Author Topic: 11 Mile  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Husker95

• IceShanty Rookie
11 Mile
« on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:01 AM »
I just moved down to Colorado springs.  Any news on conditions at 11 Mile?  Has anyone hit it yet this ice season?  i just got my X-mas ice auger (strikemaster Mag 2000) and am anxious to try it out!

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 11 Mile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I've heard of 1-2" of ice in places so in the next few weeks it should be good. Wtg on the new auger I have a lazer mag as well with a 7" + a 9" auger. This auger slices though the ice very quick!!!!!
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline Husker95

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Awesome.  the forecast for the next 10 days or so has the temp dropping down into single digits every night and the days getting into the 30s only.  and thats in town, not the mts.  we should have good ice in 2 weeks or less i would think.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2008, 08:56 PM »
It's iced over now but I'm going the following weekend just to be a little safer.Antero is seeing quite a bit of action,but I avoid the crowds.

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:25 AM »
It's iced over now but I'm going the following weekend just to be a little safer.Antero is seeing quite a bit of action,but I avoid the crowds.
I hear you there, I'm fishing on weekdays this year, just to avoid the crowds ;D ;D
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I'm going to head up Monday to see what the conditions are like.

Offline Fish Wolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2008, 01:41 PM »
west end of the lake had 5" to 8" of good ice a little swampy around the springs in sucker cove but overall good ice

Offline Husker95

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Excellent news.  this weekend should start making even more ice.  i will be hitting it soon.  thanks for the reports guys.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2008, 04:00 PM »
I just moved down to Colorado springs.  Any news on conditions at 11 Mile?  Has anyone hit it yet this ice season?  i just got my X-mas ice auger (strikemaster Mag 2000) and am anxious to try it out!
The ice is about five to six inches thick at Sucker Cove and Lazy Boy.The water in 12' of water at the Cove was murky but clear at Lazy Boy.I did manage one fat
17" cutbow.

Offline Husker95

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2008, 09:01 AM »
thanks coboy.  i am going to try to go this coming Sunday.  I like weekday fishing better, but you take what you get. 

Offline sonar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2008, 11:36 AM »
thanks coboy.  i am going to try to go this coming Sunday.  I like weekday fishing better, but you take what you get. 
???

??? going to 11 on sat..  never iced it before, any suggestions.. also when the ice is safe enough are you allowed to use an atv on the ice?  trying not to sound stupid but i just moved here from iowa, iced fished there for over 20 years and you can atv on any of the lakes.. thanks for any help

Offline ice seaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2008, 01:06 PM »
as far as ATV on the ice you cannot use a ATV or snowmachine unless you are handicapped and have permit talk to the ranger at the park to get information.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2008, 09:18 PM »
In addition to no motorized vehicles unless handicapped,no live minnows or suckers.You can use water dogs,wax worms,meal worms,etc..It's not a large reservoir so you can
access it fairly easy if you're not pulling a big sled or through a foot of snow.Ice cleats are recommended.

Offline sonar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2008, 08:45 AM »
In addition to no motorized vehicles unless handicapped,no live minnows or suckers.You can use water dogs,wax worms,meal worms,etc..It's not a large reservoir so you can
access it fairly easy if you're not pulling a big sled or through a foot of snow.Ice cleats are recommended.

Thanks for the info i will be on 11 all day sat will post what i can when i return

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Coboy, you are right.  I was able to see my jig on the bottom at 12 feet at Sucker Cove but not beyond that in my friends hut at 15 feet.  Glad to hear the water is clearer at Lazy Boy.  I'll be out there Saturday as well, most likely the east side of SC.  I'll be in a beatup old Frabill Venture hut that will be parked next to a Shappell.  Hopefully the action will be better this weekend - maybe the full moon had something to do with the slow action.  Early ice at the Mile is usually great!

I sure love the southside of the Mile.  Only problem is that it gets awful cold once the sun ducks behind the bluffs at 3PM.  Then I wish that I was fishing the northshore.

Offline sonar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Thanks for the info i will be on 11 all day sat will post what i can when i return

fishing was very slow for myself and most people I talked to today. Had 4 bites all day,  fished on the marina side of the lake, did hear of a couple of salmon being caught not far from thre marina.  The weather was great till noon then the wind came... everywhere I drilled had a solid 8 inches some places 10..  thats all for now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.