Author Topic: All I can say is Wow  (Read 3926 times)

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
All I can say is Wow
« on: Mar 22, 2005, 10:47 PM »
Again thanks for all the tips on where to go guys.
Two friends of mine Wendell and John and myself left Kleefeld at 7:00am and arrived at the Delta at about 10:00am.
We sleded out talking to a few anglers on the way. One set had caught 1 tulibee and had one nibble. They were only about 300 yds from the diversion. We headed out about another 300 yards having read previous post, stating 1 km was where the fish were. We thought we would give it a try and keep moving if need be.
We drilled 3 holes and immediately had some action. In about 15 min. we had 14 tulibee on the ice and had caught and released 2 burbot and one perch.
Happy with the way things were going we figured this would be a good place to set up and since the wind was picking up and it was staring to snow we set up the tent and settled in.
Then it started getting good well that is if you like catching alot of tulibee. They just never quit. We were using 1/8 once jigs and cutting our minnows into 1/4s.The light green jigs were about the best.
It was a steady catch all day and then sometimes it would pick up a bit.
By 4:30 when we packed up we had manage a phenomenal 3 - 400 tulibee, 30 burbot, one 33 1/4 inch beauty but only 5 small perch. A couple of guys just to the west of us managed a pail of nice perch, so I'm thinking maybe a different presentation might have got us a few more perch, but we were pretty happy with the day.
We left with a pail of tulibee destined for the smoke house, and a day like none of us had ever experienced.
Again I say Wahooo DELTA.

Oh yea I got a few pics to

A couple of the tulibee eary afternoon.

The burbot

My MA burbot 33 1/4.  One quick kiss and then back down the hole.

Tim

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: All I can say is Wow
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 04:42 AM »
Great pics. Finally I am not alone out there for kissing nessie before releasing her. ;D ;D ;D Wow 30 nessie's. Now that is a good day. Great job guy's. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2005, 06:29 AM »
way to go guys!!!!......now thats and awesome day....great pics and catch/releases.......like a few of us have posted, you have to go at least 3KMS out to the second ridge to really hit the perch.....when you get them tulibee smoked, please post a pic so the rest of us can DROOL!!!!....keep em coming...Grump ;D

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:01 AM »
Hey I know your buddys, I'm just a little south of you. Good to hear about the action on the delta.

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:57 AM »
Great job TK probaly going to see you out there on friday should be a nice day if the weather holds up. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:01 AM »
Hey sled-in good to hear I have another guy who really enjoys ice fishing close by talk to ya later. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Nice burbot. But I thought you guys from Manitoba were real men. Why out here in BC instead of kissing her we slip her the tongue. ie
[/img]
Sorry but my buddy got a little quick with the camera.

Nice shots. Thanks for sharing

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Way to go tk10fire!!  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Can't wait for Friday to have a turn at those Nessie's!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As for slipping them the tongue Terrygonefishing?  :P :sick: :sick:

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:25 AM »
TGF.....you must have a bad eye!!!!.....your tongue is nowhere near nessies mouth!!! :roflmao:...blame your buddy with the quick shot huh???  ;D..Grump

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:23 AM »
30 burbot :o :o :o  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WTG TK manI love that place!!I Hope to get out for the last three days ( mon tues weds)

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2005, 12:08 PM »
And I bet if I would of come with you guys it would have been 800 fish instead of 400 and I mist all the fun. ;)2 ;)2 well you did do pretty good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
POUND EM

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2005, 04:14 PM »
What do you guys do with all the tullibee? I've smoked em in the past but find them a bit dry. A friend of mine pickles them like herring but I've never tried them this way. I keep a few for shark bait over in the Whiteshell...Firefight er
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2005, 04:26 PM »
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW TOO !!!
Way to go on hammering them  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Nice job...thanks for sharing...do you smoke them yourselves or is there someone who will do it for you?  Between pike and catfish, I could keep a few for bait and wouldn't mind some smoked, but have no smoker myself.

Nice photos.

TGF, we gotta send some girls your way if you are getting that friendly with the fish  ;D ::) :o

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline icebraker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont catch today? There is alway's tommorow!!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Congrats!!!! Noe you know what Lake Manitoba (delta) burbot is all about.
<'(()))<

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Thanks guys. I have never smoked em before either but we are going to try them. John the guy in the red ski pants has a big smoke house and was going to soak them in a brind today and then smoke them tommorow. We were hoping that some of you might have a recipe for them too.
Tim

Offline joe10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • help! he is bringn me down!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2005, 05:00 PM »
That sound s good !!  :) :) ;) can't wait to try them out. ;) ;)
POUND EM

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2005, 05:04 PM »
same hear i hope we can go out tommorow would be great talk to ya later. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Talking about recipes for smoked tullibee, TK were you the one who called me about 5 years back about my recipe for smoked house, that was when I was much younger, I remember one of the firefighters called me about how to make a big smoke bomb.

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2005, 06:55 PM »
I think I'm starting to figure this out. Do you live near Kleefeld. And if so was that you who made that smoke bomb that went bad that same evening I asked how to make it.
Tim

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Well you asked me afew months later, but yes that was me I haven't made too many more since.

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2005, 11:36 AM »
Okay now we got that straight. I never used the smoke, still think it would be a good heavy smoke for training but as I remember had a bit of trouble finding "salt peter". Also the thought of what that smoke would do to our gear and how toxic it would acually be in close quarters kept me using the same straw smoke.

Hoping I can meet you on the ice fishing some time. Are you heading to the Delta on monday.

Man I sure am sorry to hear about your Dad. It is never a good time but he is just way too young. At least he got away from the dairy and out doing a bit more leisure for awhile.
Tim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.