The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sno-Pro or Mission Ice Shack  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Stealurfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Sno-Pro or Mission Ice Shack
« on: Nov 04, 2018, 09:49 AM »
Does anyone own a Sno-Pro or Mission Ice Shack?

And if so, what size and how do you heat it...in addition, is it better to insulate them or leave them uninsulated due to potential condensation issues?   Ie.   Too air tight...

Thanks in Advance

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sno-Pro or Mission Ice Shack
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2018, 09:02 AM »
I do not own one, although I have owned quite a few and do currently own an Alcom product. I've seen those Mission Ice shacks and drooled over them when I picked up my EZ Hauler at Scotts recreation in Augusta. All I can add is that when I put a heater in my un-insulated trailer it condenses quite a bit. I would insulate for sure and also add a roof vent.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline McGrath

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SHINERS FOR SALE
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2018, 06:12 PM »
I am looking for the same info. Hope some one chimes in.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2018, 07:45 PM »
I don't own one either but if you have the coin to purchase one I would think you can afford to insulate it. Derby up here raffles one off every year and I believe they put spray foam insulation and cover it with cedar paneling. It gets so damn cold up here I couldn't imagine trying to heat something that's not insulated. IMO insulation would cut down on most condensation issues. The other would be to heat with a wood stove rather than propane cause propane will cause condensation while burning wood will dry everything in your shack.
It must be something in the water.

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2018, 03:30 AM »
You might want to look into a vented propane heater .

Offline Stealurfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2018, 02:33 PM »
Thanks Folks...

The consensus from everyone i’ve chatted with is to insulate and utilize a vented propane heater...

The folks at alcom offer this at about a $3k option...  needless to say i’ll pass.

I’d certainly be curious if anyone is heating these with a wood stove...  there ain’t nothing like a fire and a few brewskis on the ice.

Offline SilverSides

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing is better than any day at work!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2018, 04:29 PM »
I have an 8 X 12 Sport Shack. I insulated it with 1 inch foam board and covered with Luan plywood. I heat it with a small woodstove and it will make you sweat most of the time.

Offline Stealurfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2018, 11:44 AM »

Brand of the wood stove?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.