Author Topic: Is it TIME yet????  (Read 3719 times)

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
Is it TIME yet????
« on: Oct 05, 2005, 09:32 PM »
So I am not alone... ;D i see others are getting the itch as well LOL  ;)

trapperdirk

Re: Is it TIME yet????
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2005, 05:39 AM »

You betcha I got the itch Minnow . ;) Lets see now I've already fired up the power auger, checked all my lines,charged up the battery on the Marcum LX-3 flasher,been buying any icefishing lures and jigs I can find,setup the portable in the living room and making sure no holes need attending too, and by golly gee I have been haggling with the guy at the bait shop over another portable hut that is a flipover . ;) ;D . Yeah I'm sure I got the itch and sniffing for ice every morning . ;D

TD

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2005, 06:42 PM »

Careful how you say that Minnow.....Some of us work in health care proffessions.......don't want to get the wrong idea about you :o.....makes me think I should reccomend you go for STD testing ;D. I'm sure you meant the hardwater itch ??? Right ???
Speaking of crabs, my buddy that lives close to the ocean brought me some huge dungeness crab. Wife is cooking them up as I type :P The garlic butter is warming :P He also brought 20lbs of halibut, 2 big cohos, and a few packs of Sitka blacktail (never tried this before, but he raves about them, however he doesn't mind the swamp Mulies around here).

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2005, 08:41 AM »
LOL

Thats the thing when I type...sometimes I fortget to think about other interpretations LOL
Yes the hard water itch is what I am talking about for sure!!
I think I will have to start shopping for a power auger this year. Sounds like I will be doing more ice fishing north, where the ice is much thicker than where I like to fish close to home. The hand auger does good but I want to spend my time fishing not drilling the hole LOL

My best fishing buddy (besides brave1) has a clam that I like quite a bit, might have to invest in one!!Or make sure I take her with me when I go out LOL ;)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2005, 07:54 AM »
Your girlfriend has a clam.....I won't go there ;)2.....Yes power augers are nice if you have thick ice or need to drill alot of holes ;D. Hope your enjoying the itch ;)2

Offline GBFISHER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2005, 07:08 PM »
umm what are we talkng about?..itching...and um that other thing ya said... :o I cant wait till hard water season starts... ;D
Go Fish!........crush a gobie!

Offline Slop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2005, 08:05 PM »
You betcha I got the itch Minnow . ;) Lets see now I've already fired up the power auger, checked all my lines,charged up the battery on the Marcum LX-3 flasher,been buying any icefishing lures and jigs I can find,setup the portable in the living room and making sure no holes need attending too, and by golly gee I have been haggling with the guy at the bait shop over another portable hut that is a flipover . ;) ;D . Yeah I'm sure I got the itch and sniffing for ice every morning . ;D

TD
Thats hillarious Trapper!!.....Is it time yet?......NO!...just hanging around and dying of old age...it's taking too long ::)

Offline Whisper Woman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Hey minnow You definitely need a power auger if your heading north

My goodnees I aint never seen ice so thick as I have up in Trapper"s country...

Hand auger You'd be drilling for days me thinks...

Keeping Kids Warm  needs your help

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2005, 08:01 AM »
Well. THe AUger saves time no doubt and if u have a chain saw and some dynamite even better lol... Thats trappers way isnt it? LOL Seen snow so i decided to jump to the ice forums cant wait for cold... tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

trapperdirk

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Well. THe AUger saves time no doubt and if u have a chain saw and some dynamite even better lol... Thats trappers way isnt it? LOL Seen snow so i decided to jump to the ice forums cant wait for cold... tight lines!

Good to see you finally made your way back Germ and there was ice in the barrel the last couple of days . ;D

TD

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2005, 10:19 PM »
I can see i will not live down the wording of that post LOL

Glad to see you Germ.

This is the longest time of the year!! waiting for ice!!

Minnow

Offline Tambo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2005, 07:30 PM »
The forecast is looking a little better....here's to hitting Simcoe On Jan 1st.
Wouldn't that be nice
Tambo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.