Author Topic: skunked at Breezy  (Read 1260 times)

Offline littlebigman

• IceShanty Rookie
skunked at Breezy
« on: Mar 26, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Went to Breezy Point yesterday,and got skunked!Had a fish early on but lost it.Everyone else there did not fair well either.Only a couple of fish were caught among us,no walleye.There were quite a few vehicles on the ice as I drove down HWY 9 on my way back home.I was alone so I didn't want to chance it getting stuck on the ice.That's it for this year.Did anyone else have anything to report from yesterday?I'm glad I came across this forum.,good info.

grumpymoe

Re: skunked at Breezy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2005, 08:45 AM »
littlebigman.....was there a noticeable increase in current???....breezy in general might not be the spot to hit this late in the season....pretty much a straight on shot for fresh water influx....past experience would be the End of Main north of the creek, fishing in 5-10 feet of water/gravel bottom for late eyes....anyone else???...Grump....BTW....thi s area can become quite thin very quick...use extreme caution venturing near shore...drill frequently and spaced no more than 10 feet apart....be safe 8)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:02 AM »
Sorry that you guys didn't catch any fish but the main thing is that you got to put your line in the water
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2005, 09:32 AM »
I must agree with Grump. At this time of the year I would use extreme caution when venturing out at Breezy. The fish may be holding up closer to the shorelines if the current is picking up.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline littlebigman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2005, 02:55 PM »
There was vitually no current at about 13ft of water.As you got closer to 30ft there was a slight current but manageable.The ice was still about 2ft thick,even close to shore.People were still driving on it,even saw a few cars.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.