Author Topic: looking for volunteers  (Read 503 times)

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
looking for volunteers
« on: Dec 12, 2012, 12:38 PM »
well i need someone willing to hit me in the head with a hammer I keep ordering ice fishing stuff on-line patiently anticipating ice and my wife says I keep jinxing myself she said I should just wait till there is ice and stop wasting my money on stuff for ice that is not coming yes she is a hater she does not like the cold so she does a no cold happy dance ever morning my boys said we should lock here up until the ice comes I think they may be right
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline Second City Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: looking for volunteers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2012, 01:26 PM »
Tell her you could be out sitting at a tavern blowing money instead of spending time with her...I dont know what it is about ice fishing gear. I dont NEED any more tackle. But every season I cant help to pick up some more gear.

I am starting to think there may be something to global warming. Remember when we had below zero days and a healthy dose of snow around Thanksgiving. I cant remember when northern Illinois last had weather like that. Looking like Wisconsin a few times again this year.

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: looking for volunteers
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2012, 08:06 AM »
I don't know that she isn't right. In fact, I believe she is because my wife is the same way, how could two women be wrong? I'm never right about anything, just ask my wife! Anyway, I hope the experts are wrong but everything I read or here at Industry (Horticulture) conferences say that we are going to stay in this drought pattern, I just hope that doesn't mean warm pattern as well. Maybe if all the ice fisherman pray hard enough, we'll get an arctic blast for a week or two and the ice will hang around for a bit. Oh and by the way, hitting a fellow angler in the head with a hammer would bring seven years of bad ice..:)

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.