Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607108 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25560 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:18 PM »

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25561 on: Nov 24, 2021, 10:34 PM »
Good evening a Happy thanksgiving to everyone may you all have a good day tomorrow . Safe journeys to all traveling. Little noise her tonight the vacant unit that was up for sale has a new owner moving in tonight or at least dropping off some items. City council meeting in Newburgh on Monday night residents calling for the city to take more action to curb/stop gun violence among youths. One city residents who is president of City's NCAAP feels the school district should due more to teach youth ways to resolve disputes conflicts without using violence. He stated since the school district has a 300 million dollar budget compared to the cities 55 million budget it could develop after school programs and provide transportation of youths to their homes. A consultant to the police department says no one person or entity is going to solve the problem community must work together to find answer to the problem. The police department issued statements saying there were no reported injuries form the two incidents of guns being fired within the city earlier in the day and that no person(s) have been identified as the shooter/shooter in last Wednesday shooting but they believe younger members of city groups were involved this to me means the shootings on Wednesday maybe gang related. The Newburgh school district was open on Tuesday and today but had virtual learning available to students at all grade levels. I will leave a link to local newspaper's website at the end of this post for those interested in seeing today's article on the shooting. Also for all you Deer hunters there is a story on EHD /Zombie deer disease and how NY. deer herd may never see "herd Immunity to the disease. i believe you can view both articles with having a subscription to the newspapers website.
IFF thank you for sharing story of Sunday's deer hunt  as other said it happens to most deer hunters at one time or another if you get out again this season and get a shot at another deer may your aim be true. Drifter may all your vehicles/toys that ae used during the Winter be serviced and ready to go . I believe you Canadians celebrated your Thanksgiving last month so have a good Thursday and Friday along with a nice weekend.
Ice Wanderer wish I could answer your question sadly many of the issues/problems that caused the riots in the late 1960's have not been resolved. Also Newburgh does have a portion of it's population living at or below the poverty level so with parents struggling to earn money to provide for their families many youth come home to parent-less houses/apartments after school and have some time to themselves sadly some get involved with gangs or other people who have no problem using violence to solve issues . I hope today's hunting was more comfortable and you seen deer and possibly had a chance to harvest one.
Hunts2long may the leech field work have gotten completed today. Please give my thanks to your daughter Amber if she is working tomorrow I appreciate all those who have to work on holidays many times while traveling to my Sisters on Christmas mornings I have stopped at DD to get breakfast .
Eddie it is sad that some young people use guns to settle disputes and many children go to school each day wondering if they will get safely back to their home after their school day is completed. Hope your afternoon hunt had some activity besides birds and squirrels. Give my best to your mom if visiting over this Holiday weekend.
Zcm-28 Monday's gun incidents were only shots fired. The three Newburgh high school campuses and possibly the middle have metal detectors and portable scanning wands. this past spring while attending a lacrosse game i and other spectators were scanned before before entering the seating area this also was the only school district where I was asked my name and security check to see if it was one list as number of spectators allowed were limited due to Covid. yes sadly acts of violence can happen anywhere.
Noah H. did today's hunting end with your harvesting a deer.
Whopper Stopper can understand your concern about the Afib given your brother deals with it. I see Bud enjoyed at least one grandpa Ernie while stay at the Shack.
Old goat,OldSailor,Bart may you all have good Thanksgiving with your families. Thank you for the Thanksgiving greetings nice scene.
wallyworld good to see one of your backyard visitors has avoided the local hunters. curious does Mr.WW also view the game camera photos if so i see you having some arguments over not letting him bow/crossbow hunt on your property. nice work with the blackberry pie. may you have safe and problem free travel if heading to your son's this weekend to celebrate as a family.
fish/hunt4ever glad you arrived safely in Colorado in spite of battling the strong winds to reach your destination. I hope all of you are having a good vacation.

Everyone enjoy yourselves tomorrow I hope all of you have many things in your life to be thankful for this and every year.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25562 on: Nov 24, 2021, 11:31 PM »
You are correct Steve. Our thanksgiving was is in October.

