Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

First fish of 2024

(1/8) > >>

zcm_82:
Went out on a small, shallow pond from about 1130am-3pm. The ice was a nice, solid 4-4.5 of clear with a bit of crappy white around the edges.

The water was extremely murky from all the rain, and the fishing was slooooow. They were there, just couldn't get them interested in anything. I finally had one dink bass and a small gill whack a Powerbait Fry around 2pm, but other than that it was a Dead Sea kind of day.

I'll be hitting it again tomorrow, hopefully they aren't as negative 🤷‍♂️

ratsotail:
Thanks for the report and ice conditions! What town are you near? Better luck next trip. I was wondering about that last rain and it's effect on water quality and fish moods. I checked the lake I want to fish soon before ice up and it was pretty clear. Hoping the fish are hungry!

Tight Lines,

Jeff

zcm_82:
I was fishing in Iroquois County.

It was really stirred up. Visibility in that pond is typically 5-6 feet, it was about 2 today.

hounds:
Be safe glad you made it out.

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: hounds on Jan 15, 2024, 05:43 PM ---Be safe glad you made it out.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Not sure if I'll go back to that one tomorrow, or a different pond. The ice was just in the best shape on that one today. The others I looked at were about 3" this morning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version