New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sodus Bay BS Thread  (Read 47260 times)

Offline RiserMiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sodus Bay BS Thread
« Reply #60 on: Feb 18, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Thanks for responding guys. Great info. I think we’re gonna head that way Thursday. Looks like our best shot at getting the most action coming from buffalo. Tight lines all

Offline buck05

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 18, 2019, 07:11 PM »
My son and I was there sat -sun great place got some nice perch. We were all over started at .6 and Sunday we were 1.26. We had the four wheeler. 8-10 of ice. Def will be back. Mark  :tipup:

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #62 on: Feb 18, 2019, 07:18 PM »
I've been fishing out of third creek all season same spot. I'm not going to give exact location but it about a mile out and less than 20 foot of water. Stay away from the crowd and that's all I will give you. Have had a great season took my fifth trip yesterday and it was the best day so far.
Don't think he meant a mile...I've been fishing in about 28' and it's bout .6 miles straight out...been using vertical jigs with minnow pieces and/or perch eyes...good luck.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:10 PM »
Don't think he meant a mile...I've been fishing in about 28' and it's bout .6 miles straight out...been using vertical jigs with minnow pieces and/or perch eyes...good luck.

You may be right but maybe he didn't go "straight out"? Food for thought.

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 18, 2019, 08:50 PM »
You may be right but maybe he didn't go "straight out"? Food for thought.

"Straight out" seems relative. I know Brad, and I'm here to tell you he did walk straight out. Why would he ever want to not walk in a straight line? Some say that perhaps the shortest distance between to points is a .......... Straight line!

I again know that Brad wouldn't want to walk any further than he needed to,therefore, straight out he did walk! ;D @) ;D ;D

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #65 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:32 PM »
My straight out from 3rd creek WAS straight out to about 28' and that was .6mi

Offline RiserMiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 19, 2019, 04:49 AM »
Is there anywhere close to grab bait on the way to Sodus coming from buffalo?

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:07 AM »
Is there anywhere close to grab bait on the way to Sodus coming from buffalo?

DAVENPORTS on the bay
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 19, 2019, 05:16 AM »
"Straight out" seems relative. I know Brad, and I'm here to tell you he did walk straight out. Why would he ever want to not walk in a straight line? Some say that perhaps the shortest distance between to points is a .......... Straight line!

I again know that Brad wouldn't want to walk any further than he needed to,therefore, straight out he did walk! ;D @) ;D ;D

I walked straight out alright straight out to my spot. Put it this way I've been fishing same hole all seasons and this was the first time I've had shanties anywhere near me
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:41 AM »
I think he veered a little to the left.

Left to some straight out to others lmfao.

Offline Jmny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 19, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Bait shops on/near Sodus Point from intersection of Rt 10& Rt 14 to point.
Aware of the two at south end of lake (Davenport and Bay Bridge) but trying to avoid lost time fishing to acquire bait. Might have to go to plastics and gulp.  Anyways, i’d appreciate a reference for a tackle store off Rt 14
Thanks

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 19, 2019, 01:05 PM »
Aware of the two at south end of lake (Davenport and Bay Bridge) but trying to avoid lost time fishing to acquire bait. Might have to go to plastics and gulp.  Anyways, i’d appreciate a reference for a tackle store off Rt 14
Thanks

Those are the only 2 the one down in the point closes for the winter. Davenports opens at 5am

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 19, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Thanks
If you are coming from Greece stop in Irondequoit. I get my bait from S&R the day before. No lines. Saves a ton of time for sure. Good luck.
"3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 19, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Or Mitchell's on lake ave in greece

Offline Jmny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:27 AM »
Was wondering if the Sodus Bay Lodge is still open for room rentals?  They had reasonable room rates and  are located close to Yacht club access area. If you come from distance and want to fish more than one day is reasonable and within walking distance of restaurants and bars.  Appreciate a pm concerning  if  its open for business.
Thank

Offline heavyfire99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Feb 23, 2019, 09:34 AM »
How is the ice along the shoreline? Heading out tomorrow.  Did well last weekend minus a cellphone that went for a swim

Offline Prchmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 23, 2019, 10:27 AM »
How is the ice along the shoreline? Heading out tomorrow.  Did well last weekend minus a cellphone that went for a swim
if you go out tomorrow you better go early. Hurricane force wind gusts later in the day. They are saying the lake level could rise enough that you may be floating on a huge raft. Just a warning. Be careful
Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it...

Offline heavyfire99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Feb 23, 2019, 10:49 AM »
We planned on going early just for a few hours.

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 23, 2019, 05:01 PM »
We planned on going early just for a few hours.
shore ice is fine. Everything was firm when I came off at 3. Fished on 12 inches of ice. Bite wasn't great but managed a few meals of 10inch or better.
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline heavyfire99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Feb 23, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Thank you

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 23, 2019, 07:39 PM »
Hope you plan on fishing real early like midnight til 5am from 5am on 20+ mile an hour winds.

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #81 on: Feb 28, 2019, 09:48 AM »
How's the snow and pull out there today after the snowfall? Have sleds cut a decent path out? Specifically looking for info on 3rd Creek area.   :tipup:

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #82 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:22 PM »
How's the snow and pull out there today after the snowfall? Have sleds cut a decent path out? Specifically looking for info on 3rd Creek area.   :tipup:
was out of conley's area drag out was brutal. Back wasn't as bad but still enough to make you ask yourself why. I never went past eagle island. Cuz I wasn't gonna drag any more
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #83 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Lots of snow or snow/slush?  How much?

Offline JSince

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Feb 28, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Are sleds/ATV's still being run on the bay? Thoughts?

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Feb 28, 2019, 05:08 PM »
I posted my report from today on the reports side.

Offline keukaperch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Mar 01, 2019, 06:11 AM »
Hows the snow out of 3rd creek , wondering if it's worth the drag without a wheeler

Offline PurdIsTheWord

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Mar 01, 2019, 06:20 AM »
New to the website: How is ice on Sodus Bay, specifically I am looking to walk on at the launch by Arney's that still solid and safe?

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #88 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:01 PM »
Hows the snow out of 3rd creek , wondering if it's worth the drag without a wheeler

Some sleds and ATVs have cut some paths so it isn't too bad. About 4"- 5" as it compressed a bit today in the warmth. Dress down on the pull out and in as you will get warm. I kept two dozen 9 to 12" perch in 28 FOW. Had to sort through dinks. Tip downs were a savior for bigger keepers as the wanted bigger fatheads.

Offline hrdcore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Mar 01, 2019, 08:34 PM »
How's the water clarity? Irondequoit is stained pretty bad...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.