from with good safe ice I have seen atvs and sleds out in certain areas We walk out all the time most spots are pretty walkable

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:01 PM »
How deep is the snow around Sherman's?  Anyone out there today? Think an ATV would get stuck?

Offline IveGotWorms

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hunting giant eyes
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Be careful out there anywhere on the reach and down current.  An atv went through the other day in the reach, the driver was rescued and the atv is now structure on the bottom.  Snow and now warmth is making those areas sketchy.  I haven't been that way or on Shearmans this year as I tend to fish big bay and west.  Personally I wouldn't take an atv anywhere in those areas but that's just me.  Hay Bay may be do able again haven't been there this year.  Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.