Happy thanksgiving to all you Yanks tomorrow!!!
Save me some pie.  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25563 on: Nov 25, 2021, 04:26 AM »

Good Morning and HAPPY THANKSGIVING ER"s,
                            It's 21* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Bud..........I don't want to rub it in but are you dreaming about that buck at night now that you have seen it live and in person/animal.  :whistle:
                            Marv .......They are doing some remarkable things with the electric saws. a lot of the tree guys around here use them more when climbing. :flex:
                            Fish.........Those winds sure make ut tough to drive in, when I lived in California if winds got that high they would make truckers pull over
              for fear of flip overs. :cookoo: Nice view. :thumbsup:
                            Steve.......That's a big budget, with that the schools should have everything, or is it they have to pay the teachers much more to teach there. :unsure:
                            Eddie.......Yesterday morning was a better day out weather wise, the leaves were very crunchy and where water ponded was frozen. If stepped on it
              it sounded like glass breaking. So sitting was the way to go. :blink:
                            H2l...........Did you have to get a permit to replace your leech field? I had a drywell when I first built my house and the guy buried the well 4'
              deep. So it backed up way to soon. So my #1 son and I built a leech bed and is now working fine. :flex:
                            Wally........That pie looks delicious. Good job. :clap: :flex: :bow:
                            OS...........I'm glad to read that you're making progress everyday. I had a friend that had a hip replacement in September and was ice fishing by
               December. :flex:
                             Dave.......You Win! lol :roflmao:
                            I'm not heading out today, I'm going to give a rest.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and for those who have to work today, Thank you. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25564 on: Nov 25, 2021, 04:27 AM »
27* light west wind.
Didn't go out yesterday am. My brother said it was 11* at his house.
The leech field job is complete. Finished up about noon after waiting almost 2 hours for the inspector who looked at in about 5 minutes and left.
No deer in the pm.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Mr. C, I will pass your thanks on to Amber when she goes in at 6am
WW, blackberry TRUMPS punpkin any day. The wife made a grape pie from a few vines I have in the yard.
Lindsay and Rocky stayed overnight.
Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25565 on: Nov 25, 2021, 04:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Clear and calm 24* this am, high of 45 today.

:bow: :clap:   HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!  Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful day! :clap:  :bow:

Wally…the pie looks amazing!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Woke to find a new visitor in the house…her name is Lucy…our Elf on the Shelf has returned for another visit of mischief and fun!   ;D  :woot:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25566 on: Nov 25, 2021, 05:43 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25567 on: Nov 25, 2021, 06:01 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Same to you Pat

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25568 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:10 AM »
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving may everyone have a great day. Forty degrees outside heading to fifty five partly cloudy sky and 5-10 mph winds. I have the TV on watching the Macy's parade right now performers from different Broadway shows in front of Macy's as the parade makes it way from starting point by Central park in the seventies to 34TH street.

Icefisher-45 saw a couple posts from you  may all be going well for you and your wife. Have a good Thanksgiving and share a little turkey with Mr. Dickens.
Drifter thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes have a good day and keep warm as Winter weather moves into the yellow Knife area.
Eddie I thought at first Lucy was going to be a new family pet. Good to hear you and the wife are getting into the Holiday season spirit.
Hunts2long thank you I've worked a few Thanksgiving Days so appreciate all who work on holidays. May you have a good day with your daughters whenever you eat the big meal. Sounds typical of most building /construction inspections a quick walk through the inspector is happy and work passes inspection.
Ice wanderer some of the budget money comes from state and federal aid. The schools district spends a good deal of money on transportation from getting students to school ,sports and other activities. back when my sister and i were going through the Newburgh public school system they were under pressure to racially mix  classes at the lower age levels. Two schools with similar blue prints open in the early seventies and students in grades 5-8 were bused from parts of city of Newburgh to these schools (the areas population was also growing) When we were students the now middle school near the scene of recent shooting was a junior high school grades 7-9 with grade 5-6 classes for students in that part of city.  It was called South junior high and there was a North Junior high in another section of the city both schools were WPA projects during the Great Depression. Now the North Junior building is the North Campus of the high school . There are currently three high school campuses main (Newburgh Free Academy /NFA/ the north campus and the west campus which is a former elementary school. Given some students primary language is not English there are second language programs and I think one school for younger students  .to get the lower grades racially mixed in the late seventies the district made it's elementary schools into "magnet" schools with different areas of study besides the required core studies. this was a way to entice get parents/students who lived in surburbs of newburh interested in attending schools in the city if your child likes science there is a school for that,etc. so you can see the costs pile up.
Wallyworld same wishes for you and mr.WW ,I'm guessing your celebrating today with relatives and friends who live closer to you and may head to your son's tomorrow or make the trip at Christmas.

Once again everyone have a great day enjoy your time with family and friends. keep safe and healthy.

Steve

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25569 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:12 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving all! 39° and breezy here.

