New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Angling Nirvana  (Read 2294 times)

hali-man

Angling Nirvana
« on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:56 PM »
This term came up in a thread regarding a bait shop owner who passed away some years back. He was one of the "good ol' boys" and although I moved to Germany and the west coast for a large portion of my life I do remember going there as a kid. I was fascinated with his tanks and bait. I usually talked him into letting me have a couple minnows because I couldn't catch any that size...

Anyway- what do you think the perfect afterlife would be for a true angler?
It's just for stupid fun, as we all know that I'll probably be reincarnated as a kitten who gets cruelly tortured by a family of juvenile bullies.  :D

Slipbob has already suggested beer and walleyes. That is a very good start!  :clap:

I would like to add that instead of streets there would be different bodies of water, and everyone has their own boat, waders, and shanty!

Any ideas?

Offline Bartman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Angling Nirvana
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2005, 07:04 PM »
Nice thought Hali-man.

We're already close to Nirvana here in New York.

I'd like a virtual door where I can Ice fish on one side and open-water fish on the other depending what kind of mood I'm in.

And beer and walleyes too.

Heck, lets throw in women on trampolines.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Nirvana?  A cold beer, a trout stream, and a flyrod.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2005, 07:20 PM »
an endless supply of fresh backstraps to grill on the ice as well

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2005, 10:54 PM »
hahaha   ill take beer, trout walleye and women that cant talk but love to *&^* oh and the right/ability to fish 24/7 365 :0
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:01 AM »
I want to come back as the biggest Laker in the King and break all your guys lines ;)!! Eat smelt all day and spawn as much as I can! And then when I'm over 50lbs and 100 yrs old have some little 8 yr old kid catch me on his zebco 202 smack me on the head and put me on his wall! ;)2 :%$#!:

Robb :tipup:

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2005, 07:35 AM »
now thats good rob. knowing my luck i'll be just a can of worms that get put on your guys hooks.

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:01 AM »
I would like it to have 15" of ice all the time with a warm breeze with temps in the mid 70's, all our shanty's would be Tiki huts (Fully loaded), and maybe some hula dancers cooking a pig, all the while the walleyes will be waiting for our lines.

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:06 AM »
A cold, clean, clear stream loaded with wild brookies (none smaller than 12").  My choice of tackle (fly, spin, bait) depending on the mood I'm in.  A well aged bottle of Cognac and a humidor full of fine hand rolled cigars.
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:23 AM »
Lake or stream raining with rising fish, my choice of tackle and refreshments   ;)2

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2005, 10:03 AM »
hrm nirvana....

i see the fire roaring in the woodstove at the redneck resort, a few people milling around drilling around  passing the tanglefoot about.  The smelt are hungry as are the trout. the sun is setting the walleyes are getting ready come out. the tip ups are set and the batteries are charged i am taking my vex and pole and hit the first hole.

Offline hayfieldheller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2005, 06:09 PM »
nirvana, hmmmmm. i would never have to rebait my hook because my minnow never dies, line would never break and lose that fish of a life time, the ice would be thick and the women thicker :roflmao:, just kidding, and finally there would have to be an endless supply of beer, liquor, ted and food.

hayfieldheller

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.