Author Topic: Discontinued Genz Bug question  (Read 1761 times)

Offline smoknz

• IceShanty Rookie
Discontinued Genz Bug question
« on: Jan 08, 2014, 08:30 PM »
Is there anything out there that is similar to the discontinued standup genz bug jig?  I've searched the web and haven't found anything that looks similar.  My stock on these is running low and I'm looking for a suitable replacement.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Discontinued Genz Bug question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2014, 01:10 PM »
Buy a Doit mold Ball jig 1/32 3 cavity and 1/16 3 cavity mold
get a drill bit same size as Heads  then drill one hole behind and one infront on both sides of mold Buy a ladel and pot40.00$  get some lead and make all you need forever. Sounds hard but its not. A punch to make sure the drill bit dosnt move is all you need. do one side of mold then copy the measurements to the other. You can just get a ladel and hand pour them in small amounts. a mold is like 40.00$ ladel 10.00$ and you can use tire weights if you cant find lead.
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline cold_feet

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice is Cool!!
Re: Discontinued Genz Bug question
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Buy a Doit mold Ball jig 1/32 3 cavity and 1/16 3 cavity mold
get a drill bit same size as Heads  then drill one hole behind and one infront on both sides of mold Buy a ladel and pot40.00$  get some lead and make all you need forever. Sounds hard but its not. A punch to make sure the drill bit dosnt move is all you need. do one side of mold then copy the measurements to the other. You can just get a ladel and hand pour them in small amounts. a mold is like 40.00$ ladel 10.00$ and you can use tire weights if you cant find lead.

The lure you are describing is a Genz Worm not Bug.   

Make your own genz bug by casting a mold yourself  there are a few ways  one cheap way is using Durahms rock putty and another way is with Silicon High temp 2 part mold making material bought on EBay.  If you are interested in making the mold let me know I will give you step by step instructions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.