Author Topic: Where is good Walleye fishing with 45min all Albany ny area, please let me know  (Read 5994 times)

Offline jba1133

• IceShanty Rookie
im looking to go walleye fishing somewhere in upstate ny. please let me know of any really good places.  thanks

Offline fishdoggg

• IceShanty Rookie
Sacandaga reservoir, Saratoga lake, Mohawk river, Canadarago lake, The best is Oneida lake.  Thats about it locally and from a productive standpoint.  Okay I missed the 45 minutes from Albany.  So Saratoga lake is best choice.  Sacandaga has good numbers but most small.  Good Luck!

Offline FLAGGERDUDE10

• IceShanty Rookie
I would try going to lock 7. :icefish:

Offline jig_a_fish94

• IceShanty Rookie
The tommy is the best that I know of. I limit out every time I go
FISH ON!!!

Offline Hobo Hilton

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it's FISHABLE or HUNTABLE, It's ME
The only Two I would recommend, has already been given you.  For good size and numbers; Saratoga Lake and Tomhanic Reservior, but remember you need a Permit to fish the Reservior.  I hope my spelling is right.

Offline judadamo

• Team IceShanty Regular
You limit out every time you go

Offline jig_a_fish94

• IceShanty Rookie
Yup  ;) but I DON'T keep every fish. I just like to catch them. And i only eat the smaller ones.i Always let the big one go
FISH ON!!!

Offline pacbasket

• IceShanty Rookie
The Tomhannock Reservoir does have some nice walleye but i have not been able to catch them consistently, the yellow perch on the otherhand are/ have been a different story, the lake has some nice fish.

Offline IceFlagger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trick'in & Kill'in
Make sure you have a permit for the Tomhannock, you can get one at Troy City Hall for I beileve its twenty dollars for a two year permit

Offline jig_a_fish94

• IceShanty Rookie
yes i agree play it safe and get a permit. also tight lines :tipup:
FISH ON!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.