The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: chequamegon bay ice fishing guide recconmendations  (Read 2625 times)

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
chequamegon bay ice fishing guide recconmendations
« on: Nov 20, 2011, 04:00 PM »
A friend of mine wants us to try chequamegon bay this year.  Looking for reccomendations.  Any hep appreciated.

Offline blackbeast

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: chequamegon bay ice fishing guide recconmendations
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:16 PM »
Call outdoor alure in Washburn, WI I know there is a guy there I don't know his name or fees but I know he dose open water and pretty sure he dose also. If not the can at least point you in the right direction. What are you searching  for in the dead sea? Good luck to you if you go your going to need all you can get.
thats the biggest smelt i've ever seen 

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:23 PM »
It would be impossible to beat Jim

http://www.fishchequamegonbay.com/

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:54 AM »
When I went up in July Outdoor allure bait shop was closed (out of business), not sure if he still does the guide thing. I had John Marksman take me out last winter one weekend, didn't catch a lot of fish but their were fish moving through every day and being fairly new to superior fishing learned a lot, I had a couple gear mistakes that cost me a couple fish. He is a memeber of this site (Venom) his email is [email protected]. Good luck on the ice.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2011, 03:45 PM »
x2 on Jim Hudson. Nice guy and knows his way around. Drop a line to to Roger LaPenter at Anglers All in Ashland would get you some other options.

http://www.anglersallwisconsin.com/

/m
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline chequamegon slammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:08 PM »
 :)Look up marksman guide service, the fees and other info is on his web site. The outlook for Chequamegon Bay is fantastic this year, the numbers are up on browns and rainbows. No matter who takes you out or if you try yourself their are fish to be caught. Good luck and pray for ice.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2011, 12:57 AM »
Thank you to all for the info. I will pass this on to my buddy so he can try to set something up

Offline Chequamegon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:10 AM »
For Chequamegon bay ice fishing guides I would say Capt Jim Hudson and or my self Capt Aron Kastern, Jim and I fish together and have logged many years fishing this wonderfull body of water for trout and salmon and other warm water species of fish. Also we both stay on the big lake trout bite all winter long as well good choice either way. If you can think of it you can catch it on Chequamegon Bay during the ice season so if your thinking about it this season come on up and give the big lake a try for sure we know you will be very happy you did. Chequamegon

Offline venom

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On Ah Fish "N" Mission
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Forgot I must have just moved to this area lol ;D Well who ever you go with Im sure it will be a good trip always something to learn on this water for anyone who has never fished it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.