Author Topic: New to the area  (Read 504 times)

Offline ewingfish

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the area
« on: Jan 10, 2014, 11:01 AM »
Hello all!

I actually just moved to Bloomingdale from Colorado about a month back. Unfortunately, during the move I was unable to bring any of my ice fishing gear and have no idea where I can fish around here, or even how to fish for the types of fish you have out here. I've been ice fishing for about the past 15 years, mainly going after rainbow trout and lake trout.

I was wondering if any of you have any good places you'd be willing to share for me to go one weekend. Also, since I don't have any gear yet, I was hoping I might be able to tag along with someone as well. I'll be running to get my tackle box in order soon, and gear up with a couple rods as well.

Any info would be appreciated... I am definitely missing not being on the ice!

Nick

Offline lobhater

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New to the area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:19 AM »
As someone who was new to IL 5 years back I know how it is. If you ever want to make a trip down south by Bloomington hit me up and let me know. I would be happy to kill a day on the ice with you. If you do find some spots up north I am always down to take a little trip as well so keep me in mind and send me a message if you would like. Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.