Nothing on the agenda today. Payday tomorrow, though, so grocery shopping on Black Friday is always a great time 😒

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25570 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:20 AM »
IW....thank you  :bow:

MrC.....we're staying home this year, will be traveling to MA at Christmas hopefully with a better outcome than last December  :whistle:

Z....best store to be in on Black Friday, everyone's sick of food and thinking of gifts to buy  ;)2

Eddie...have fun with Lucy  ;D

The view this morning at sunrise

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25571 on: Nov 25, 2021, 09:24 AM »
  Good morning ER's Happy Thanksgiving to all. It's snowing here and did see some skim ice the other day. Caught a couple vex switch boxes on flea bay.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25572 on: Nov 25, 2021, 10:39 AM »
Jeff. ? Oh so you know the effects of Buck Fever symptoms works. ??? First hand I take it  ;D   ;D   At the Daughters helping cut the beef Sausage and cheeses for a snack tray granddaughter and family have yet to arrive

A happy day to all stay safe if you’re traveling
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25573 on: Nov 25, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Jeff. ? Oh so you know the effects of Buck Fever symptoms works. ??? First hand I take it  ;D   ;D   At the Daughters helping cut the beef Sausage and cheeses for a snack tray granddaughter and family have yet to arrive

A happy day to all stay safe if you’re traveling

Bud I've been lucky over the years, I've seen big bucks but never shot at one and missed. Everyone of them I've gotten to take home

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25574 on: Nov 25, 2021, 04:26 PM »
I have had my share of buck fever and missed some nice ones and have watched several people fall apart and miss, even had one guy just say bang and eject the live ammo and never pulled the trigger to actually shoot, but a good story to tell later on once the shame left.

Glad everyone is having a great day. Been getting things done here at the lodge and would say if anyone comes would pay for the wolf pass and pay the 100 a day for food. Has been working good so far with things still to do, the swimming pool and slides and water play has taken up probably the most time but the other activities is a nice thing to do as the kids get tired.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25575 on: Nov 25, 2021, 06:15 PM »
 :roflmao:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25576 on: Nov 25, 2021, 06:51 PM »
 :roflmao:  :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25577 on: Nov 26, 2021, 12:19 AM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: My thoughts exactly.  I drove on home, instead of staying overnight.  And that was what I found waiting for me, with ice cream. A bit chilly, and single digits.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25578 on: Nov 26, 2021, 03:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 32* and cloudy here on my hill. Rain is on it's way from Wally's diection. ::)
                       I hope everyone had an enjoyably Thanksgiving. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25579 on: Nov 26, 2021, 05:27 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  34* and cloudy here also, 37 for a high. We had some rain showers overnight, more expected anytime then mixing with snow as the the temps drop throughout the day.  Happy Black Friday!

Jeff…hope you had an enjoyable day with the family as well. Good luck this morning if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…I feel like that this morning… :roflmao: :clap:
  Bud…my first dose of the buck fever happened when I was around 17 or 18 years old. Drew back on a nice 6 pointer broadside with my recurve bow maybe 25yds. away and couldn’t control my shaking, had to let off and draw again…heart beating like a drum.  When I finally thought I had the pin right on him, I released and sent an arrow right over him… think I can still hear that arrow going through the tree limbs, lol.
  FH4…sounds like a great time at the lodge!  :clap:  Have you got a link to it?
  Wally…beautiful sunrise!  :clap:   Found Lucy this am stuck in the blinds of a window with her head peeking out…she spray painted “ I’m Back “ in big bold letters on the bay window with fake snow… ;D
  H2…good luck if you’re heading out this morning!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…what’s on the planner today? Received that link that you sent me… :thumbsup:

Like Jeff, hope everyone had an enjoyable day yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Traditionally, I usually go out deer hunting most every Thanksgiving morning, but yesterday I took a pass. Probably a good thing as I needed every minute to get things in order with my wife for the dinner…time well spent.
  I must be getting soft, just didn’t feel up to dealing with the rainy conditions expected soon, might take an afternoon stand though if it’s not too bad out. Going to do some on line shopping this am and see if I can find some deals.   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25580 on: Nov 26, 2021, 05:33 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....it's absolutely pouring here. changing over to snow in a couple hours  ::)  oh yeah and did I mention the wind  ???

