Author Topic: Snow dog  (Read 6001 times)

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Snow dog
« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2023, 09:02 AM »
We have been using the snow dog the last couple of weeks ..it’s not for me as I like to walk but it helps at the end of the day when you are heading out ..my old lady loved it  as you can see in the picture ..I find it to be too loud but it’s still helpful in a number of ways

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2023, 11:06 AM »
I have had my Snowdog for 3 seasons now and it does what I want. I haul it on a hitchhauler so I can still get my flip and sleds in the truck bed. its a good setup and not near the maintenance of a snowmobile. Hauls all my stuff out onto the ice and gets me out further than this Ol' Fat Man wants to pull his sleds.
Seem to be easier to get out of the slush monster than a snowmobile too. I figure with all my stuff and my fishing partner ridding on the seats of the flip it pulls over 800lbs of gear n such no problem. So far I am happy with it.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2023, 11:09 AM »
Almost bought one...then a buddy built one for 1/3rd of the cost and its a beast.  May go that route.

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2023, 11:31 AM »
Almost bought one...then a buddy built one for 1/3rd of the cost and its a beast.  May go that route.

I joined a FB group for homemade builds...I have absolutely no practical use for one of these things, but they look like so much fun to tear around the yard I might build one anyway.
-Matt

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2023, 12:54 PM »
I am still thinking about getting one. I don’t think I have the skill, time or energy to built one.

My only issue is the noise it makes. Has anyone added a decent muffler to bring the noise down?

My enjoyment of ice fishing includes the overall peace and tranquility of it all.
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:35 PM »
We have been using the snow dog the last couple of weeks ..it’s not for me as I like to walk but it helps at the end of the day when you are heading out ..my old lady loved it  as you can see in the picture ..I find it to be too loud but it’s still helpful in a number of ways

I can see why it wouldn’t be for some people it’s not as fast as a snowmobile or comfortable but it’s perfect for what I’m going to use it for which is dragging deer through the woods and getting my machine on the icee early season,It’s a lot lighter than an atv or snowmobile. And I don’t need a big trailer to haul my gear I can simply use a hitch trailer and put all my gear in the bed of my truck. Your Wife looks like she is having a blast! That’s what it’s all about good looking crowd

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:39 PM »
I had considered one for that, dragging deer, then remembered how often do we even have any snow anyway
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:43 PM »
I had considered one for that, dragging deer, then remembered how often do we even have any snow anyway

True that, but believe it or not these are made for year round use. Even in the woods with no snow. I know loggers that use these to haul wood in the summer. They love it.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:49 PM »
I have had my Snowdog for 3 seasons now and it does what I want. I haul it on a hitchhauler so I can still get my flip and sleds in the truck bed. its a good setup and not near the maintenance of a snowmobile. Hauls all my stuff out onto the ice and gets me out further than this Ol' Fat Man wants to pull his sleds.
Seem to be easier to get out of the slush monster than a snowmobile too. I figure with all my stuff and my fishing partner ridding on the seats of the flip it pulls over 800lbs of gear n such no problem. So far I am happy with it.

Curious which hauler you went with? I just bought the ulta tow with a rattle kit to keep the noise down and it’s also supposed to keep it from moving to much.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:14 PM »
True that, but believe it or not these are made for year round use. Even in the woods with no snow. I know loggers that use these to haul wood in the summer. They love it.

Did not know that, good to know. Now I’m more interested  ;D

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:14 PM »
How much you think it’ll pull?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:16 PM »
Any clue on mileage per tank say on pulling a 200-225 lb buck 2 miles out in a lot of uphill terrain?

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:35 PM »
Any clue on mileage per tank say on pulling a 200-225 lb buck 2 miles out in a lot of uphill terrain?

Are you asking for friends?? Jk ;) I’ve seen your wall. It says it will pull 440 lbs and .8 gallons per hour and hold 1.75 which doesn’t seem like much so I bought a gas can that mounts to one of the side bars. So gas won’t be an issue. If you’re ever serious about getting one I’ll lend you mine to use to see if it works for you!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:37 PM »
Are you asking for friends?? Jk ;) I’ve seen your wall. It says it will pull 440 lbs and .8 gallons per hour and hold 1.75 which doesn’t seem like much so I bought a gas can that mounts to one of the side bars. So gas won’t be an issue. If you’re ever serious about getting one I’ll lend you mine to use to see if it works for you!

Bad assss. Now I want one

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:39 PM »

Maybe we can find out together

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:46 PM »
Maybe we can find out together

I like the way you think ;DLet me know pal! I am always down for anything that involves hunting or fishing.

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:53 PM »
They have different models,the one I have is the sport. Has reverse which from what I’ve heard is the way to go.  Probably won’t pull your clients moose out tho lol. Do you have a machine you use for the moose?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:01 PM »
Of course ;) ;)! Check out the Argo

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:10 PM »

Looks like a mini tank! That’s awesome. How much weight can it pull?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Not sure, but haven’t seen it not be able to pull anything. Full disclosure this is not mine it’s the outfitters I work for. Thing is amazing and amphibious as well

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Does it float?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:16 PM »
Does it float?

Yes you can forge a river if you want

Unless you’re asking about the snow dog

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:29 PM »
Yeah the Argo caught my eye. That’s gotta be a serious help up in the NMW. Looks like a lot of fun to go exploring with too.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:33 PM »
So actually they are t aloud in the NMW that’s when you gotta go with winches and block and tackle, Mule tape, etc

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:39 PM »
Weird, but that’s what I get for assuming and only having been up there once to fish.

Still a sweet rig. Are you going to use it to ice fish as well?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Jan 18, 2023, 09:04 PM »
No, not I. Just for moose season.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:38 AM »

Adrien Is selling his ;)
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #57 on: Jan 19, 2023, 05:27 AM »
How much you think it’ll pull?

Sent you a video pal..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:53 AM »
When they make an electric one, I will probably buy it.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 19, 2023, 02:11 PM »
Curious which hauler you went with? I just bought the ulta tow with a rattle kit to keep the noise down and it’s also supposed to keep it from moving to much.

https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-70275-Aluminum-Carrier-Folding/dp/B008CE0O8Y/ref=dp_fod_2?pd_rd_w=mWOo8&content-id=amzn1.sym.d4cdfb0a-d4b4-4f0b-8c51-55838af3328a&pf_rd_p=d4cdfb0a-d4b4-4f0b-8c51-55838af3328a&pf_rd_r=KMVZYDP5VHV136Z17ECY&pd_rd_wg=ZIJq5&pd_rd_r=71a353cd-865b-44e8-9883-1cf06364ad45&pd_rd_i=B008CE0O8Y&psc=1

this is the Hitch Hauler I went with. It rattled a bunch so I took it to a welding shop and they took the folding part off and just made it a straight bar hitch mount. It still wobbles a bit back there, especially on rough roads etc. Have Hauled it with no major problems and probably put better than 1000 miles on hitch hauler so far. This is one of the larger haulers you will find and you need one at least this big or the dog won't fit.
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.