Author Topic: Frabill titanium spring bobber  (Read 2907 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Frabill titanium spring bobber
« on: Jan 08, 2017, 12:24 PM »
I can't seem to find the search button anymore, so i apologize if this has been discussed at length.  I was soon be making a trip to a known bluegill lake and want to use a spring bobber so I don't miss a bunch of light bites.  I don't mind spending 12 dollars on a spring bobber, but is it worth it?

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill titanium spring bobber
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Check these out. Ice Strong Titanium Spring Bobbers. Laura and Matt are good people. There spring bobbers work well. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwin1sn6mbPRAhVC7IMKHWv2DXkQFghAMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fishicestrong.com%2Fstore.html&usg=AFQjCNFF6IkIIC4rybMnT7IFLmwCfU389w

Look good, but i'd rather not permanently attach it to my rod.  I sometimes use heavier jigs on the same rods and I don't want the spring bobber still attached.  Specifically asking about the Frabilll, not the st. croix, not Clam, not HT, not your bobbers down.  Frabill

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2017, 01:09 PM »
the frabill titanium bobber is the best ive used.if I was going to go back to using them I would get them first.2nd choice is the diy st.croix spring.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Give the thill floats a try they are great. I had 1 waxworm pull it under and that wasn't even the smallest size thill.

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Give the thill floats a try they are great. I had 1 waxworm pull it under and that wasn't even the smallest size thill.

I'm not asking about the thrill bobers. I'm sure they are good, but I am asking about the frabill

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Yes, I think they are worth it! I have two, one on each of my pan fish rods. My only complaint is that they don't make them with a chartreuse bead. But it's not a deal breaker.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2017, 11:21 PM »
I don't think any spring bobber is worth $12. You will see your line move before the bobber if the bite is that light anyways. I'd opt for a cheaper spring and save 10 bucks for bait or snacks. Any $2 spring will work for what you want.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2017, 01:12 PM »
I got this last year. I really didn't use it until this year but now I really like it. I used to use the coiled spring bobber but they would ice up and then you would have to blow through them to clear the built up ice. The only think I don't like is how it is attached. I ended up using the clamping method on the bobber and then adding tape or heat shrink tubing.

http://www.actiontackleproducts.com/abi.html

jbird68

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Love the frabill ones. They are removable, and can slide in and out for when you are transporting your rods. Can also adjust the "spring" for heavier or lighter jigs. Plus they have no memory. The guide at the end is also large enough to prevent freeze up while hole hopping, and allows you to slip a jig through it if you want to put the spring bobber on another rod. Worth it in my opinion.

Also, the search function is in the top left corner now! They are modifying the one that used to be in the center

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:21 PM »
I got this last year. I really didn't use it until this year but now I really like it. I used to use the coiled spring bobber but they would ice up and then you would have to blow through them to clear the built up ice. The only think I don't like is how it is attached. I ended up using the clamping method on the bobber and then adding tape or heat shrink tubing.

http://www.actiontackleproducts.com/abi.html

(Image removed from quote.)

Yep, I use those too!

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:57 AM »
I have both the Frabill and Clam.  I think the Clam is just as good for half the price.  Both are removable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PACK-OF-CLAM-NITINOL-TITANIUM-MEDIUM-LIGHT-TENSION-SPRING-BOBBER-2-PK-0400-/172470464304?hash=item28280a6f30:g:KAkAAOSwej1YXrG~

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.