Author Topic: Hey Trapperdirk  (Read 2510 times)

Offline kokanee

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Trapperdirk
« on: Nov 02, 2005, 12:51 PM »
I've got the week off between x-mas and new years....was wondering if there is "normally" safe ice by then,up your way,I'd like to plan a trip for a few days.

Thanks

trapperdirk

Re: Hey Trapperdirk
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Yes there should be some safe ice on some of the lakes by then but it will vary from lake to lake and also the amount of snow we receive during freeze up .Please don't take any chances though or stake your life on my info but if I can find out about a particular lake for you and give you it's thickness for you to judge yourself then I will . Some of the bigger ones will not be good that early because as a rule they freeze last and that could be more towards the middle of January .
   Also check with your local tackle shops .

TD

Offline kokanee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Thats great news, how about a lake near the "shmealer"(Sp?) ,or perhaps, if your going out during that week and wouldn't mind some company......

hali-man

Hey TD
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2005, 07:42 AM »
How much is a non-resident fishing license in Ontario?

Offline Slop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2005, 01:25 PM »
A 1 year sport licence is $62.50 (valid for calender year)

A 7 day sport licence is $40.00

There are other options, but i thought these 2 would be the most commonly purchased by non-residents. Hope this helps hali-man!

hali-man

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Thank you, sir!

trapperdirk

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Thats great news, how about a lake near the "shmealer"(Sp?) ,or perhaps, if your going out during that week and wouldn't mind some company......

That area can be dicey because of the river current which it's fed by but I'm sure we can find you something else Kokanee if that area is no good . ;)

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.