Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Brushy Creek  (Read 1686 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Brushy Creek
« on: Jan 22, 2021, 09:25 PM »
When i first started using this forum everyone talked about this lake but since then the chatter has quieted down and I don’t hear anything about it. What’s up with this lake? I’m thinking about heading up there Sunday to go fishing and i was hoping for some guidance, mostly looking for panfish.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Brushy Creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2021, 04:14 PM »
I don't know much but maybe it's been quiet because ice is frequently variable there.  I've also heard that people flood the north end and pressure the fish heavily there, so maybe a different area would be worth checking out.

Offline yakker13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2021, 05:00 PM »
Was just going to ask this over the weekend but never got around to it. Been a few years since I made the 2-hr trip to Brushy and was wondering if it was worth another shot.

Offline Cope02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2021, 07:59 PM »
I live 10 minutes from the lake lots of perch and a lot of sorting been catching small walleyes bluegills are small crappies are limited to after dark with most being on the small side ice is good seen atv running around the whole lake one spot of open water by the beach lots of geese and we are looking at getting 5” of snow tonight so gonna be thought to get around unless you have a atv

Offline Dwedemeier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:35 AM »
Been there a couple times over the last month and the high fishing pressure hasn't let up. North end has been loaded with tents with a decent amount scattered across the lake. I've had people set up within 10yards of me both times up there. Have not managed to catch a keeper bluegill and have only seen 2 crappie caught. The perch fishing is so-so but the size isnt amazing.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2021, 10:19 AM »
Good info. I was supposed to go to Lake of the Woods this week but Covid took a care of the for me. I have a few days off and i was thinking about heading up to give it a try this week. If its good enough for Quads that would be awesome, be nice to drag my otter out for a bit. perch are my main target.

Offline Iawinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2021, 06:27 PM »
Looked at it today, about 10" fresh snow on it. Not sure if my four wheeler can pull a sled through it. May wait a couple of days and let someone else try it.

Ice was looking good Saturday, 8" where I was at. Only problem area I saw was right off the beach. There's a seam of open water running from the beach to the northeast almost across the main part of the lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.