Eddie.....those little rascals sure can keep the young ones entertained  :thumbsup:  not to mention on their best behavior   :whistle:

IFF....always room for pie on Thanksgivingb ;)2

MrWW is back in the woods for a few days  :flex:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25581 on: Nov 26, 2021, 06:07 AM »
34* and light rain, more on the way.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was great and Dallas got beat.
WW, I watched that red sky yesterday while setting under a White Pine. No deer. Heard 1 shot about 5 miles away...lol Good Luck to Mr. WW.
My brothers wife had a mini stroke on Wed. so she is in Ellis Hospital, was doing fine last night.
The new leech field is GREAT, no more Navy showers.
Hope everyone has a good day, be safe....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25582 on: Nov 26, 2021, 06:09 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

21 degrees to start, may see 32 later today

h2l....Prayers sent for your brothers wife.

Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving :thumbsup:

Best of luck to everyone in the woods hunting :thumbsup:

Today I have a few things to get lined up, and tomorrow I am going to do my last tree job of the season. I actually have 1 other job promised, but that can wait until spring, as it involves about 6 cord of oak firewood.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25583 on: Nov 26, 2021, 07:15 AM »
IW....snow's here :-\

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25584 on: Nov 26, 2021, 08:42 AM »
Let's see if I can get the link on my phone here.

https://www.greatwolf.com/colorado-springs

Hope this one works. Have a great black Friday everyone glad I am not out in the stores but kind of wish I was out chasing some pheasants but guess mini gold and some bowling on the agenda today.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25585 on: Nov 26, 2021, 08:47 AM »
Not sure what's going to be on my plate today.  More than likely turkey, and trimmings :unsure: Otherwise just being just plain lazy.
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25586 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:01 AM »
Morning all, 20° and sunny here. It was 17 around sunrise and the forecast high is 32, so we may see some teaser skim. Gotta run to town to grocery shop in a bit, so I'll probably swing by a couple ponds just to have a look.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25587 on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:55 AM »
Good day, 44 degree reading on my balcony thermometer and raining lightly with winds I'm estimating at 5-10 mph based on tree branch movement. Glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Watching the Macy's parade only reinforced that I'm getting older only knew a couple of the musical acts/singers preforming quite day for me otherwise did look through some of the Black Friday sales emails I received to see if anything would catch my interest as a possible Christmas gifts. Working in the retail field I will avoid shopping malls this weekend might patronize some small businesses tomorrow or just wait until Monday to start the bulk of my Christmas gift shopping .
Wallyworld thank you for the sunrise photo, if the lake effect snow machine is turned on today may it not leave you with to many inches. Best to Mr.WW with this weeks hunting.
Fish/hunt4ever sounds like your family is having a good time at Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado enjoy the remainder of your stay.
Ice wanderer best to you with any hunting this week. Is your wife still in Vermont or did she come home for thanksgiving.
Eddie good man staying home yesterday morning and helping your wife with the thanksgiving meal. may you be rewarded by seeing more deer next trip out hunting.
Hunts2long pray said your SIL makes a full recovery from the stroke. Best wishes to you also with deer hunting this week.
IFF enjoy the left overs today.
Whopper Stopper may tomorrows tree job go problem free. Sounds like you will be taking down one or more big oak trees this spring 6 cords is a fair amount of firewood .
Zcm-28 may you find the items you need grocery shopping and traffic not be to bad getting to and from the store.

Stay safe have a good day.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25588 on: Nov 26, 2021, 07:27 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I remembered I had a camera card that needed to be put into a video. Seems to be a lot of turkeys running around the yard. Not too early to put your order in for a Christmas bird :roflmao:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25589 on: Nov 27, 2021, 03:38 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 23* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Wally.........It didn't start snowing here until noon and ended up with an inch by the time it was over.  :whistle:
                             Marv........Thanks for sharing the video. :thumbsup:
                             H2l..........Prayers sent to your brother's wife, may she recover soon. :flex:
                             Steve.......I don't blame you for staying away from the malls, it gets pretty hectic with all the people out. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                             Eddie.......I hope you were able to get out yesterday and did some hunting, that big boy is waiting for you. :woot:
                             Bud..........Personall y I like the leftovers better than the meal, we went to my #2 sons in-laws for Thanksgiving so we don't have any
                leftovers .... Yet. Yesterday I went out and bought 2 turkeys at a reduced price to cook later this winter. :flex:
                             Fish..........Great Wolf Lodge sounds like a nice place. Enjoy you stay. :thumbsup:
                             Zcm.......... I hope you find some ponds to look promising for some fishing soon. :unsure:
                             I might hit the woods this morning to see if I can track some deer.
                             I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.